I was just in BS and RS and BS2 and I was thinking of how much all the holiday food reminded me of my childhood years. I'm currently 55 yrs. of age. My heritage is German. I remember when I was child my father's mother in her large kitchen cooking. Now my grandmother had 14 children omg! A lot compared to the current times. With such a large family she had to be frugal and learn new ways of doing things. But she cooked on an old cast iron stove! With wood! We would fill her wood box up every day. We helped unload the wood then take it to the mud room then again to her wood box in the kitchen. Her stove had 6 burners and a grill also. And of course an oven. I don't know how she did it but the food was always just right. Never scorched or burned lol. Many years of experience I guess. She cooked slot from one meal to the next. Every holiday we had all the fixings like oyster stuffing. She also canned fruit veggies meat. Had a creepy basement to store stuff like canned goods potatoes and such. She also had her own garden out back with a kind of sun room for flowers and spices. Made all her quilts and such on an old pedal sewing machine. All the while singing and humming with contentment. She also made her own lye soap. She would sit in her rocking chair on the front porch and carve her soap. And crocuses in the front yard so we always knew when spring was coming. Lots of good memories with grammar. She passed away some years ago but still I see her and hear her voice from my childhood. Just wondering if anyone else had fond memories maybe someone older than me and younger to.😉