Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Bakery Story Winter Sale: Dec. 7, 2016 EXP: Jan. 3, 2017

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by ahomeforme View Post
    To spend or not to spend 200 gems on sale items I'm vying....? That will be all the reindeers and carolers and fireplace stockings. I really love most of the wallpapers but definitely not spending gems for wallpapers nor tiles.
    You might never have another chance to get the reindeer so I'd definitely get them all. The way I look at it is that you save gems to buy stuff for your bakery. I'd buy as much as I could with your 200 gems. You can always save those up again.
    Not accepting new neighbours in bakery story at the moment. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by geordieprogman View Post
    You might never have another chance to get the reindeer so I'd definitely get them all. The way I look at it is that you save gems to buy stuff for your bakery. I'd buy as much as I could with your 200 gems. You can always save those up again.
    I agree with you, for those who really love the reindeer and plan on using them throughout the winter (not just during December/Christmas), they're worth the gems. Especially because they're unlikely to be back. However, if you plan on using the reindeer seasonly only and don't have much of a passion for them (besides thinking they're cute), it might be wiser to invest in something that isn't so Christmasy. Especially if you never buy gems or if you only do so very rarely. Just my two cents

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLadyRachel View Post
    @zaaraczke; Very interesting, thank you for sharing! As I was reading your post I immediately thought that I'd vote for Blitzen. The little goofball of Christmas lights is simply too cute to ignore. Vixen is the runner-up, and Comet is right after. It's amazing how common these preferences are. Very usual information indeed.
    Yep @TheLadyRachel, I shared the results for EXACTLY that reason. Because I felt they were representative of a much larger sample of player decisions and I thought why throw away the readymade results of what is actually a market survey (although for us its just fun to talk about why we'll buy what we'll buy and what themes and designs we're planning) when S8 could use it?
    Were you my nbr when I carried out the poll? It was the week before I posted the results here. I don't remember, sorry Rach, I've added so many new nbrs these two weeks + I've been obsessed with DS lately. Regardless, I respect your knowledge of the game and so am very glad to have your input. Thanks :-)

Rhino Keeper
    @ahomeforme....Geordie and Rachel make valid points to consider. Anyway I looked and I see the gem dispenser is gone. My bad.

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    @zaaracake: I did enjoy your post and thought I should post that bc of you I've bought 3 reindeer so far! I really studied the different reindeer pics when deciding who to vote for and I'm afraid I could help myself! Have to say, love them. (they do look a little out of place on my board but I'll fix that soon.)

Rhino Keeper
    Thank you, @SpiritWind00.
    When I started, I just wanted to do something special for all my long-time nbrs, something THEY'D like to see at Zaara's. It kinda snowballed from there and then I thought: this is the time (even if just a minute) and effort of 100 people who care about this game. It shouldn't be wasted. It should reach the game's creators. And it should reach everyone who is debating a buy.

Which ones did you get? They're all so cute, I'm sure they brighten up the Glimmerwood considerably.

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Dasher, Blitzen and Vixen. They're the prettiest!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    Dasher, Blitzen and Vixen. They're the prettiest!
    No doubt you're right.
    But borrowing one of my personal heroes (in a quite different context): Comet has my 'last full measure of devotion'.
    :-D

Rhino Keeper
    Thank you friends for all your inputs. Sadly, although I was ready to part with my gems, I had totally missed out on the sale because I was toooo wrapped up with the holidays! Had only remembered about the sale couple days ago! Zero purchase from this sale *tears*... I can now only admire the reindeers in neighbors' bakeries...

@zaaracake, I wanted to buy the gem dispenser some time ago but yeah, it's no longer available.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234