Okay, well when I say how to win, second place is fine :P as long as I can get the giving dragon XD. I'm new to these forums (but not the game, level 107) so I'm terribly sorry if I do something wrong or post this in the wrong place. I wish to seek advice for more or less 'securing a win' in the event. So now for some information so you can make suggestions :P :

-I'll be sleeping when the event ends but my main competitors won't be; this means they could scrape enough leaderboard points before the event ends (MAIN WORRY)
-I'm currently first place in the event and leading by 416 points (I'm on 2,197 points at the time this was posted)
-I'm the only person in the event (that I know of) with a gpd
-I don't wish to use much gold (100 gold MAXIMUM) and I do not buy gold
-I have two nests (recently bought second to get more leaderboard points XD)
-I check about five times a day if I'm lucky
-I have about 70,000 food
-No one competing in the event (that I'm in) is a 'serious' DS player (well, no one that I know of :P)

So does anyone have any tips for getting as many points as possible? What dragons should I breed to get me the best chance of hatching rare or super rare dragons? I've heard of the method where you breed two dino dragons (can't give reference because of forum rules) but has anyone tried it and does it work? Should I hoard my food until the end of the event (I'll still be using some to evolve dragons)? Please suggest something, it would be greatly appreciated XD.

Thanks in advance if you reply!