Page 28 of 89 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Ball Event! | Cindy and Stanley and Yetis | till Jan 3

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by tvangstanke View Post
    Oh yes. Stanley is growing on me. Good work, beasts.

Attachment 35008
    (<3)
    Well... I like him more this way. More like Kristoff than Hans. Lol. Just hope He will satisfied with how he is now, rather than asking us to make him goldish pants and shirt with A LOT OF buttons.

I agree! There is no way I will find enough nuggets (I have zero), and I am not buying gems. I will not get past this task. This is my issue with most timed events. It is very discouraging.

Host(ess)
    No it's not just you.... getting a Yeti to spawn seems near impossible grr. The first came up no problem but now I need 4 nothing. Spawning rates should increase not decrease.
    Yet another "random" that means yet again even though playing all day every day I will not be able to make it, just like the raccoon's. This game is becoming no fun.

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brogansmom View Post
    I agree! There is no way I will find enough nuggets (I have zero), and I am not buying gems. I will not get past this task. This is my issue with most timed events. It is very discouraging.
    They are dropping from more places now. Check through the inventory guide for items. Link below. Plus, Christmas trees (coin) can drop nuggets and if you have the Elven apothecary try the gold boost. It's a bit random as to whether it drops or not, but make sure you time it right so you can get the most of it when it's active. You get 5 hours. Hub thread has more info.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by StoryPlayer67 View Post
    I haven't missed a collection even speed one up it is frustrating get one out of 24 hours I don't like this. Then they have all this other stuff on sale we have to collect witch looks like another chop chop Halloween that doesn't produce. These are susposed to be doable and fun. This has become animal kingdom. Then you can't get items from the cabbage shop because they have royal points. Time to regroup and get back to castle story. I haven't been able to do anything with the rune thing because it always wants the items we need in the events too lol. They really need to fix the drop rate on the stables. On all of it really.
    I haven't got a yeti either after 6 collections! Won't be finishing this one!

Banned
    They'd do better to have these contests something you can complete without gems and sell items that we would want on the side than making it impossible to finish a task without gems. That just frustrates people and they lose players.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by ashley224 View Post
    limit is higher than 2 because I have 7. Half price Black Friday special, 260 gems each. Ran out of gems before reaching limit. Hopefully they will be available again soon. When available, regular price is 520 gems. They are a good investment. They may be available on Boxing Day.
    I did not receive that gift option on Black Friday or I would have bought two for sure. Can't justify spending $70 Canadian to get the 1400 coins which I fear I will lose half in the gem trap before I get to use them up. Just got caught in gem trap this morning for 18 gems. I was sure consider I i received a gift option for the golden mine as a stand alone special.

Quote Originally Posted by tvangstanke View Post
    The Abominable Snowman of Mount Everest belongs to the winter lands. As Winter Is Coming, cold climate creatures from polar zones (polar bear, reindeer) and alpine zones (Yeti) creep closer upon civilisation, reintroducing their presence to our imaginations as we battle wild blizzards in our stilettos to get to that darn Christmas party. Upon arrival we've all fumbled with cold hands over dozens of frozen silver buttons to get out of that wooly overcoat or stiff winter pants.

History also grow closer to us during the winter holidays. Cinderella and the Yeti both belong to a common folklore with local variations across the eastern and western civilisations. "Bumble the Abominable Snowmonster" is the enemy of Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (in the 60's Am. television show, he wants to eat the reindeer).

Cinderella in her Victorian dresses also draw on the great romantic tales of Jane Austen and the Br?nte sisters. As Frank Sinatra sings in "Christmas Waltz": "It's that time of year When the world falls in love". Love in Victorian times reads as long walks in the garden with convoluted conversations, eventually culminating in the activity of two warm bodies pressed together in the synchronised movements of ...a shared waltz.

Also, every Christmas and New Year, Vienna gives us (Europeans at least) classical concerts and waltzes, with a grandness only surpassed by the Winter Ball at the Castle in the Cinderella story.

So there you go. It all wraps up ever so nicely

...and the Snowoman? Well, p. eople in some parts of the world may not be quite ready for women with higher aspirations than beauty queening and housewifing. Based on recent affairs, introducing Snowomen may be a more appropriate level to start.

Nice and accurate explanations :-) I did not think that our European folklore is unknown to US players :-)

(I should have thought, for me are unfamiliar habits of the USA :-))

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Amarice View Post
    Unfortunately true, but so far S8 had strayed a little from the "female charas are useless unless they find a proper man" theme :P (luckily)
    Ivy and greselda seem to be pretty on top of things without the need of a man. Maybe we have a new coder that leans Trump's way. . .

Next event we'll all be in Russia looking for oil!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Deborah1981 View Post
    The ability to store the icy willows has already been disabled
    IcyWillows CAN be stored.. you just have to store them as soon as you buy them, then you can take them out and they'll be storable till you chop. It's the same method as the Christmas Trees on sale.
    💞  ⚔TSS⚔#74