Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hoarding apples .....

Rhino Keeper
    I came looking for something telling me how many apples it's good to have on hand for storybooks, so thank you for that info. However I was all excited this week because I hit 50k apples for the first time ever, then I read this thread and thought... Oh...

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by ginerp View Post
    I came looking for something telling me how many apples it's good to have on hand for storybooks, so thank you for that info. However I was all excited this week because I hit 50k apples for the first time ever, then I read this thread and thought... Oh...
    I'm not sure how long you have been playing but I assume not that long. Honestly, food and coins will be a problem for about 6 months after you start playing unless you get lucky and breed a CU quickly. Things get easier faster when you do that. When you begin playing it is important to raise animals up to high levels in order to produce more coins. Plus you need to get some animals raised to epic levels to use in tournaments. For about 6 months I was constantly needing coins and food. But after you get more and more animals in your forest and more habitats going things will begin to get easier, especially when you are able to plant the high yield crops.....charm cherries and nexus nuts....exclusively. I've been playing over a year and coins and food are no longer a problem to me. I have more than enough epic level animals to use in tournaments. I never even bother feeding animals any more unless it is required. Just be patient and work at it and eventually you will be able to hoard a lot of food.

Rhino Keeper
    Lol. I felt the same way.
    I'm relatively new, too, and I have to say these forums have helped so much. Like they said, no need to feed all your animals to Epic. Get them to level 7-ish until you start getting some income. Coins aren't good for much except expansions, so you don't really need many anyway. you get enough to there, then you can focus feed them as you can afford to generate more coins. I now rarely bother feeding anything but Super Rares.
    As for tournaments, you actually can get through them with just three animals. There are six regular elements, so just Epic so you have three combos, each with two elements.
    FTR, it took me about 160k to finish the last Storybook. I've gotten a little better at hoarding. I just got myself to 200k for the first time and it took me around ten days.

Executive Chef
    i always keep about 150K apples
    DS : Dragons de Pern (level 200) 826/882 dragons (168 still in storage)
    (sorry but i no longer accept or add neighbors for DS)
    FFS : Pern forest (level 200) 496/524 animals (120 still in storage)
    (stopping FFS on 2017/12/31, so don?t try to add me)
    FS2 : Campagne (level 73)

Executive Chef
    I finally hit my 1 million goal! First time I'm going to go as high as possible before the next storybook gobbles a big chunk of it hehe

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123