Thread: Redundant items - why can we not get rid of them

Redundant items - why can we not get rid of them

I have heaps of redundant items in my inventory, like cups of coffee, gum worms and small amounts of items left over from a variety of quests. I have to skim past all of them to find thr things in my inventory that i actually am looking for.
    Would it be possible for the game developers to allow us to sell of these items if we chose to do so (even if it is for just one coin) to make life easier? Either that or remove them as and when each quest is spent.
    I play other games and at the end of an 'event' the items acquired above and beyond the requirements are either turned into in game food or coin automatically, which is much better.

However, if you are planning on repeating the events, maybe have a seperate place in the inventory in which they re stored?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamochan View Post
    I have heaps of redundant items in my inventory, like cups of coffee, gum worms and small amounts of items left over from a variety of quests. I have to skim past all of them to find thr things in my inventory that i actually am looking for.
    Would it be possible for the game developers to allow us to sell of these items if we chose to do so (even if it is for just one coin) to make life easier? Either that or remove them as and when each quest is spent.
    I play other games and at the end of an 'event' the items acquired above and beyond the requirements are either turned into in game food or coin automatically, which is much better.

However, if you are planning on repeating the events, maybe have a seperate place in the inventory in which they re stored?
    I am a collector and like having all these redundant items in my inventory. However it may be useful to have an archive button.

Rhino Keeper
    I totally agree when looking for something I often have 83 pages at current to look through, where at least 30% of the inventory I will never use again.

Executive Chef
    Count yourself lucky, I have over 170 pages and others have over 200 (hope to get there someday!).

But it would be good if we could search for things in our inventory, or if we could sort them.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamochan View Post

This one is easy to answer. The reason u cannot delete items are because of the work load admin would get from people that have accidentally have deleted items you cannot retrieve again, neither get further in story line without.

So it's easier for them to just not allow us to have it. I have played a long time and this does not bother me. What they could do, which would be nice, is to use the categories a little better. Maybe adding a special event category to sort those out.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgal View Post
    This one is easy to answer. The reason u cannot delete items are because of the work load admin would get from people that have accidentally have deleted items you cannot retrieve again, neither get further in story line without.

So it's easier for them to just not allow us to have it. I have played a long time and this does not bother me. What they could do, which would be nice, is to use the categories a little better. Maybe adding a special event category to sort those out.
    Considering I have items from quests I undertook 2 years ago, that will NEVER be repeated, I think being able to delete unwanted items is absolutely something we should have.

Rhino Keeper
    I admit I am one of those weired hoarders who always make an extra item to keep. <.< (for whatever reason!)

Rhino Keeper
    I like the archive button idea. I was thinking that you could get points and after 500 points you get a gem.

Either that or let us sell what we don't want, statues, old quest stuff....and doing this would free up servers room