Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Updated Type Chart for Battles

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by starship412 View Post
    Pink IS weak against Diamond and Gemstone dragons. Olympus type dragons use swords magic just like pink dragons so I was right in the description. Olympus dragons should be treated as pink dragons.
    I disagree- the olympus type is a null. The original chart says they have no strengths or weaknesses and I have seen that to be true. That's why Achilles is in with the ADIPPS- the olympus in him has no effect, making him a pure diamond type in battle like Diamond and Infinity.

Almost all the dragons in the game have the same odds against the pure Olympus Dragon. It has no specific vulnerability to any particular color type. Nothing stands out as a preferable opponent.

The Virtue Dragon and Kitsune Dragon, pure pinks, are vulnerable to champs and blacks- especially black/gemstone, black/blue, black/green, black/blue/white hybrids. That is very different than what is seen for the Olympus. If olympus-type was like pink, all three dragons would have the same 'best' opponents. But, they don't.
    The sword animation is irrelevant. I'd wager S8 just probably didn't feel like making another magic animation for a color type that only has a handful of dragons.

With olympus hybrids, the other color is what matters. If you look at the suggested opponents for the various olympus hybrids on all the other sites, each dragon has very different results. Those differences directly correspond to their second color type. Pink is not a factor. The only one who behaves like a pink is Aphrodite (olympus/pink hybrid).
    Last edited by FireballFarm; 01-14-17 at 10:38 AM.

Fashion Designer
    My my Playful does very well against champions. Metal has done so too.

Thing I have noticed and another neighbor does this too, is using Dragons like Playful, Apprentice, Mage, Banshee, Old Watcher and blue Glass from tales .

I know that they have the not found through breeding edge. However these Dragons do very well very consistently.

To the point that I use Playful my second strongest Winner as often as Centurion and Diamond. I have oodles of sworn by dragons but Playful15 is like a Champion with fire magic.

Playful does great on corrupt.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by starship412 View Post
    Pink IS weak against Diamond and Gemstone dragons. Olympus type dragons use swords magic just like pink dragons so I was right in the description. Olympus dragons should be treated as pink dragons.
    They do not alway act the same as pink dragons tho so it's not always true, there are exceptions and that should be noted, I do agree that they are like pink dragons for the most part and I actually treat hades as my only actual pink and black dragon but it backfires at times. That's all I was trying to point out, besides the other weaknesses which should have been added rather than just blanket, treat as Pink. There has been no real discussion on how to be offensive with dark dragons has anyone done much experimenting there? These magic issues were worked on over a year ago by a team led by Athena Realm last year and there is a post in the battle thread there which I know splashy was made aware of as he/she asked me at the time how I knew about some of the magic stuff. I was merely implementing some of the ideas that had been brought forward and they have made my game far easier. My tournaments have been much easier and Lthough I no longer post, I rarely lose a round. That is because, magic Does apparently play a much greater importance than most if us were previously led to believe. Ie, told it doesn't matter what you do magic or bash. Sometimes it matters a lot to avoid magic and at times you want to do only magic!

I'm sure I'll be flamed for this post so I will bow out at this point and leave you all to your own devices and let you figure out the rest on your own since you are apparently so much smarter than I am,
    Last edited by Simdiva; 01-15-17 at 02:24 AM.

Diamonds: Helios, Angel (11), Crusader, Quetzel, Prime Eternal, Achilles, Prism, Gold, Mercury - all level 10. Glimmer (9), Astromancer (7), Blk Diamond (7), Crown Jewel (9), and Unicorn (13)
    Diamond, Infinity, and Valiant at level 15

4 Prime Dragons, Eternal (10), Chroma (10), Arcane (10), Power (8), Dark Prime Chrono (10)
    Champions: total of 22 all at 9 or Epic, Glasswing at 13, three at fifteen
    All 18 Arctics epic

No longer accepting DragonStory Neighbors, sorry

Fashion Designer
    Haha, it is here, I found it this time
    No longer active on this forum. Wishing the players good luck on the events and tournaments.

Quote Originally Posted by katali119 View Post
    Haha, it is here, I found it this time
    I have the Glasswing, but I can't figure out what to use to beat it in tournaments. Help !

The EYE... is called Egypt

Quote Originally Posted by Simdiva View Post
    They do not alway act the same as pink dragons tho so it's not always true, there are exceptions and that should be noted, I do agree that they are like pink dragons for the most part and I actually treat hades as my only actual pink and black dragon but it backfires at times. That's all I was trying to point out, besides the other weaknesses which should have been added rather than just blanket, treat as Pink.
    Acting like pink could just means that Olympus has some type strengths and weaknesses that it shares with the Pink type. It's likely it is it's own independent class just with many similarities to Pink and only a few minor differences. There is a lot of luck involved so it's probably impossible these days to truly assess the strengths and weaknesses of some of the newer types. I suspect they've changed the battle logic such that it's not obvious in code or the messages that get sent to their server. Like the breeding algorithm, it's probably all decided in their magic black box.
    Bye Attachment 67493
    Dble12win & 24win streak! -No$Spent!
    DragonS LB trophies (1crystl,51gld,27s,4b) Attachment 67493
    FantasyS LB trophies! (45gld,7s,4b) Attachment 54914

Crystl Trophy Shoplist:
    350m coins,23m food,18 10x boost,13k gld

2314Gld+BoostBreedWkend+DmdTmpl=
    Valint,Achlls,Helios,CrwnJwl,Quasr,Dmd-PrsmX3,Angl,Gld,Mercry&Crusadr
    My Rainbow Attachment 36684

My FashionS boutiques!
    -Beach Esplanade Attachment 35793 @JustKay
    -Fashion First gym Attachment 35795
    -Made in Meiji-era okiya Attachment 35794 @KayJust

BlossomPicnicAttachment 35799
    Monster!Attachment 36956

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by GinettaZ View Post
    The EYE... is called Egypt
    the EYE is the CORRUPT type because there is already an Egypt type
    DS : Dragons de Pern (level 200) 826/882 dragons (168 still in storage)
    (sorry but i no longer accept or add neighbors for DS)
    FFS : Pern forest (level 200) 496/524 animals (120 still in storage)
    (stopping FFS on 2017/12/31, so don?t try to add me)
    FS2 : Campagne (level 73)

Can we add some info on Elements dragon & how to battle it? Thanks.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by FireballFarm View Post
    I disagree- the olympus type is a null. The original chart says they have no strengths or weaknesses and I have seen that to be true. That's why Achilles is in with the ADIPPS- the olympus in him has no effect, making him a pure diamond type in battle like Diamond and Infinity.

Almost all the dragons in the game have the same odds against the pure Olympus Dragon. It has no specific vulnerability to any particular color type. Nothing stands out as a preferable opponent.

The Virtue Dragon and Kitsune Dragon, pure pinks, are vulnerable to champs and blacks- especially black/gemstone, black/blue, black/green, black/blue/white hybrids. That is very different than what is seen for the Olympus. If olympus-type was like pink, all three dragons would have the same 'best' opponents. But, they don't.
    The sword animation is irrelevant. I'd wager S8 just probably didn't feel like making another magic animation for a color type that only has a handful of dragons.

With olympus hybrids, the other color is what matters. If you look at the suggested opponents for the various olympus hybrids on all the other sites, each dragon has very different results. Those differences directly correspond to their second color type. Pink is not a factor. The only one who behaves like a pink is Aphrodite (olympus/pink hybrid).
    FireballFarm has it right. While it's fun to speculate, no progress can be made with anecdotes. Either 1) someone needs to organize a LARGE sample size assessment or 2) someone examines code and finds something different than what was previously mined (quite accurately mind you) to suggest that all the newer types are not simply battle neutral.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast