Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Updated Type Chart for Battles

Rhino Keeper

Updated Type Chart for Battles

I am hoping to come up with an updated chart for the dragon types listed below that includes input/experiences/thoughts from other players.
    Last edited by Splashy81; 12-23-16 at 10:26 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    Question number one has to be....
    Where did the original type chart information come from? Was this info provided by the people who wrote (or at least those who were aware of) the code for Dragon Story battles? Was this info collected over time from users?

Quote Originally Posted by kooky panda View Post
    The original battle chart was provided by players. It has been updated from time to time, when players post new information. If the new information seems to be working for most players then I can add the new information to the chart.

Storm 8 does not have an official chart. Remember the chart is not always going to be perfect since it is not maintained by Storm 8.
    Last edited by Splashy81; 12-23-16 at 10:31 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    I would like to start a discussion about updating the type chart for dragon battles due to the addition of several new types to the Dragon Story lineup: Bomb/Dynamite/Food/Map/Dark (corrupt). I would also like to discuss the type chart in regards to the following types [as I feel their current info in the type chart is either inaccurate (Arctic Isle) or doesn't reflect the reported experiences of many users]: Champion/Valentine/Olympus/Arctic Isle dragon types.

I've broken these down into a few different groups and will add info to each separate post:
    -Champion
    -Dark (corrupt)
    -Bomb/Dynamite/Map/Food
    -Olympus/Valentine
    -Arctic Isle

The following post has influenced much of my thinking regarding what I propose for updating the chart (if we don't get any new info from Storm8): Magic in the Arena [the difference between using bash or magic against an opponent in battle]. In a nutshell, I do think there's a difference between using bash or magic. Since reading that thread, I now pay much closer attention to the attacks opponents use against my dragons. The info I propose for updating the chart is based on the magic attack used by a particular type of opponent dragon. For example, Blizzard (Arctic Isle) dragons use yellow/tornadoes magic. My line of thinking is to treat Blizzard types as though they are yellow types in terms of strengths/weaknesses against them.

Is there anything I'm missing? Are there other factors to be considered? Perhaps looking at what the dragon is neutral to, according to the original chart? Anything else?
    Last edited by Splashy81; 12-23-16 at 10:25 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    Champion types

-----------------------------------

This is what the ORIGINAL type chart has to say about Champion types:

Enemy Type
    Use
    Avoid using
    Champion Type has no effect here Abominable, Black, Blizzard, Blue, Champion, Cosmic, Dino, Fairytale, Gemstone, Gold, Green, Ice Age, Mythic, Pink, Purple, Rainbow, Red, Royal, Stone, Tropic, White, Yellow, Zodiac

The problem with this is that "Type has no effect here" is useless information. Also, it's clear there are certain dragons types that have an advantage over champions (*ahem* diamond types).

--
    --
    --
    --
    --
    --
    \/

By looking at what's not listed as a type to be avoided (in other words, types that are neutral), I propose the following UPDATED chart:

Enemy Type
    Use
    Avoid using
    Champion The following types are "neutral" to champion types: Diamond, Egypt, Metal, Olympus, Soccer, Valentine

**Users have reported that low level dragons are sometimes useful against high level champs
    Black, Blue, Champion, Cosmic, Dino, Fairytale, Gemstone, Gold, Green, Mythic, Pink, Purple, Rainbow, Red, Royal, Stone, Tropic, White, Yellow, Zodiac
    Last edited by Splashy81; 12-18-16 at 05:25 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    Dark (corrupt) types

The Dark (corrupt) type isn't listed on the original type chart. It's my personal opinion that they behave more like champs than anything else. I have noticed a difference in the data I keep regarding battles with champs vs. battles with dark types.
    -I notice in battles with champs that my diamond types win more so over anything else.
    -I notice in battles with dark types that I have a mix of winners including: diamond types/white types/champ types (Rainbow Sentinel & Glasswing, to be more specific).

--
    --
    --
    --
    --
    --
    \/

Based on info I talked about in post #3, I propose the following UPDATED chart:

Enemy Type
    Use
    Avoid using
    Dark (corrupt) Corrupt dragons use black "smoke" magic; consider dragons that are strong against black types: green, white, cosmic, rainbow, royal, champion, Egypt
    **Users have reported success with champs & white types
    Corrupt dragons use black "smoke" magic; consider avoiding dragons that are weak against black types: yellow, pink, fairytale, gemstone
    Last edited by Splashy81; 12-18-16 at 05:37 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    Special types (new): Bomb/Dynamite/Food/Map

None of these types are listed on the original type chart.

