Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Updated Type Chart for Battles

Fashion Designer
    How should we report results?
    No longer active on this forum. Wishing the players good luck on the events and tournaments.

The Honorable Panda
    I think the best way is to try and follow the information that splashy is posting . It others are seeing the same combos post here on the thread.
    If the new information seems to be working for most players then I can add the new information to the chart.

Remember the chart is not always going to be perfect since it is not maintained by Storm 8.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Quote Originally Posted by Splashy81 View Post
    Dark (corrupt) types

-----------------------------------

The Dark (corrupt) type isn't listed on the original type chart. It's my personal opinion that they behave more like champs than anything else. I have noticed a difference in the data I keep regarding battles with champs vs. battles with dark types.
    -I notice in battles with champs that my diamond types win more so over anything else.
    -I notice in battles with dark types that I have a mix of winners including: diamond types/white types/champ types (Rainbow Sentinel & Glasswing, to be more specific).

--
    --
    --
    --
    --
    --
    \/

Based on info I talked about in post #3, I propose the following UPDATED chart:

Enemy Type
    Use
    Avoid using
    Dark (corrupt) Corrupt dragons use black "smoke" magic; consider dragons that are strong against black types: green, white, cosmic, rainbow, royal, champion, Egypt
    **Users have reported success with champs & white types
    Corrupt dragons use black "smoke" magic; consider avoiding dragons that are weak against black types: yellow, pink, fairytale, gemstone
    In regards to fighting dark dragons in tournaments. I have been using lvl 15 air from the very beginning based on the colour, .since black dragons are weak against yellow. It has been working every single time. I have not used anythung else since it works for me. However, the last corrupt opponent in any tournament has always been difficult to beat but NOT as difficult as the last champions so I might beat it second time round with diamond. But air has been great so that's what works for me at least

Quote Originally Posted by Splashy81 View Post
    I would like to start a discussion about updating the type chart for dragon battles due to the addition of several new types to the Dragon Story lineup: Bomb/Dynamite/Food/Map/Dark (corrupt). I would also like to discuss the type chart in regards to the following types [as I feel their current info in the type chart is either inaccurate (Arctic Isle) or doesn't reflect the reported experiences of many users]: Champion/Valentine/Olympus/Arctic Isle dragon types.

I've broken these down into a few different groups and will add info to each separate post:
    -Champion
    -Dark (corrupt)
    -Bomb/Dynamite/Map/Food
    -Olympus/Valentine
    -Arctic Isle

Ultimately--- it would be ideal if we could get official, Storm8 info for updating the chart, but in the event that doesn't happen (or isn't possible?), I am hoping to come up with an updated chart for the dragon types listed above that includes input/experiences/thoughts from other players.

The following post has influenced much of my thinking regarding what I propose for updating the chart (if we don't get any new info from Storm8): Magic in the Arena [the difference between using bash or magic against an opponent in battle]. In a nutshell, I do think there's a difference between using bash or magic. Since reading that thread, I now pay much closer attention to the attacks opponents use against my dragons. The info I propose for updating the chart is based on the magic attack used by a particular type of opponent dragon. For example, Blizzard (Arctic Isle) dragons use yellow/tornadoes magic. My line of thinking is to treat Blizzard types as though they are yellow types in terms of strengths/weaknesses against them.

Is there anything I'm missing? Are there other factors to be considered? Perhaps looking at what the dragon is neutral to, according to the original chart? Anything else?
    I have trouble finding info on eye and lightning symbols. They are not shown on the symbols chart with the colors they are. Difficult to battle if don't know what colors they represent. Thanks!

Banned
    My internet connection is good, always have been. No other apps "crash" like S8 games...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaillock View Post
    I have trouble finding info on eye and lightning symbols. They are not shown on the symbols chart with the colors they are. Difficult to battle if don't know what colors they represent. Thanks!
    The "eye symbol" dragons are Dark Dragons (i.e. Corrupt Vinecrawler and Corrupt Skull, etc) and the "lightning symbol" dragons are Olympus Dragons (i.e. Aphrodite, Olympus, Hades, Fates).
    Dark Dragons use "black smoke" magic and should be treated in battle like black type dragons.
    Olympus Dragons use "swords" magic and should be treated in battle as pink type dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by starship412 View Post
    The "eye symbol" dragons are Dark Dragons (i.e. Corrupt Vinecrawler and Corrupt Skull, etc) and the "lightning symbol" dragons are Olympus Dragons (i.e. Aphrodite, Olympus, Hades, Fates).
    Dark Dragons use "black smoke" magic and should be treated in battle like black type dragons.
    Olympus Dragons use "swords" magic and should be treated in battle as pink type dragons.
    Thanks so much! I have been having a hard time battling a champion in the current tournament. I tried diamond, metal, ice giant. Not a lot of info on chart except what to stay away from. It will be great to have that updated. I don't have any of the other dragons listed to try. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Executive Chef
    I've had a reasonable amount of luck using my level 15 Rainbow Sentinel and Glasswing against any Dark/Corrupt dragons.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaillock View Post
    Thanks so much! I have been having a hard time battling a champion in the current tournament. I tried diamond, metal, ice giant. Not a lot of info on chart except what to stay away from. It will be great to have that updated. I don't have any of the other dragons listed to try. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Sorry this was meant to respond to the Olympus type definition, Not quite correct as they fall usuall to diamond hybrids and often gemstones. That weakness should be added as well as the pink magic.

Gail lock champs have always been best beaten by diamonds and that's already clear in the charts, it would be difficult to add in other suggestions as it varies from champ to champ.

Diamonds: Helios, Angel (11), Crusader, Quetzel, Prime Eternal, Achilles, Prism, Gold, Mercury - all level 10. Glimmer (9), Astromancer (7), Blk Diamond (7), Crown Jewel (9), and Unicorn (13)
    Diamond, Infinity, and Valiant at level 15

4 Prime Dragons, Eternal (10), Chroma (10), Arcane (10), Power (8), Dark Prime Chrono (10)
    Champions: total of 22 all at 9 or Epic, Glasswing at 13, three at fifteen
    All 18 Arctics epic

No longer accepting DragonStory Neighbors, sorry

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by roguebee View Post
    I've had a reasonable amount of luck using my level 15 Rainbow Sentinel and Glasswing against any Dark/Corrupt dragons.
    I've been having great success with level 14 Curio, my highest level dragon. So much success, he's been moved out of his home in the stable for easier access. From what I have seen, level matters more than type when battling the pure Corrupt/Dark dragons. Ones that are not pure, like Corrupt Artifact, have different weaknesses related to their other color type.

Banned
    My internet connection is good, always have been. No other apps "crash" like S8 games...
    Quote Originally Posted by Simdiva View Post
    Sorry this was meant to respond to the Olympus type definition, Not quite correct as they fall usuall to diamond hybrids and often gemstones. That weakness should be added as well as the pink magic.

Gail lock champs have always been best beaten by diamonds and that's already clear in the charts, it would be difficult to add in other suggestions as it varies from champ to champ.
    Pink IS weak against Diamond and Gemstone dragons. Olympus type dragons use swords magic just like pink dragons so I was right in the description. Olympus dragons should be treated as pink dragons.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast