Thread: Finished in 24th place- why wasn't I demoted to a lower league?

Fashion Designer

Finished in 24th place- why wasn't I demoted to a lower league?

I purposely sat out of the last Bingo event because I want to go back to the Silver League. I scored zero points and finished in 24th (tied for last) place. I got this pop-up message today:

Why was I not demoted? According to this, I should have been:

(btw, there is a typo: 'Silver League League')
    Last edited by FireballFarm; 01-10-17 at 08:17 PM. Reason: added second pic

Fashion Designer
    Instead of not doing any, play a couple to put some points on the board, but not enough to place above the line. I had something similar where I was unable to play one week at all but was not demoted. It may have some way of "knowing" whether a person is active or not. This time I wanted to drop from gold league so I played a couple cards and left it. I finished in last with 800ish and was demoted. Side note the top three places in my group had between 16,000 and 26,000 points! I've never had more than 6,000. Gold league is just not feasible for me to compete. Hope this helps.

Fashion Designer
    I put ~500 points on the board for the current event, so we'll see what happens. Hopefully, I'll be back in the Silver League for the next round.

I'm thinking this might be a bug, though, because a week or two ago someone reported in the Bingo thread having the same issue and they had a couple hundred points. If it is intentionally set up so that no participation means no change in league that will be nice for the folks who go on vacation or whatever and cannot play for a little while. It would suck to lose your position/progress simply because you are unavailable for a few days.

Fashion Designer
    That is nice looking at it that way FireballFarm!
    No longer active on this forum. Wishing the players good luck on the events and tournaments.

Fashion Designer
    I agree. It would be stinky to not be able to play and have to be away from the game and get demoted after all the work it takes to level up. I like staying in the silver level myself!

Please let us know if your strategy works this time!

Fashion Designer
    I'm in Silver this time, so it worked! Thanks, Inztrekfan!

Unfortunately, my group seems to be very uninterested in this event so I am in 1st place with minimal effort and only 1970 points. I don't want to go back to gold.�� As of 15 min. ago I stopped doing tasks. Hopefully I can drop down to at least 6th place by the time the event ends. 8th place would be great because I like the variety of boosts- wish there were evo boosts available for the top third of Silver.

I play the game similarly, Fireball... The last 3-4 weeks, I have been using the strategy of aiming for a 5th-7th place finish. That way, I not only stay in Silver, but I get 5 tickets and the boosts that go along with it. But, I am switching it up this week. I am going to finish 2nd, it looks like anyways. Doing it this way not only gets me 15 tickets and more boosts, but it's also going to allow me to take a week off from bingo. So, I will get an easy week where I don't have to worry about bingo at all, then drop back to Silver and make another run. The way I look at it is I get 5 more tickets over a 2 week period dong it this way, and get close to the same boosts, plus a week off where I can concentrate on breeding and farming the way I want to do it, not the way bingo says I HAVE to do it, ya know?

Just my thoughts... Good luck!
    As of September 30th, 2017:

Level 198
    $1,067,000,000+ coins
    870,000+ food
    291 neighbors
    17,893 Gold (all earned, none bought!)
    561 unique dragons, to include:
    52 Champion dragons
    11 out of 13 Gold dragons
    8 Diamond dragons
    206/235 habitats filled

The Honorable Panda
    Hey guys are you still seeing this typo?
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by lnztrekfan View Post
    Instead of not doing any, play a couple to put some points on the board, but not enough to place above the line. I had something similar where I was unable to play one week at all but was not demoted. It may have some way of "knowing" whether a person is active or not. This time I wanted to drop from gold league so I played a couple cards and left it. I finished in last with 800ish and was demoted. Side note the top three places in my group had between 16,000 and 26,000 points! I've never had more than 6,000. Gold league is just not feasible for me to compete. Hope this helps.
    thx for the tip good to know this when i want to drop in silver league
    DS : Dragons de Pern (level 200) 826/882 dragons (168 still in storage)
    (sorry but i no longer accept or add neighbors for DS)
    FFS : Pern forest (level 200) 496/524 animals (120 still in storage)
    (stopping FFS on 2017/12/31, so don?t try to add me)
    FS2 : Campagne (level 73)

Banned
    When I want to return to the Silver League, I just ignore it completely and end with 0 points, finishing 25th and go back down.