Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Videos not working

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul__ View Post
    Have you tried force closing your game? It should help. If not, just wait a little and try to watch the video again, that usually works for me!
    "Force closing" the game hasn't worked for me. I get like ONE gem every few days, then it's back to the error message.
    prgirl91 on both Bakery Story and Restaurant Story

Fashion Designer
    Mine is still not working, years now. Is s8 working on this? Frustrating

New Resident
    YES FRUSTRATING! WHY HAVE A GAME THAT DOESN'T WORK?
    I say this as a long time player, please fix and not ignore us!

New Resident
    My videos haven't loaded for over a year now. Is there ever going to be a fix for it. And why is it only on restaurant story.

New Resident

Restaurant Story videos don't play anymore

Quote Originally Posted by crzy4food View Post
    The videos to speed up cooking is not working. All I keep getting is, sorry, video failed to load, try again later. This is also happening on bakery story. I already sent a support ticket for bakery story and I don't want to have to send another one for restaurant story. I would like to know if this is happening to anyone else and I would really like to have this fixed. I'm on iOS
    Hi,

Years ago when I played on my samsung/android phone the videos always worked and then I could complete challenges better. For the past 2 years, the option to play videos to speed cooking times stopped. I haven't been able to finish challenges in forever. That option really helped me out. It is frustrating I can't use that benefit anymore just because I use an android device.

New Resident
    If your using an android device or Samsung, the option to play videos to speed cooking will not work. It hasn't worked for me in years. It used to when I first started playing super long time ago. Now it doesn't because I use an android device to play on. I still play the game because I like it so much, but I can never complete any challenges anymore without that little benefit to help me.

I am on Android and the videos have never worked.

Host(ess)
    Thanks to everyone for the info. I would contribute, but I have to come here just to know what's going on

Those videos don't work for me, either. They did some years ago, though

New Resident
    Same here. I can no longer watch videos to give me free gems or lessen the time to cook the food. Like you I'm an Android user.

Farm Supplier

FREE recipe/ gems

Quote Originally Posted by moimoina View Post
    Same here. I can no longer watch videos to give me free gems or lessen the time to cook the food. Like you I'm an Android user.
    On my Android it no longer gives me the "free gem" offer on the upper right side - this stopped after I reached a certain level, several years ago and I think it's normal.

However, it still "offers" the 2-hr recipe reduction on ALL recipes. But then... doesn't load the video. It hasn't loaded the ad since about 2019ish. Android user complained on this forum at that time but it's never been fixed.

Also frustrating about this is when I'm building recipes sometimes I accidently press the "watch" button and it tries to play the video. So I have to wait 10 to 12 seconds just for it to tell me it won't load. Annoying. It just steals my time. Sometimes I sign in on my Ipad just to get my 3, free, 2-hr recipes out of the way so I don't get that annoying option/12 second- delay while playing on my android. At least for 24 hrs. (It renews after 24 hrs).

So... yea...I sign into my accounts on my
    Ipad in order to use the free recipe option. HOWEVER... on my ipad it isn't offered on GOAL recipes, lol, where it always used to be on Android. Even side goal recipes , it's rarely offered. So I can only use it on non goal recipes which is useless for helping reach goal. (Helps with coin though). So again I'm using it while on the iPad only to prevent that 12 second game delay/false ad-load when on my Android cell. Clear as mud?

[Removed]

On a side note, there are other things that work differently on the iPad that make game-play much better. Like when I'm checking "my gifts" to see how many parts I've collected the iPad shows the most recently received gifts/parts/food, first on the menu. Android shows the most recently received parts, last... so I have to scroll through some 80 or 90 pages (and growing) to get to the end just to see my recently received parts. This sucks when I'm checking on basic parts to see which I need to collect... which I need to ask for from neighbors etc. I now make it a mission NEVER to leave excess new parts on my menu. I always build goal ovens (even after goal) and collect the parts just enough to build... JUST so that there are no excess parts in my menu and to reduce the scroll time.

Sending gifts is also way way way easier on the apple devices vs Android devices. It's one of several reasons why I no longer play with neighbors. (My various other accounts are my neighbors).
    Last edited by [S8] HungryGoblin; 07-07-22 at 12:04 PM. Reason: removed misinformation