Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Bakery Story Update: December 7, 2016

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Natasha_07 View Post
    You know right, LOL!

I have neighbors that are very capable of buying multiple duplicates of each reindeer. I'm glad they were offered but I wanted the goals to unlock the recipes at the back of the main oven so I would have all time in the world to master them.
    Do you remember how the goal was like back then?
    I see the reindeers in many bakeries (before this update) but have not seen the ovens/ deco that go with them.

Personally like the goal and the update.
    Goal - expensive but I do have sufficient coins (have been using the feeding spoon layout for years)
    Update - it is a pity (esp for newer players) that all items are offered for gems but I've got almost all coin Christmas items since 2014 so it's good that I'm looking at items I don't have. Hope that the chairs would be offered with the gem tables though. And that all reindeers are offered in a bundle (with a small discount) - 120 gems for a seasonal d?cor (however big) seems a bit too much.

Quote Originally Posted by deekathleen View Post
    I just can't bring myself to spend 15 gems a reindeer.......so I will skip them.
    I'm buying at least Rudolph maybe another reindeer depends how much gems I gather before the sale is over.
    Level 99 / 4 star player

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by eldiri View Post
    I'm actually glad they are for gems. Not really fair to those of us that have been playing for years, and worked hard to get the items we have, if they gave them all away for gold. I honestly think they re-released too much. Now nothing I have is special anymore. Everyone can have everything I've spent 4 years collecting...
    I see where you're coming from but think that a better option would have been for newer players to UNLOCK the original goal with gems (less than the 120) so that we can enjoy the goal while earning the collection at the same time.

And I think BS is a game about creativity rather than owning special items
    I would very much like to see what newer players would do with some of the prior year contents which are, as many have pointed out, very nicely designed.

Rhino Keeper
    [QUOTE=luincristiel;1375317]Do you remember how the goal was like back then?
    I see the reindeers in many bakeries (before this update) but have not seen the ovens/ deco that go with them.

I am pretty sure there were not special appliances. There were holiday recipes on regular stove and drink machine. You did need to ask neighbors for items, which held me back. Also, the fact that I was brand new and didn't have many appliances. I think I had 2 drink machines and was making 8 peppermint cocoa when time ran out.
    Now the rs goal that year was loads of fun and I wish they would bring it back. I didn't have time to finish that either because of lack of enough regular stoves (spaces). It was the twelve days of Christmas. You made 1 of something (can't remember, maybe pear tart?) then next step, you made same 1 & also 2 French fries, next step you repeated 1 & 2 but also 3 cauliflower casseroles maybe, and kept going like that. I found it really fun budgeting my limited stoves & the recipes needed.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by auroramom View Post

I am pretty sure there were not special appliances. There were holiday recipes on regular stove and drink machine. You did need to ask neighbors for items, which held me back. Also, the fact that I was brand new and didn't have many appliances. I think I had 2 drink machines and was making 8 peppermint cocoa when time ran out.
    Now the rs goal that year was loads of fun and I wish they would bring it back. I didn't have time to finish that either because of lack of enough regular stoves (spaces). It was the twelve days of Christmas. You made 1 of something (can't remember, maybe pear tart?) then next step, you made same 1 & also 2 French fries, next step you repeated 1 & 2 but also 3 cauliflower casseroles maybe, and kept going like that. I found it really fun budgeting my limited stoves & the recipes needed.
    Wow thanks for the details! Would love to have those recipes brought back... they're so cute!

Quote Originally Posted by Sebsmommy15 View Post
    I'm buying at least Rudolph maybe another reindeer depends how much gems I gather before the sale is over.
    have you noticed that absolutely nothing in this "sale" is for coins? getting a wee bit tired of gem heavy updates, especially when charging gems for ovens btw, thought the "mini-goal" update was brilliant even though I didn't particularly like the prize...

All sales for gems ((((

Rhino Keeper
    I love the items on sale. I'm not too thrilled with the prices and I'd really have liked to get my hands on the lovely seasonal recipes at the back of the regular oven but I like that we have almost a month to rush on short recipes to earn gems.
    This is a good thing, ppl. We can work with this somewhat.

The thing is ( and I know I'm gonna get a lot of flak for this but I'm saying this only to make EVERYBODY feel better.
    S8 doesn't exist to do ABSOLUTELY everything we want...S8 exists to make money. They cannot give us everything we want, at the prices we want, when we want it.
    Nothing in life works like that.
    Besides it runs counter to their interest as a profit-making entity with wage earners on the roll and fixed costs to pay and such...
    So far this year, I'm happy that they've tried to listen to us and incorporate our demands to the extent possible. The forum mods have a huge part to play in this and kudos to them.
    I was very happy with the Black Friday sale, and thought those prices were very BIG-HEARTED. These prices...hmmm, not so much.

Having said all the D!evil's advocate-y stuff above, I'm gonna say that I am SO not an uber rich player. I work two jobs: one in writing and publishing (the glamour-free side) children's books and one where I teach underprivileged children in Asia on a volunteer basis (this one doesn't pay except for the actual materials i teach with)...
    So I am NOT gonna be able to afford all this gorgeous content.
    I don't have a super large bakery and after the last two or three goal sets, I'm far from having the 12 mln coins needed for my next expansion. And that's at the cost of spending all my money on Bakery at the expense of DS for the longest time. I'm kicking myself for this cuz lately they hv some beautiful dragons and I've missed out on so.darn.much.
    Frankly, my heart sank when I looked at the prices.
    So I'm probably gonna choose which of the reindeer I want and cook short timed recipes for the gems to buy counters and such.
    But I'm gonna try to STAY happy.
    I wish everyone is happy too, this Christmas. All the disappointment on the threads saddens me. That's why I'm writing this novel of a post.
    It could have been worse, right? We could have got baking buccaneers or dinosaurs on skis or aliens in aprons or NOTHING. Remember the pirates of yore?
    Cheer up, ppl.

And this:
    @eldiri was honest as a child, I think. Everyone has a right to feel how they feel and to express their opinions, right? It's Xmas, ppl. Let's cut her/him some slack.
    I'm sure s/he didn't mean to gloat.
    I hope.

AND ESPECIALLY THIS: For S8/attn: mods @Kooky
    Pls give us some 8,9,10 hour recipes that actually make us a decent amount of coins like RVC or EGT. And if you make them cute, we'll be even more grateful.
    This is doable, ppl. Even keeping a balanced view and incorporating everyone's viewpoint as I've tried to, we players truly do DESERVE this. Also please scrap the lousy 9-day goals. Fifteen days is ok...9 is a bit too harsh, esp for low-level, coin- strapped gamers don't you feel?
    * SPECIAL shout-out to whoever designed the 'snowman cake' item...it's a 1x1 item and was available for coins. Such decor can get passed over for all the hullabaloo over high-ticket items but the amount of work and love and detail that have gone into this teeny item. Wow! Plus the sheer cuteness of it...I sure wish I could peek into the old sketch pads of whoever drew this one. Happy Holidays, you! Whoever you are...keep drawing. Your work makes people smile.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by mikepastry View Post
    After reading this, I now start to understand why some people decorate for the fall in early August and for Christmas prior to Thanksgiving... to think what you just said above is one thing, but to voice it here and to wish that no one but you have all the stuff, this is a totally new level of shamelessness... WOW!
    I know it's so terrible to be bothered by working for something for years, and then have people who just started yesterday be able to instantly have everything you worked for, if they have enough money to spend. I am fine with re-releasing some things, but pretty much everything is ridiculous. Why should you have everything handed to you, when I didn't, and other long time players didn't? Making them cost more is only fair if you didn't put in the time and effort to get them. Honestly, I would rather see good new content released. That way everyone has something good. Long time players get pretty much nothing out of these sales.

Farm Supplier
    What's wrong with bakery story lately? It's almost like they want to get rid of it. No traditional Christmas goal, everything seems so childish and cold. All items for sale you can only buy for gems
    Restaurant story lacks goals but at least has some cute items and not just for gems.