Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Winter Collection Event! - Dec 9, 2016 (Android and iOS)

Farm Supplier
    Update
    62 collections turned in was down to my last one- got the bear. Wow. Really happy but wow lots of work. Really need to decide if the next luck based one is worth it. Happy holidays all and good luck to those who still have time.....

I turned in 25 collections, no Polar Bear. I'm done. Really wanted it, but that's enough frustration for me. It's time to take a break from this game. A long break. The odds are really very against you on this item. Bye.
    Last edited by Rynetory2; 12-20-16 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Removed off topic comments

I just wanted to say I'm disappointed by this event. They show the polar bear cub to tease you, I worked on this game for too many hours the last week and some, and I was able to turn in 8 collections and no polar bear. I feel like I wasted my time. The costumes for the animals are nice but I can't really use them as they're just for decoration.

Sooooo frustrated.
    So much wasted time collecting to turn in 30 of this item, 30 of that item, turn in 30 some collections to get.....tile....tile and costumes.
    I will sit the next however many out.

Executive Chef
    40 + collections and no bear. So frustrating. Won't be getting or crafting enough items to turn in any more before the event ends. So that's that for me. The luck based events suck.

Plus ever since the the last upgrade my game freezes after every move, constant buffering, constant syncing, takes 15-30 seconds to scroll through each neighbor's farms.

Farm Supplier
    I suck at luck events having done 5, not including this one, in the past. I go in expecting nothing, nada, zilch and that is exactly what I have received. I went into this one the exact same way. Hoping for nothing but some holiday decorations. Well after 42 collections turned in I have 9 snow sleds, 9 packages of presents, 8 snowmen, 6 yuletide planters, 6 sets of snow paths, a set of lanterns and 3 polar bears. I never expected to get a polar bear let alone 3.

You have to go into these events knowing you may put in a lot of work for nothing. Life sometimes works that way. But just sometimes, you get a happy surprise like this event brought me.

Will I go into the next luck event with any expectations, no, just hope.

Rhino Keeper
    I just wanted to say something regarding this event.

First, I've been on my farm 1160 days. I took a break from this game for a bit, but then returned because I just don't want to give up on a farm that I've invested so much in.

I will say that luck based events are not my favorite. But this time around I want to thank Team Lava for the following:
    1. Apple trees instead of orange trees (this is a HUGE difference imo)
    2. Displaying from the very beginning the place of collection for each day
    3. No special baits to craft
    4. The reduction in numbers of items to turn in for goals (in the past I remember something like 80 wool or 120 eggs, if i remember correctly)
    5. The final pet can live in a habitat that we already own, not an individual one taking up more space that we might not have

I've done plenty of whining and complaining in the past but I don't think I've ever let Team Lava know some of the good revision its done for us players.
    I really enjoy this game, and I think its because of that that I feel frustrated at times.
    Thank you for listening.

Luck IS luck..sorry so many had bad luck, I wish we could sell our winnings.....
    Last edited by Mamatampa; 12-20-16 at 07:18 PM. Reason: Didn't mean to irritate people.

Executive Chef
    Wow, before I was just frustrated. 9 cubs. Now I'm just mad (actually there are other words I would rather use but won't). Unbelievable
    Last edited by Rynetory2; 12-21-16 at 12:18 AM. Reason: Removed quote at member's request

Farm Supplier
    Never really had much luck with these luck based event, I did win my bear on the 4 set turned in, plus I got a bunch of xmas decor so pretty happy with the event.