Thread: Castle Story: 1/5 - Rooted Mine | new gem item in market

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The promise of a 100 gem 'reward' raised a huge red flag for me. And as someone who has been burned before....(ivy's bakery, the cabbage hut)....I'm grateful I don't have enough gems to have accidentally bought it. (I am happy with the bakery and cabbage hut after the fact, but still not happy with the feeling of being tricked.)

Sadly (or maybe not!) it's getting easier and easier to just say no in this game. Gem item after gem item are offered. Timed events after timed event. Events that almost require gems for those who are only casual players. People begging for a return to the storyline. Or for the return of things like the love shack and ivy's cauldron. And what does s8 do instead? Limits the amount of royal deco and animals we can have!!! And offers expensive gem items disguised as updates.

I can't speak for everyone, but I would have seriously considered paying 400 gems for the love shack....(yes, I KNOW alicorn parts are extremely rare, but I'd just like a having different adventure to send the Knights out on, and the chance to maybe someday craft an alicorn.)

As a consumer, I offer this bit of advice to the developers.......if you give people what they want, they will willingly purchase it.....then you won't have to trick people into spending money on your games. (I can't help but think that the golden mine has been a good example of that...no trickery or faux updates necessary!)
    The deco and animal limits are another perfect example.....you have people willing to use real money to buy dozens of these things, and you cut off those customers by not allowing them to continue purchasing more of them. Then you turn around and offer something expensive that many, if not most, long term players neither want nor need. It seems to me you'd make more money by removing the recently imposed limits and selling things like this tree for far less gems. Eliminating those limits and lowering gem amounts could very likely increase revenue! (More people buying means more revenue!)

Add me to the list of players opting out of this one and other "updates" like it. My hope is that by telling S8 how we feel, both positive AND negative, it might influence the future of the game.

To those who get this tree, I truly hope it gives great drops! Good luck and happy playing!
    Last edited by PrincessCupOButter; 01-05-17 at 09:58 PM.
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society ⚔ Sword #12

#return2storyline #bringbacktherealcastlestory #resistforcedgemspending