Thread: How to Win the Leaderboard Event?

How to Win the Leaderboard Event?

Okay, well when I say how to win, second place is fine :P as long as I can get the giving dragon XD. I'm new to these forums (but not the game, level 107) so I'm terribly sorry if I do something wrong or post this in the wrong place. I wish to seek advice for more or less 'securing a win' in the event. So now for some information so you can make suggestions :P :

-I'll be sleeping when the event ends but my main competitors won't be; this means they could scrape enough leaderboard points before the event ends (MAIN WORRY)
    -I'm currently first place in the event and leading by 416 points (I'm on 2,197 points at the time this was posted)
    -I'm the only person in the event (that I know of) with a gpd
    -I don't wish to use much gold (100 gold MAXIMUM) and I do not buy gold
    -I have two nests (recently bought second to get more leaderboard points XD)
    -I check about five times a day if I'm lucky
    -I have about 70,000 food
    -No one competing in the event (that I'm in) is a 'serious' DS player (well, no one that I know of :P)

So does anyone have any tips for getting as many points as possible? What dragons should I breed to get me the best chance of hatching rare or super rare dragons? I've heard of the method where you breed two dino dragons (can't give reference because of forum rules) but has anyone tried it and does it work? Should I hoard my food until the end of the event (I'll still be using some to evolve dragons)? Please suggest something, it would be greatly appreciated XD.

Thanks in advance if you reply!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by rose114750 View Post
    Okay, well when I say how to win, second place is fine :P as long as I can get the giving dragon XD. I'm new to these forums (but not the game, level 107) so I'm terribly sorry if I do something wrong or post this in the wrong place. I wish to seek advice for more or less 'securing a win' in the event. So now for some information so you can make suggestions :P :

-I'll be sleeping when the event ends but my main competitors won't be; this means they could scrape enough leaderboard points before the event ends (MAIN WORRY)
    -I'm currently first place in the event and leading by 416 points (I'm on 2,197 points at the time this was posted)
    -I'm the only person in the event (that I know of) with a gpd
    -I don't wish to use much gold (100 gold MAXIMUM) and I do not buy gold
    -I have two nests (recently bought second to get more leaderboard points XD)
    -I check about five times a day if I'm lucky
    -I have about 70,000 food
    -No one competing in the event (that I'm in) is a 'serious' DS player (well, no one that I know of :P)

So does anyone have any tips for getting as many points as possible? What dragons should I breed to get me the best chance of hatching rare or super rare dragons? I've heard of the method where you breed two dino dragons (can't give reference because of forum rules) but has anyone tried it and does it work? Should I hoard my food until the end of the event (I'll still be using some to evolve dragons)? Please suggest something, it would be greatly appreciated XD.

Thanks in advance if you reply!
    The problem with this leaderboards (also bingo leaderboards) is that publishing your strategy on the forum will make your competitors harder!
    So best thing to win is don't publish your number of food, bombs & dinamites and gold! Defenitly not tell you're not online the last hour!
    The last minutes are the only interesting in this leaderboard events!
    Try to have everything ready the last half hour (nests, temples, dens, last spin). Think not about small things, but about diamondhybrides or the Dark ready that moment!
    Using a boost that moment gives a better effect ofcourse.

I check how many food I need to reach last milestone or the grand prizedragon after all other things above. If I think it's a good deal, I feed my dragons with that amount last 5 minutes.
    I can't do and don't want to do it every leaderboard, but if I really really really want the dragon I can feed up with a 7-digit number of apples to make a crazy jump from far behind that last minutes... 😉

Hello Rose. Firstly good luck with the event however I really do not think there is an easy answer. It all depends on how much your competition wants to win. The biggest issue you face, in my opinion, is the fact that the events end when you are asleep. I am in the same position. I live in Aust so the events end at about 3am. This means I go to bed in a strong position however usually do not win as other players who really want to win then can easily overtake. So I am sorry but there is no easy answer other than if you really want to win, stay up until the last minutes and then make sure you do your utmost to win. For what it is worth, I do not bother with even trying to win - if I do great, if not, it is only a pixel character not worth my hard earned money (or sleep for that matter) - I just play for the milestones which are usually very good. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackiesq View Post
    The problem with this leaderboards (also bingo leaderboards) is that publishing your strategy on the forum will make your competitors harder!
    So best thing to win is don't publish your number of food, bombs & dinamites and gold! Defenitly not tell you're not online the last hour!
    The last minutes are the only interesting in this leaderboard events!
    Try to have everything ready the last half hour (nests, temples, dens, last spin). Think not about small things, but about diamondhybrides or the Dark ready that moment!
    Using a boost that moment gives a better effect ofcourse.

I check how many food I need to reach last milestone or the grand prizedragon after all other things above. If I think it's a good deal, I feed my dragons with that amount last 5 minutes.
    I can't do and don't want to do it every leaderboard, but if I really really really want the dragon I can feed up with a 7-digit number of apples to make a crazy jump from far behind that last minutes... ��
    Thanks for the advice XD. Hehehe, I published my strategy, bad idea... I won't reveal more in the future then XD. I think it's a good idea to wait until the last five minutes XD. Thanks so much for the advice though and good luck with your competition as well!
    Last edited by rose114750; 12-28-16 at 07:32 PM. Reason: Yeah, in this post I revealed more information XD XD XD. Still getting used to this XD.

Quote Originally Posted by chewingthecud View Post
    Hello Rose. Firstly good luck with the event however I really do not think there is an easy answer. It all depends on how much your competition wants to win. The biggest issue you face, in my opinion, is the fact that the events end when you are asleep. I am in the same position. I live in Aust so the events end at about 3am. This means I go to bed in a strong position however usually do not win as other players who really want to win then can easily overtake. So I am sorry but there is no easy answer other than if you really want to win, stay up until the last minutes and then make sure you do your utmost to win. For what it is worth, I do not bother with even trying to win - if I do great, if not, it is only a pixel character not worth my hard earned money (or sleep for that matter) - I just play for the milestones which are usually very good. Good luck!
    You're right, they are just (adorable) pixels. Hehehe, I think the reason why I want it so much is because I already have a baby giftwrap dragon and they'd look so cute together XD. I don't really think many players in my competition want to win that badly since I haven't been overtaken yet. However, I'm pretty sure they're just waiting until the last minute XD. With my money though, I only spend my gold on gpds once they're on sale for 400 gold so I think that if I never spend my gold, it's a bit worthless XD. But I totally agree with you that it may not be worth heaps of gold to obtain the giving dragon XD. I respect your view on life though (that games shouldn't disrupt your sleep) and I wish I could think like that but nooooooooo, my brain just doesn't XD XD XD. Thanks for your advice and for reading my post. Good luck to you too