Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Bakery Story Update: December 7, 2016

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Scawr View Post
    ...those who already had these items, didn't really have to 'work hard' at all in order to get them. They played the game at a time they were given freely through baking a number of recipes. You didn't have to pay x amount of gems for them like people are having to now. Consider yourself lucky. There is no advantage whatsoever in having to put real money into this game or your hard earned gems that people too have 'worked hard' for over x amount of months.
    Indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by ievuxia View Post
    Totally agree.
    I started playing in 2013 too and even though I have a lot of the older stuff, I don't mind that newer players get the opportunity to get them now too. I love visiting my neighbors to see different designs. If others have the same items as you in their places it doesn't mean that their bakeries look the same. What I mean is that originality is the most important thing while designing, in my opinion, and it doesn't mean that you have to have something that others don't. You can work with the same pieces and make your place unique by creating an original design.
    I don't understand how some people can be so selfish. Obviously, they can't imagine how happy majority of us get when we get opportunities to buy stuff that we've wanted for years. It's indescribable. I personally am over the moon!
    That's a good point. What makes a bakery look pretty or interesting has more to do with how you use your decor. I've seen countless of bakeries with rare/expensive floor decorations, full of gem tables and chairs, that looked more tacky and cluttered than unique and beautiful. When I see a pretty bakery I don't care how rare or expensive their decorations are. The only thing that matters to me is how they used it. Very few people are going to have the reindeer collection, and even less are going to use it well. If you make good use of your decorations you'll stand out regardless of how much it all cost or how rare/common what you own is.

Personally, I'm always happy to see other people make good use of beautiful decorations. I want everyone to have the opportunity to enjoy decorating their bakery, no matter how long they've been playing. Earning gems is still difficult. If you get them by mastering recipes, that's as hard as completing goals. If you buy them with your hard earned money, you still worked for them. I understand players who want their decorations to remain rare. I disagree, but I understand. What I entirely disagree with is the notion that using gems to buy decor is somehow not as difficult as completing goals. I wouldn't mind at all if prizes from goals that I completed years ago became available for purchase now.
    Last edited by TheLadyRachel; 12-08-16 at 08:27 AM.

@ievuxia & TheLadyRachel Both well said! I started playing in 2012 and didn't get some of the items so I'm happy to see some of the old items. I do wish they would come out with better new Christmas items that would be nice. To those who can afford gems to by items they should be able. I personally spend a lot on the game I enjoy decorating and I luv seeing the different ways bakeries decorate. True some look a mess lol but that's what makes the game nice seeing people personalities come out. Yes it would be nice to have coin items as well for those who are not willing to spend real money and for those who can't afford it.

@eldiri

I can see your point and have at times in the past felt the same way to some extent. Clearly it is an unpopular view, although it's great to see that it has sparked some really interesting and well reasoned discussion on here!

Another way of looking at the re-release is that for those who completed the goals in 2012 they got the chance to display the content for four years while anyone who started playing later could not. This in itself is a bonus for those who were around in 2012, and four years is in my view more than a long enough passage of time for the items to now be opened up to everyone. