Thread: Not participating in an event - let's tell Storm8 why

Not participating in an event - let's tell Storm8 why

Hello
    Another event came round where I realised that I cannot participate for a variety of reasons. This is not the first event of this nature and the issues for me are the same, so I thought... why not lets start a thread, where we can tell Storm8 that we are NOT participating in a specific event and why, and, better yet, how to make it better next time around.
    Ideally I would like this to be a constructive thread, in the hopes that someone out there will listen and improve things for the future.

I have no issues spending some gems on an event or putting time into an event. And also, for those of you who are on my friends list, although I am not participating in this event, I will still send whatever requests come my way

Ok, to kick off, my event issue is currently with the Fall Queen event, and is the same issue I have had with other recent events.
    There is too much DOING THE SAME THING over and over and over again.
    It's dull, it's boring, and takes up too much time.
    At the moment we are asked to upgrade yet another item that cannot be sold later, and asked to chop wood endlessly and collect from flowers endlessly....
    Would it not be better to do the following on ANY event...
    Day 1 - collect from flowers
    Day 2 - grow and collect from something (sheep, trees, whatever)
    Day 3 - collect from buildings
    Day 4 - something different to the other days, perhaps involving the use of the items harvested from steps 1-3..
    Day 5 - something different to the other days again...

At the moment I am not willing to sit and endlessly grow and chop trees only to have to do the same thing again later, knowing full well that the drop rate of the rare items is so low that I will have to buy something at some point in order to get the stag. And what do I get with the stag? A decoration that already drops something I can already get from other critters.

So, suggestion 2 - let's make the critters drop something odd, or something rare on occasion, or even, dare I say it, drop nothing but stand there and animate with no bouncing crate or arrow over the head.

I used to love this game, but recently I have found that there is too much time spend repeating the same thing to upgrade an item that will, ultimately, just be clutter.

So, suggestion 3 - if we do not complete a task and it is never to be repeated again, can we at least sell it and all the special woods, gummy worms and whatever else we have been harvesting, even if it is for one coin each, that way we can free up some space in inventory so we do not have to scroll through heaps of random items.

Rhino Keeper
    Also on dragon story and fantasy forest story they have a wheel that you spin 1ce a day to get coins or food or animals it would be coolnto do something like that on here to get a chance to win something that either helps with quests or some past item new players missed that they would love at least a chance to get or cabbages etc.

I'm also getting bored of repeatly doing so much work to not even get anything out of it. I play a lot and spend real money cause I do like this game but I'm losing to much to want to chance trying for some of the quests that don't give enough time. It would be cool to have things not be timed all the time cause I feel like I spend a lot of time playing and should be able to finish quests cause of that but still not finish and lose out in the long run if I happen to have given the materials already thinking I should be able to get the rest. Soooo bummed about that then players have to be extra careful and why offer a quest if its not realistacly attainable...its annoying to constantly have to check inventory for each item to make sure you do have the amount you need.

Troll tokens wish we could have more chances to win more when is the next event? Can they be more often?

Trading posts would be cool with other players to have us help each other out either all the time or doing timed quests so more of us could finish and those with too much inventory could trade to those lacking so they can lessen inventory and gain something they might need. That would be fun.

I like game barons tent would be cool to have a few more buildings with mini games to win items...OK I have more ideas but I'm sure they are similar to everyone else's I read the forums and most of these ideas I've seen others mention too but don't know if they will ever be...despite all bad stuff I still like game I still will play all the time wish I started earlier so I could have gotten all the cool stuff from past and hope I will be able to get some of the cool stuff in the future. But I'm with the poster I'm knot gonna try so hard on these events unless they have something really cool I want..thanks ☺

I love your idea of a trading post! That would help players like me who have a full inventory of some things and are asked to make more for a quest and need to get rid of some of them, and also it would help new players who do not have the items needed or the resources to make them!

New Resident
    I agree with Tamochan's points.
    Also I would like to add that recently I have noticed that although I normally login to the game two or three times a day, some of the optional timed quests require asking for others to donate some item; despite my regular logging into the game that the time stamp on some requests state that the request was made 2 or 3 days ago, does this indicate that the servers that are used are being overloaded when a quest starts up?
    Normally one has a one day window to collect sufficient number of items from others before either having to use one's gems to complete it or just give up on the quest, which is normally nearing completion.
    Using the forum can give an indication as to what items are going to be required so one can start to stock up on them, but this does not help when any item you already have is discounted from your tally when it comes to that part of the quest.

Executive Chef
    I am not participating for many reasons:

Too many rare drop items needed.

Lower level players are eligible but there is no way to finish without buying gems

Not buying gems until a purchase confirmation is added

Way too much chopping

Don't want to buy and raise tons of animals

The final rewards do not warrant the time and effort put in to these events.

The buildings seem big and virtually worthless.