Thread: Waste of gems

Angry Waste of gems

I'm tired of wasting gems over this game I have spent well over $500.00 on gems this holiday which is a shame you hit a box and really never get what you want. To make is worst if you try to sale it back you only get coins no gems if you spend cash on gems you should get gems back what's up with that S8 at least give us half our gems back. then if you do hit a box at least give us the choice of what we want. I got 15 snowy roses, 15 snowy cakes, 10 dogs, 16 brides ,13 grooms & 3 arches. Still no snowy carriage so frustrated and that's only 1 surprise box I don't want to start on other boxes. They should let us sale the stuff back and get gems not coins. Does anyone else feel like me?
    Last edited by misspank; 12-20-16 at 11:51 AM.

I understand that you're upset but I have to say that this isn't S8's fault. There's a Master Box List right here on this forum for this exact reason. They tell you exactly what the odds of getting the first prize is, which is 1% - just in case you weren't aware. That means that your chance of getting a 1st tier prize is one out of one-hundred boxes. Every time you open a box, it's the same chance. The chance of getting the grand prize doesn't increase with the amount of boxes you open.

If you aren't going to be happy with most of the prizes in a crate, it's probably not a good idea to open any crates at all. Only buy crates if you're okay with not getting exactly what you want, and would actually enjoy most of what you'll get.

S8 is a business and their goal is profit. They're not going to let us sell back items for gems because then we could simply sell off old items that we never use instead of buying more gems. I can't blame them for that logic.

Again, I'm sorry that you didn't get what you wanted, but S8 really isn't to blame in this case. I hope that you'll be able to enjoy the items that you did get, because in my opinion they're all rather pretty and cute. You didn't waste gems - you bought an item that is a gamble, knowing that it's a gamble, while understanding the risks of said gamble. Perhaps you feel that your risk was unnecessary and turned out poorly, but it wasn't anyone's fault. Crates are a game of chance, and one should never ever open crates in an attempt to get the 1st tier prize unless they're willing to be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLadyRachel View Post
    I understand that you're upset but I have to say that this isn't S8's fault. There's a Master Box List right here on this forum for this exact reason. They tell you exactly what the odds of getting the first prize is, which is 1% - just in case you weren't aware. That means that your chance of getting a 1st tier prize is one out of one-hundred boxes. Every time you open a box, it's the same chance. The chance of getting the grand prize doesn't increase with the amount of boxes you open.

If you aren't going to be happy with most of the prizes in a crate, it's probably not a good idea to open any crates at all. Only buy crates if you're okay with not getting exactly what you want, and would actually enjoy most of what you'll get.

S8 is a business and their goal is profit. They're not going to let us sell back items for gems because then we could simply sell off old items that we never use instead of buying more gems. I can't blame them for that logic.

Again, I'm sorry that you didn't get what you wanted, but S8 really isn't to blame in this case. I hope that you'll be able to enjoy the items that you did get, because in my opinion they're all rather pretty and cute. You didn't waste gems - you bought an item that is a gamble, knowing that it's a gamble, while understanding the risks of said gamble. Perhaps you feel that your risk was unnecessary and turned out poorly, but it wasn't anyone's fault. Crates are a game of chance, and one should never ever open crates in an attempt to get the 1st tier prize unless they're willing to be disappointed.
    @theladyrachel. I didn't blame S8 for me taking a chance on the crates that's my decision to go in the boxes. I feel they should give you the chance to sale what you don't want for gems instead of coins. I know that I chose to go in the boxes that's why I keep going in them but they are not losing money by giving you your gems back instead of coins either way you already paid for them. I just feel they should give you gems instead of coins thats my problem. At least if they give you gems back you can spend them on other things. I always check to see what's in the boxes before I purchase. I dont have a problem with the different Prizes but the same item over and over. We should be able to use the gems for other items they still get the money. When you sale an item they give you coins we didn't use coins to buy it so why give us coins back that's my point.
    Last edited by misspank; 12-20-16 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by misspank View Post
    @theladyrachel. I didn't blame S8 for me taking a chance on the crates that's my decision to go in the boxes. I feel they should give you the chance to sale what you don't want for gems instead of coins. I know that I chose to go in the boxes that's why I keep going in them but they are not losing money by giving you your gems back instead of coins either way you already paid for them. I just feel they should give you gems instead of coins thats my problem. At least if they give you gems back you can spend them on other things. I always check to see what's in the boxes before I purchase. I dont have a problem with the different Prizes but the same item over and over. We should be able to use the gems for other items they still get the money. When you sale an item they give you coins we didn't use coins to buy it so why give us coins back that's my point.
    Sure, it could've been nice if we were able to get gems by selling gem items, but I completely understand why that wouldn't work - financially. When you buy a crate, even if you didn't get something you like, you still got something. You decided to buy a crate and I trust that you knew that there's a risk to it. You still got an item that you decided was worth the gems, by the very act of purchasing the crate. You still got your money's worth.

Keep in mind that If they allowed us to sell gem items for gems, there would still be people who never bought gems who could continue to never buy gems. They can't apply that system to crate stuff only. Think about it from a financial perspective. I'm not saying that it's the nicest business model ever, but I can't fault them for it.

As you know, in BS there are occasional sales like this Christmas sale and the Black Friday sales where they give us access to a bunch of special items. If you'd rather be absolutely sure that you'll love what you buy with your gems, go for items outside of boxes. That's S8's way of giving you the opportunity to pick a great item, out of boxes, that's also special in a way. Limited edition items and these sales are the answer to those who aren't okay with the chance rate in boxes, who aren't okay with getting the same item over and over, etc.

I really do understand your frustration. I simply disagree.