Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Videos not working

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammysimsville View Post
    There was a "free gem..." thread where a moderator commented "Hopefully they will return sometime in the future.." or words to the effect. I cannot find it to link to, my question is, has S8 decided to turn them off?
    Here's a link to the RS thread on the s8 free gem videos: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...-gem-quot-icon

The long and short of it is that the Free Gem Videos are a promotional offer that come and go randomly. Some players have never received them, some have always had them and others see the offer only occasionally.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    Here's a link to the RS thread on the s8 free gem videos: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...-gem-quot-icon

The long and short of it is that the Free Gem Videos are a promotional offer that come and go randomly. Some players have never received them, some have always had them and others see the offer only occasionally.
    I was doing some reading and I "THINK" the ads were supplied through Unity. I read that most ads will not show in all areas unless they are setup to. In short, some ads are targeted and once you have seen them "x" amount of times they stop showing. This would go along with your statement "Some players have never received them, some have always had them and others see the offer only occasionally.". Example, I have the icon, but no ads come up. So I may be waiting on new ads to be added, which might or might not happen. However, not knowing for sure if they use Unity ads, this is all speculation. I did further testing (Beta tester in me lol) and older versions of RS do not show the icon for me, but my regular version does. Some may need to update?
    Last edited by Sammysimsville; 01-08-20 at 03:54 PM.
    Restaurant Story: Riverside Lodge
    Bakery Story: Millyways

Soooo 10 days no answers?

The promotional features vary based on time and are only available to a limited amount of users.
    Paul__ ~ Moderator

Need forum help or have a game question? Click to send a private message
    Having trouble with your game? Click to contact Storm8 Support

Quote Originally Posted by Paul__ View Post
    The promotional features vary based on time and are only available to a limited amount of users.
    The icon showing and not working is working as intended then?

The Honorable Panda
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammysimsville View Post
    The icon showing and not working is working as intended then?
    There is an issue with some the videos playing. If you know the name of the one you are having issues with, please post here.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Quote Originally Posted by kooky panda View Post
    There is an issue with some the videos playing. If you know the name of the one you are having issues with, please post here.
    I have the icon, but no matter how many times I tap, it always says video not working.

Why has this issue never been fixed on RS
    On BS it works perfectly

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by kooky panda View Post
    I've been trying to use "watch ad to speed up" the recipes in RS and it doesn't function, this is happening since last year. In BS I have no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by crzy4food View Post
    The videos to speed up cooking is not working. All I keep getting is, sorry, video failed to load, try again later. This is also happening on bakery story. I already sent a support ticket for bakery story and I don't want to have to send another one for restaurant story. I would like to know if this is happening to anyone else and I would really like to have this fixed. I'm on iOS
    The same is happening with me...have uninstalled a few times but nothing changes....