Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 1/5 - Rooted Mine | new gem item in market

The promise of a 100 gem 'reward' raised a huge red flag for me. And as someone who has been burned before....(ivy's bakery, the cabbage hut)....I'm grateful I don't have enough gems to have accidentally bought it. (I am happy with the bakery and cabbage hut after the fact, but still not happy with the feeling of being tricked.)

Sadly (or maybe not!) it's getting easier and easier to just say no in this game. Gem item after gem item are offered. Timed events after timed event. Events that almost require gems for those who are only casual players. People begging for a return to the storyline. Or for the return of things like the love shack and ivy's cauldron. And what does s8 do instead? Limits the amount of royal deco and animals we can have!!! And offers expensive gem items disguised as updates.

I can't speak for everyone, but I would have seriously considered paying 400 gems for the love shack....(yes, I KNOW alicorn parts are extremely rare, but I'd just like a having different adventure to send the Knights out on, and the chance to maybe someday craft an alicorn.)

As a consumer, I offer this bit of advice to the developers.......if you give people what they want, they will willingly purchase it.....then you won't have to trick people into spending money on your games. (I can't help but think that the golden mine has been a good example of that...no trickery or faux updates necessary!)
    The deco and animal limits are another perfect example.....you have people willing to use real money to buy dozens of these things, and you cut off those customers by not allowing them to continue purchasing more of them. Then you turn around and offer something expensive that many, if not most, long term players neither want nor need. It seems to me you'd make more money by removing the recently imposed limits and selling things like this tree for far less gems. Eliminating those limits and lowering gem amounts could very likely increase revenue! (More people buying means more revenue!)

Add me to the list of players opting out of this one and other "updates" like it. My hope is that by telling S8 how we feel, both positive AND negative, it might influence the future of the game.

To those who get this tree, I truly hope it gives great drops! Good luck and happy playing!
    Last edited by PrincessCupOButter; 01-05-17 at 09:58 PM.
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society ⚔ Sword #12

#return2storyline #bringbacktherealcastlestory #resistforcedgemspending

Rhino Keeper
    Ridiculous again ? My goodbye is only limited by my hope yall at S8 LISTEN for once please?

Rhino Keeper
    It looks really nice and would have made a nice addition to my queendom, but a bit expensive for my liking, especially this close to Xmas just finishing when most people are feeling the pinch.

Since the GA fiasco I have learnt to be patient before spending my gems (which i don't buy anymore) and noticed straight away that it was 300 after discount and thankfully I didn't take the bait.
    -------------------------------------------------Signature ----------------------------------------------------------

WILL NEVER BUY GEMS UNTIL THE PURPLE ALICORN GETS THE 40 ENERGY BACK THAT WAS ADVERTISED

I agree wholeheartedly!
    S8 seems to be doing everything in their power to chase long time players away.
    If they don't change their ways I just don't see this game lasting much longer.
    As a long time player who loved my game ( the only game I have ever kept more than a month )
    I find the whole situation very disheartening!
    Last edited by lilkingdome; 01-05-17 at 07:39 PM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by melissameeks View Post
    Are you really going to make everyone, buy 400 gems?
    My wife and I, forget it.
    I'm with you guys. No way am I spending 300 gems on this. 100 gems, I would, or even 150....but not 300.

Rhino Keeper
    Omg People, Calm Down.
    It's just another item for gems in the market. You DONT have to buy it.
    I remember people cried about expensive cabbage hut in the beginning
    But later wished to buy the second one if they could
    Same thing with beastbane, lots of people regretted not buying it with discount.
    And enough said about love shack, I don't have it and I'm ok with it
    It's extremely rare luck to receive the alicorn parts from adventures. It doesn't just give you a free alicorn!
    I might consider buying the new Tree because i need enchanted essence to craft enchanted beams/blocks to craft the spellbound materials.
    I don't see a tragedy here at all. S8 offers stuff for gems or for real money in the bundle- and those who want- will get it.

Executive Chef
    It's the way it's presented. As a goal. The only thing that saved me from a surprise purchase was the fact that I did not have any room in my kingdom to place it and I had a chance to look closer and saw that it was a gem purchase. I was able to X out only because it didn't have a place to set down. But that being said, the tree may prove to be very useful further on down the road. But I want to make a deliberate decision in my gem spending.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyFencer View Post
    400 gems? HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahem. Right. Got it under control now. This just gets better and better! (I really did laugh when I saw that.)
    Yep, I gasped and then laughed. Then I thought, oh I *must* see what the forum folks are saying about this because it ain't going to be pretty!

Sure enough! I'm not mad or even slightly peeved. Just amused and moving on to my other games for a bit. Enjoy the weekend, everyone!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by riverly View Post
    It's the way it's presented. As a goal. The only thing that saved me from a surprise purchase was the fact that I did not have any room in my kingdom to place it and I had a chance to look closer and saw that it was a gem purchase. I was able to X out only because it didn't have a place to set down. But that being said, the tree may prove to be very useful further on down the road. But I want to make a deliberate decision in my gem spending.
    I agree with you. Unfortunately I am both embarrassed & angry at myself as the "dialogue " popped up when I was half asleep this morning & I bought it without realizing it was a gem purchase.
    Now out of gems & have an item I didn't want,as none of the drops are items I am short of.
    But,like I said my own fault,should know by now to check more carefully .

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by dragoniakingdom View Post
    I agree with you. Unfortunately I am both embarrassed & angry at myself as the "dialogue " popped up when I was half asleep this morning & I bought it without realizing it was a gem purchase.
    Now out of gems & have an item I didn't want,as none of the drops are items I am short of.
    But,like I said my own fault,should know by now to check more carefully .
    that happened to me with Ivy's bakery. It's probably happened to many others. It was just pure luck that I couldn't get it after I clicked on it. Hopefully in the long run it works out to be a good investment for players.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast