Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Two oven questions. :)

Executive Chef
    Kayjco what level are you at in the game? Look at the oven guide someone posted above. If your at level 50 you have 13 oven slots open for use. You can put out any 13 ovens you want to use. If you are using 13 ovens and you want to buy a new oven then you must store one of the 13 you currently have out. You will not be able to leave all 13 out and buy a new oven. I'm just kind of confused about your question. If you own 26 ovens but you only have 13 oven slots available then you still can only have out 13 ovens, the other 13 stay in storage.

Executive Chef
    Okay if I have 13 oven slots open and I have out 13 ovens. Now I want to buy a 14th oven. I have to put one of the ovens I currently have out into storage to buy and use the 14th oven. You don't get more oven slots each time you buy another oven, you only get another oven. So if I own 125 ovens I can still only have out 13 ovens. Eventually you level up and you will get to have out 18 ovens at one time. No matter how many ovens I purchase I can only use 18 of them at one time. The only time you can have more out is if you buy extra oven slots for 49 gems each, I personally think that is a waste of gems though.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by kayjco View Post
    I get that it isn't gone; its stored.

Here's the thing. Say you get 12 appliances and you've chosen all 12. But now there is one that only makes a couple things and you're sick of making them and it's taking up space so you put it into storage. YOU NOW HAVE ELEVEN OUT.

Now when you get to the next level where you get another appliance that should be a total of 13. Right? So you think you can get a new stove AND the one you stuck into storage...but No. It's either/or. You get ONE.

If you hadn't stuck one into storage, you'd have a TOTAL of 13. But you did stick one in storage and you only get to take one out. So you have a total of 12.

What I was wondering was: Is there some way to get the one you stick in there back without using it as your choice for the new one.

I guess I didn't expain it thoroughly enough.

But I'm pretty sure that you cannot get the stored one out without using that as your next choice. If you could, I suspect that it wouldn't be this hard.
    If you have 12 appliance slots and 12 ovens out on the floor, and then you decide to store one oven, you now have 11 ovens out on the floor. However, the number of appliance slots you have doesn't change - it's still 12. You'll notice that the appliance tab is greyed out when you have 12 ovens out but is no longer greyed out once you store one of your ovens.

So when you reach the level where you unlock the 13th appliance slot while you only have 11 ovens out, the game should give you the option to put out two more ovens before the tab greys out.
    Last edited by Limequat; 12-19-16 at 10:13 AM.

Fashion Designer
    Yes, say you have 12 available. And you're using them all.

12 AVAIALABLE, 12 OUT

...and then you stick one into storage. Not to take another out, but just because you're sick of that appliance and don't want it out.

12 AVAILABLE, 11 OUT

Now you get to the level where you are given another stove.

13 AVAILABLE, 11 OUT

It is at this point that you would think, "I can take my new appliance out and the one I stuck into storage," but No. You only get to take ONE out. If you select the one you stuck in storage, that's it; the things locks up again. If you select a new one instead of the one you stuck into storage, that's it; the thing locks up. No matter WHAT you do, you're only getting one out.

So it's not really 13 that are available now; its 12. You forfeit the next appliance because you stuck one into storage.

I can live without the cartoon stove.
    Last edited by Rynetory2; 12-19-16 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Removed Support / provoking others comments - pls see forum rules

Grand Emperor
    Players will try to help out as much as they are able to, like what others are doing for you. We have helpful players in the community. Hope you'll understand that sometimes they may not be able to help given they don't have access to your account to see the issue or if the issue is due to other issues with the game or other factors. That is why we ask players to write in the Support for one to one personal investigation to check what's causing this. Put it this way, we can discuss till the cows come home but we won't know the exact cause of this or resolve it unless you decide to write in to Support. You can send in your request in your native language and the Agent will help you out. Hope this helps.

Edit to add:

Support link: https://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Rhino Keeper
    So you've reached the level where you're supposed to get the 13th appliance slot while you had 11 out 12 appliances out, only to find out that you can still only place 12 appliances on the floor? You shouldn't lose the 13th appliance slot just because you didn't keep 12 appliances in your restaurant when you leveled up. Storing your appliance previously (whether it's one, two, or all of them) doesn't affect the number of appliance slots you have right now or in the future. It sounds like you have a glitch in your game where you weren't rewarded with the appliance slot you were supposed to get when you reached the required level.

New Resident
    Here is a 3rd question. About 4byears ago there was a quest line to unlock sunken stove. We I missed that one but really want that stove. Does anyone know of a way to obtain that stove?

Executive Chef
    can't be done--once you've missed a monthly goal, you've missed it. unless S8 decides to offer that stove or goal set again (not sure if the holiday re-released goals this year were one-offs or if they'll try it again) it will remain locked.

New Resident
    That's what I thought. Was hoping someone found a way around it.

Kayjco - I looked at your place. You are on level 49. You do not get another oven slot until you hit level 50.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast