Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Great Gifts Leaderboard December 22 2016

Fashion Designer
    Lol yes I believe that.
    No longer active on this forum. Wishing the players good luck on the events and tournaments.

Fashion Designer
    Greeeeeaaaaaaat....I just realize that this is the leaderboard with the most amount of points needed for the last milestone (the previous ones are less than 9000 points.) But I believe this one have extra days if I'm correct.

Uh...yea...the first leaderboard I decided to go for the last milestone ended up being the most points in all leaderboard history.

With the 1.5 boost activated, a lil less than 300k of apples used got me about 1000 points (including hatching two 12 hours dragon and finish evolving a 3 hour life). Huh...that amount of apples is pretty close to the amount of apples needed to complete a Dragon Tale. Wow...this is obviously harder than DT.

You would need more than 2 nests, 1 den, and 2 temples to reach the milestone without gold, b/c even with those I am struggling. I tend to usually get a lil over 5k points at the end of the leaderboard with 1 den, 2 nests, 2 temples, and being on Android. That gets me only the 1st dragon and barely the last chest.

This event is really for the riches or people who have more than 2 nests, 1 den, and 2 temples.

Fashion Designer
    Yes. It definitely requires either gold, copious amounts of food, or being very lucky every single time you spin the wheel. Just the buildings are not enough to get you even half way there. Oh lucky breeding would also help, as would having had a diamond ready to finish in all your buildings right at the start. It would be a little fairer if they only counted hours from the actual start of the event.

Fashion Designer
    Exactly! Luckily ive been able to stay in 1st since the beginning with a solid 500 points, but im still 2k away from a dragon! I like the habitats, but i would prefer the beautiful Tree Topper and Snow Globe Theyre all so cute, i really hope i can pull thru and get them!
    accepting all neighbors

Farm Supplier
    I'm nearly there.
    One den, nest & temple. I use boost- 7 gold once a day. It gives me around 700 pts average per day.12 days *700= 8400 pts + wheel bonus worked for me this time.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nearly There.PNG 
Views:	51 
Size:	755.5 KB 
ID:	35204
    ReVox Philosophy of Excellence

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by olgatt View Post
    I'm nearly there.
    One den, nest & temple. I use boost- 7 gold once a day. It gives me around 700 pts average per day.12 days *700= 8400 pts + wheel bonus worked for me this time.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nearly There.PNG 
Views:	51 
Size:	755.5 KB 
ID:	35204
    Wow, you doing really good!

Must be really lucky with your spins.

Lol, with my 2 temple, 2 nests, and a den, I'm just barely reaching 7k. But then again I didn't boost everyday, only 4 times atm (3 x 1.5 boost and 1 x 2 boost = about 50 golds atm) Didn't speed or anything. Just feed and used up about 400k apples.

Not really experienced with leaderboard, so maybe that's my problem. Not boosting everyday. :-/

On the other hand, my fellow players with 1 den, 1 nest, and 1 temple, did possibly more than 4 times x 2 boosts (so about 120 golds) and reaching barely 6k points atm. Hmm...

Farm Supplier
    It says few days in advance that there will be a new Leaderboard event...So...I put Air & light together in the den aiming for "Sunrise Dragon / White/Yellow/" 24h.
    It is common so you now, I've got it 7-8 times in a row this event. Then on the Arctic Isles I do aim for Blizzard, it gives you extra points for rare, super rare.Then I calibrate the timing to finish evolving, hatching & breeding at the same time.
    And I manage to get 3*72/216/ +2*44/88/+2*12/24/+12=340*1.5 boost=510 total. Then I do up to 4-5 wheel spins along with hatching Blizzards /44pts every 4h/. Wheel gives me 30 to 70 pts , and fortunately it gave me only about 8 times path stones/decor, which is lucky. At the end of the day I've got at least 700pts. Forgot to mention that I started this event with Virtue ready in the nest and Evo, Dоuble boost and about 200k apples, so for starter I got 800p/spent just the half apples/. I don't participate in dragon tales so really don't bother about the missions there. From the Bingo time to time I got speed ups. This is useful if you want to readjust your timing. Usually for me as well 5000 to 6K pts is top in previous LDB events.
    Good luck and Happy new 2017.
    Last edited by olgatt; 01-01-17 at 07:14 AM. Reason: correct some mistakes...
    ReVox Philosophy of Excellence

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by olgatt View Post
    It says few days in advance that there will be a new Leaderboard event...So...I put Air & light together in the den aiming for "Sunrise Dragon / White/Yellow/" 24h.
    It is common so you now, I've got it 7-8 times in a row this event. Then on the Arctic Isles I do aim for Blizzard, it gives you extra points for rare, super rare.Then I calibrate the timing to finish evolving, hatching & breeding at the same time.
    And I manage to get 3*72/216/ +2*44/88/+2*12/24/+12=340*1.5 boost=510 total. Then I do up to 4-5 wheel spins along with hatching Blizzards /44pts every 4h/. Wheel gives me 30 to 70 pts , and fortunately it gave me only about 8 times path stones/decor, which is lucky. At the end of the day I've got at least 700pts. Forgot to mention that I started this event with Virtue ready in the nest and Evo, Diuble boost and about 200k apples, so for starter I got 800p/spent just the half apples/. I don't participate in dragon tales so really don't bother about the missions there. From the Bingo time to time I got speed ups. This is useful if you want to readjust your timing. Usually for me as well 5000 to 6K pts is top in previous LDB events.
    Good luck and Happy new 2017.
    I see now...lol, once again the difference play field of Android and iOS. No Arctic isle for Android.

But anyways, good job to you being able to calculate things to finish breeding , hatching, and evolving at the same time. It helps maximizes the time usage. I did thought about wanting to do that, but I wanted to continue trying to breed a diamond instead of wasting the boost breed weekend on a common. But still a good strategy and I appreciate you sharing. :]

Also, unlike most people I didn't boost at the beginning to get a head start, just so I could earn a few extra points in the spin to win. Didn't really do me any good though since its base on luck. :-/

And I kinda wasted time waiting for things to finish before boosting (wanted to get the most out of a single boost). And see how far I could go with little to no boost, but apparently not very far...>_>

Rhino Keeper
    I have 2 nests and 1 den and have about 5200 points. I have spent 7 gold (couldn't resist since my Dark One was ready) and used about 250k food. I am not interested in winning; I play for the milestones I like. In this case, I really wanted the two habitats. I'm still breeding and hatching as usual, but don't plan to spend anything extra, since I got what I wanted. To me, that's the best way to approach these events.

Executive Chef
    Just got Snow Globe! Now just ahead for tree topper) 2 days may might enough for me!!! Sadly my food runs out today;(
    DS:122 Neighbors required!! ADD BAKERYSTOE as well)

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast