Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bakery Story Winter Sale: Dec. 7, 2016 EXP: Jan. 3, 2017

Rhino Keeper

Which reindeer?

If you could only afford to get one or two max, which would you choose?

This is what I asked my wonderful long-time nbrs and regular visitors, awesome new additions to the 'hood, and some ppl I admire from the forums. I was overwhelmed at the vibrant discussion that followed and the number of people from around the world who cared enough about my shop to invest a little bit of their time and share their opinion.
    I felt that the feedback from this impromptu poll was big enough and rich enough to be representative of a much larger sample of gamers, and that it would provide valuable market research and insights to the Bakery Story design team regarding consumer behaviour. I'm sharing it here for that purpose. I hope this contributes to a richer in-game experience for all of us.
    I asked 100 people, out of which around 75 are nbrs. Almost everyone replied. That is 91 people replied, two were non-committal but offered helpful design tips and the rest haven't gotten back yet, and that's understandable. It's a busy time for everyone. Here is the final tally:

BLITZEN was the unanimous choice of EVERYONE who voted, either as a first or second choice, mainly due to the bungler's tangled Xmas lights and Uh-oh expression. That's 91 votes, people and a special shout-out to his creator/creatrix for all the love he's earned from the player community.

34 votes for that sassy lass VIXEN mainly cuz she's cute, though other reasons given were: her name rhymes with Blitzen, if you're buying Blitzen you should have a guy/gal pair, there's more to her than some of the 'plainer' reindeer in the set.

31 votes for COMET (including my own) cuz he's 2x2; will have more impact in an outdoor scene; as a standalone. Me? I just like the giant snowball and the general goofiness.

17 votes for the Dancer-Prancer DUO. Players mostly suggested I get them cuz then "you'll get 2 reindeer for the price of 1'.

5 votes for RUDOLPH just cuz he's Rudolph! I'm surprised, actually. Going by the early chatter on the forum, I thought he'd be the big winner or at least a frontrunner.

4 votes for the graceful pose and the heart-shaped spots on the flanks of CUPID.

91+91 = 182 votes. I hope I haven't tangled myself up in the count, Blitzen style....apologies if I have. I'm hopeless with anything numerical.

Many thanks to all the wonderful people who stopped by with a vote. For all my neighbours and visitors, your top pick Blitzen is now in storage and will come out to play on Xmas Eve in a special design dedicated to all of you.
    I hope you'll visit him.
    For my second choice, I picked Comet. He'll be around on Xmas Eve too. Though he came in (narrowly) at third place, he had my heart from the start and I just couldn't bear to pass him over. Plus I think our poised and pretty runner-up Vixen would look odd amongst those two bumbling boys.
    I hope this post is useful for everyone who is trying to make a decision.
    Happy holidays and much love to everyone.
    I will be doing the tipping rounds and informing my nbrs personally of this, but here's a heads-up to everyone on the forums:

===========Zaara's will be closed Xmas week thru to New Year's=============
    Last edited by zaaracake; 12-13-16 at 02:09 AM. Reason: Changed word that rhymes with 'crop' to the milder 'hopeless"

Quote Originally Posted by zaaracake View Post
    I'm doing the same thing! It'll be cool to see which ones you pick. More on this later...
    I chose Rudolph (who's in my bakery now) and Vixen since I'm female xD (still collecting gems for her)
    Last edited by Sebsmommy15; 12-13-16 at 01:57 AM. Reason: Because it's 1 AM and need sleep xD
    Level 99 / 4 star player

Rhino Keeper

Lightbulb Buying gems; bakeries with 'heart'

Ok...I have a confession, y'all...
    I know I said I'll be good but I caved and bought a gem pack (one of the modest-sized ones) the minute I had a sale. Truth be told, I knew I'd do it anyway. It's an early birthday gift to myself (born Xmas night so that's technically the 26th) so don't hate me too much, ppl!
    Thing is, I don't mind...
    I don't mind at ALL buying gems to support a game I love, keep it in the market, and show appreciation for the people who work on the conceptuals & technicals though, of course I'd much rather do this for items that weren't originally for coins...
    I've stuck to two of the reindeer (see my post above) but now I have some more gems to buy a display case and some tables or some floor decor or more counters...or....
    However, I have also been cooking short-timed recipes like a speed-d^mon and have 'earned' a few 'gem'my tables, counters and wall decor thru the power of clicks alone. It does add up if you cycle thru 2-3 hour recipes during the day and queue up 8 hour recipes on all appliance slots before bed. I hope that everybody who doesn't have the gem dispensers/can't afford too many gems will utilise the time we have and this method, so that many more of us can enjoy this gorgeous festive decor.

Happy Holidays!
    Here are some special shout-outs (that I'm aware of) to some wonderful people from the BS gamer community:
    NOTE - I'm using bakery names instead of gamer IDs to protect privacy.

* Whipped Cream: who has actively crusaded for more racial diversity in-game as now noticed in the Roller Booth floor item.
    * Patty Cakes and VanaCatu for their tireless and selfless work on the forums. I'm sure I'm missing some more names from this list. For this, I apologise.
    * Twospoons: whose long campaign won the Return of the Truffle Chair for all of us.
    * Clau Bakery: who solved the "mixer on the floor" conundrum and generously shared this ingenious design solution with everybody.
    * Zaara's (yep that's me): who asked for a grassy tile (for coins) for everybody...
    https://forums.storm8.com/search.php?searchid=7073308
    ....and who feels very happy when she sees an outdoor area or the book club/bookshop item in anybody's space.
    I know that tiles and themes are a small achievement comparatively. Im not a regular on the forums by any means, I have phases where sometimes I post a lot (like this fortnight) and long months where life happens and I just can't keep up with the forums. I'm not aggrandising myself by including my name here, not really. So I hope I don't get any hates. I guess the point I'm trying to make is that the BS design team DOES listen (thank you mods!) even to the tiddly asks and tries to give us what we want as much as is feasible for them.

We can do so much MORE with this forum in 2017.
    I hope we do, people, I hope we do.

===========Zaara's will be closed Xmas week thru to New Year's=============

@all, pls feel free to join this discussion and nominate your own 'bakeries with heart' i.e. shops that have impacted/contributed positively to everybody's gaming experience. I can only cheer the people I know.
    #joybegetsjoy
    #spreadthecheer
    #teachwhatyouknow
    #yuletidereckoning
    #gratitude
    Last edited by zaaracake; 12-13-16 at 04:02 AM.

New Resident
    Quote Originally Posted by bluberibakery View Post
    I'm kinda mystified that some of the tables they brought back, don't have the matching chairs available. Just spent gems on the snowball tables, which I love, and discovered that there are no chairs to match.

I thought maybe if I bought the table it would unlock the chair, wishful thinking. Highly disappointed there are no matching chairs. Please release the chairs too! Maybe for coins. I have bought some of the items before this sale that were for coins but are now for gems.

I don't understand either, why want to bring out only tables when chairs are not taken out.

Quote Originally Posted by pcabral03 View Post
    Here's info I had posted previously in Black Friday thread on this box

Edit----if you click on spoiler on bottom of post #1 of black Friday thread most Christmas/Winter boxes info there
    Thank you sooo much!!!!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by nickvinyl View Post
    Thank you sooo much!!!!
    Happy to help

Rhino Keeper
    To spend or not to spend 200 gems on sale items I'm vying....? That will be all the reindeers and carolers and fireplace stockings. I really love most of the wallpapers but definitely not spending gems for wallpapers nor tiles.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by ahomeforme View Post
    To spend or not to spend 200 gems on sale items I'm vying....? That will be all the reindeers and carolers and fireplace stockings. I really love most of the wallpapers but definitely not spending gems for wallpapers nor tiles.
    @homeforme, if you have 200 gems you should get the gem dispenser. That's what I would do, for sure.

@zaaraczke; Very interesting, thank you for sharing! As I was reading your post I immediately thought that I'd vote for Blitzen. The little goofball of Christmas lights is simply too cute to ignore. Vixen is the runner-up, and Comet is right after. It's amazing how common these preferences are. Very usual information indeed.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast