Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Winter Collection Event! - Dec 9, 2016 (Android and iOS)

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by CSKNDSJ View Post
    I've sent a ticket to you guys and haven't heard back. After two days of trying, I only have caught 1 boat. There is no way I can finish the event. Very frustrating
    I'm not sure what your issue is. If you like, you can post in Bugs and Issue forum and I'll try to see if I am able to help you. Support takes 5-7 business days to revert, depending on the ticket volume. For your information, Bugs and Issues forum is the best place to post a bug to get the attention of Staff and Moderators.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilliepaddd View Post
    WE HAVE SAID WE DONT WANT LUCK BASED EVENTS!!!!
    Some members like Luck events and others like you dont. Having a variety of different types of event is good to cater to everyone's preferences. Actually if you have noticed, there arent many Luck events this year.
    - This is the 2nd Luck event out of the 21 events we have so far this year (less than 10%)
    - We have lesser luck type event compared to last year

I believe Storm8 did consider our feedback and reduced the Luck event and gave us more of the other types of event which we prefer. It will be unfair to other players who like Luck event if they removed it totally. Hope this clarifies.

Congrats on getting your pet!

I NEVER had the option to buy the Log Cabin!  I'm on iOS latest update too but no cabin! This was not a FAIR game to ALL players! Not warning players of a possibility they might be left out on some important items to complete the event is not only unfair but WRONG! If it was a "glitch" it should of been announced and taken care of or players should of gotten something as a make up for it. These games have become tedious and no longer fun or user friendly.
    Last edited by Rynetory2; 12-20-16 at 04:21 AM. Reason: Removed flaming comment

Grand Emperor
    As a player who have played every event, I have my fair share of frustration and joy of Luck event. In fact I believe I have experienced the extreme ends of Luck event - from the sheer frustration of turning in 133 collections and not getting a pet to the overwhelming joy of getting a pet within the first 5 turn ins. I got really lucky in some event and I didn't for others, similiar to what other members have previously shared.

In the beginning, I was very stressed out and frustrated with luck event like some of you are now. Along the way, I have learnt to play such event with no expectations, yes zero expectations of winning. I would try to turn in as many as I could by having a well stocked barn and buying the gem craft building. Now I find myself enjoying such event and game more. I was stressing myself out unnecessarily in the past. And if I win a pet during the event, that's an added bonus.

Congrats to players who have won your cub! Good luck to others who are trying - we are cheering you on! Sending lots of luck to your way.

Rhino Keeper
    Personally I think my expectations on the collection was unreasonable. Like turning any collection what I get is random. When I turn in my butterfly collection I hope it gives the 100 gems, but I know to expect that is not reasonable. I do think that if the 5 step event was only for skins then we should not have to use collection items to complete any step and those items should have been only to turn in to complete the collection.

Rhino Keeper
    Next time for those luck-based events, I think it's best to collect as many completed whole collections as you can (let's say 10-15 and more) and then turn them all in, in one go. I did that with fishing and it highly increased the chances of getting what you want.

I just saw a farm with 8 polar bears, now that is indeed veeeeeery lucky!

Moderator (volunteer) judyandthecat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lennumber1 View Post
    Personally I think my expectations on the collection was unreasonable. Like turning any collection what I get is random. When I turn in my butterfly collection I hope it gives the 100 gems, but I know to expect that is not reasonable. I do think that if the 5 step event was only for skins then we should not have to use collection items to complete any step and those items should have been only to turn in to complete the collection.
    I did NOT do the goal line as it said on Regina's pop up in post number one that it was skins to dress your animals so I kept all of mine for the collection gallery.

We were lucky and I thank the Storm team that it was apple trees this time instead of orange trees like some of the previous collection events.

It was also nice that we knew what machine, animal, tree, fishing and mining was listed right from day one.
    No guesswork.

And super that we did not have to craft a special bait that ordinary dough balls worked.

Why do some players like luck based events at this time of the year....because a lot of players are super busy with holiday preparations etc so by signing on a couple of times a day you could likely get one one or two items needed from each machine.
    Like two sweathers from twelve sheep meaning that if they did not do the goal line and beings the event was twelve days long they likely were able to turn in fifteen collections. Giving them a random chance at the polar bear if not some nice paths and decorations for free...just by signing on a couple times a day.

No matter what this game is a business and no they are not going to say here you go a free bear.

I look at it this way I try and send one train a day I save up my gems hoping that if I miss the pet it will appear in the tree house.

Halloween long ago I turned in like 80 collections to get the hotdog pet.

The team has listened and made changes by now allowing us to buy a machine for coins or gems to be able to craft items we might have a hard time getting. Back then there was no machines for this and I can remember struggling fishing.

As rynetory2 posted there was only a couple of luck based events this year.

And just for the record I have now been farming for 1,037 days...
    The longest a game has kept my interest and probably because I love all the events...
    Last edited by judyandthecat; 12-20-16 at 12:50 PM.

Executive Chef
    So surprisingly enough I've had less trouble getting the toy boats and even coal than I have collecting from my stupid apple trees! The past two days they have seriously dropped about two. What the....ugh. Just bummed that another event is coming and going and I'm not getting and of the good prizes that I actually WANT! Sad face. And right before Christmas. The past month has been crazy with back to back events but I am glad that they were shorter. Somehow I didn't feel like I had to choose between doing the events (although as per usual now I didn't finish any of them) and enjoying December and the holiday time. I want that little bear! Also sooooooo wishing that I had gold bars so i could get my reindeer! I was soooo upset that last couple of years that I couldn't collect enough to get them. So it's sucky that the last chance to probably ever get them is slipping right through my hands again. Ahh well. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays guys!

Farm Supplier
    Down to my last 7 collections..... wish me luck.....

Moderator (volunteer) judyandthecat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lynard12 View Post
    Down to my last 7 collections..... wish me luck.....
    Crossing my fingers and toes for you