--
    --
    --
    --
    --
    --
    \/

**I'm missing info on what kind of magic the Map types use**

Enemy Type
    Use
    Avoid using
    Special
    -Bomb Type
    Bomb types use blue "bubbles" magic; consider dragons that are strong against blue types: yellow, purple, rainbow, gemstone, champion, metal (includes Kaboom & Demolition dragons) Bomb type dragons use blue "bubbles" magic; consider avoiding dragons that are weak against blue types: red, white, stone
    Special
    -Dynamite Type
    Dynamite types use red "flames" magic; consider dragons that are strong against red types: yellow, blue, stone, tropic, champion (includes Dozer & Blast dragons) Dynamite types use red "flames" magic; consider avoiding dragons that are weak against red types: green, dino, zodiac, metal, soccer
    Special
    -Food (apple) Type
    Food types use green "vines" magic; consider dragons that are strong against green types: red, mythic, dino, gemstone, royal, champion, soccer (includes Fruition & Green Thumb dragons) Food type dragons use green "vines" magic; consider avoiding dragons that are weak against green types: purple, black, stone
    Special
    -Map Type
    Map type dragons use ??? magic (includes Compass Rose & Cartographer dragons)
    **Users have reported success with red types such as Fire and Playful
    Map types use ??? magic
    Last edited by Splashy81; 12-18-16 at 05:41 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    Special types (older & listed in the type chart): Olympus/Valentine

This is what the ORIGINAL type chart has to say about Olympus/Valentine types:

Enemy Type
    Use
    Avoid using
    Olympus Type has no effect here Type has no effect here
    Valentine Type has no effect here Type has no effect here

The problem with this is that "Type has no effect here" is useless information.

--
    --
    --
    --
    --
    --
    \/

Enemy Type
    Use
    Avoid using
    Olympus Olympus types use pink "swords" magic; consider dragons that are strong against pink types: black, gold, fairytale, gemstone, champion, soccer Olympus types use pink "swords" magic; consider avoiding dragons that are weak against pink types: yellow, purple, mythic, royal
    Valentine Valentine types use pink "swords" magic; consider dragons that are strong against pink types: black, gold, fairytale, gemstone, champion, soccer Valentine types use pink "swords" magic; consider avoiding dragons that are weak against pink types: yellow, purple, mythic, royal
    Last edited by Splashy81; 12-18-16 at 05:35 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    Arctic Isle types (Abominable/Blizzard/Ice Age):

This is what the ORIGINAL type chart has to say about Arctic Isle types:

Enemy Type
    Use
    Avoid using
    Arctic Isle
    -Abominable
    Blizzard, Champion Ice Age
    Arctic Isle
    -Blizzard
    Ice Age, Champion Abominable
    Arctic Isle
    -Ice Age
    Abominable, Champion Blizzard

The obvious problem with this information is that we aren't able to use any Arctic Isle dragons in battle. I have to wonder if we could use these dragons at one time or if there was a plan for us to be able to use these dragons and the plan got scrapped. Either way, we presently can't use Arctic Isle types in battle, so this info is useless (except to note that champs are strong against Arctic Isle types).

--
    --
    --
    --
    --
    --
    \/

Enemy Type
    Use
    Avoid using
    Arctic Isle
    -Abominable
    Abominable types use red "fire" magic; consider dragons that are strong against red types: yellow, blue, stone, tropic, champion Abominable dragons use red "fire" magic; consider avoiding dragons that are weak against red types: green, dino, zodiac, metal, soccer
    Arctic Isle
    -Blizzard
    Blizzard types use yellow "tornadoes" magic; consider dragons that are strong against yellow types: pink, black, cosmic, zodiac, champion (note that all champs use black magic) Blizzard dragons use yellow "tornadoes" magic; consider avoiding dragons that are weak against yellow types: red, blue, gold
    Arctic Isle
    -Ice Age
    Ice Age types use black "smoke" magic; consider dragons that are strong against black types: green, white, cosmic, rainbow, royal, champion, Egypt Ice Age dragons use black "smoke" magic; consider avoiding dragons that are weak against black types: yellow, pink, fairytale, gemstone
    Last edited by Splashy81; 12-18-16 at 04:13 PM.

Fashion Designer
    Thanks Splashy81, I've updated my chart so will be trying them out
    No longer active on this forum. Wishing the players good luck on the events and tournaments.

The Honorable Panda
    The original battle chart was provided by players. It has been updated from time to time, when players post new information.
    Storm 8 does not have an official chart .

Here is the current chart to date. After some players have tried out the new information and it looks good, then it can be added to the current chart.

Quote Originally Posted by kooky panda View Post
    Dragon Battles

Please note:
    Posting or discussing third party sites is not allowed. This includes and third party forum calculators.

Helpful tips on battling

Level 32 is the minimum level for Battle Tournaments
    Level 30 is the minimum level for the Battle Arena

Type advantages
    Enemy Type Use Avoid Using
    Red Yellow, Blue, Stone, Tropic, Champion Green, Dino, Zodiac, Metal, Soccer
    Green Red, Mythic, Dino, Gemstone, Royal, Champion, Soccer Purple, Black, Stone
    Yellow Pink, Black, Cosmic, Zodiac, Champion Red, Blue, Gold
    Blue Yellow, Purple, Rainbow, Gemstone, Champion, Metal Red, White, Stone
    Purple Green, Pink, Gold, Zodiac, Royal, Champion Blue, White, Cosmic, Soccer
    White Blue, Purple, Stone, Rainbow, Champion, Egypt, Soccer Black, Mythic, Cosmic, Royal
    Pink Black, Gold, Fairytale, Gemstone, Champion, Soccer Yellow, Purple, Mythic, Royal
    Black Green, White, Cosmic, Rainbow, Royal, Champion, Egypt Yellow, Pink, Fairytale, Gemstone
    Diamond Diamond Gold, Gemstone, Metal
    Mythic White, Pink, Fairytale, Dino, Champion Green, Rainbow, Zodiac, Tropic, Egypt
    Cosmic Purple, White, Champion Yellow, Black, Fairytale, Zodiac
    Gold Yellow, Diamond, Champion, Metal, Soccer Purple, Pink, Rainbow, Royal, Egypt
    Fairytale Black, Cosmic, Zodiac, Royal, Champion, Soccer Pink, Mythic, Rainbow, Tropic
    Stone Green, Blue, Tropic, Royal, Champion, Egypt Red, White, Dino
    Dino Red, Stone, Tropic, Champion Green, Cosmic, Gemstone, Soccer
    Rainbow Mythic, Gold, Fairytale, Champion Blue, White, Black, Tropic, Metal
    Gemstone Diamond, Black, Dino, Champion Green, Blue, Pink, Royal
    Zodiac Red, Mythic, Cosmic, Champion, Metal Yellow, Purple, Fairytale, Soccer
    Tropic Mythic, Fairytale, Rainbow, Champion Red, Stone, Dino
    Royal White, Pink, Gold, Gemstone, Champion Green, Purple, Black, Stone, Fairytale, Egypt
    Ice Age Abominable, Champion Blizzard
    Abominable Blizzard, Champion Ice Age
    Blizzard Ice Age, Champion Abominable
    Champion Type has no effect here Red, Green, Yellow, Blue, Purple, White, Pink, Black, Mythic, Cosmic, Gold, Fairytale, Stone, Dino, Rainbow, Gemstone, Zodiac, Tropic, Royal, Ice Age, Abominable, Blizzard, Champion
    Valentine Type has no effect here Type has no effect here
    Metal Red, Diamond, Rainbow Blue, Gold, Zodiac
    Egypt Mythic, Gold, Royal White, Black, Stone
    Soccer Red, Purple Green, White, Pink, Gold, Fairytale
    Olympus Type has no effect here Type has no effect here

Additional info about champ and dark/corrupt types...
    Enemy Type
    Use
    Avoid using
    Champion Diamond, Infinity, Passion, Pyramid, Soccer (low level dragons are sometimes useful against high level champs) Black, Blue, Champion, Cosmic, Dino, Egypt, Fairytale, Gemstone, Gold, Green, Metal, Mythic, Olympus, Pink, Purple, Rainbow, Red, Royal, Stone, Tropic, White, Yellow, Zodiac
    Dark (corrupt) Unknown; some have success with champs & white types (Corrupt dragons use black "smoke" magic; consider dragons that are strong against black types: green, white, cosmic, rainbow, royal, champion, Egypt) Unknown (Corrupt dragons use black "smoke" magic; consider avoiding dragons that are weak against black types: yellow, pink, fairytale, gemstone)

Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast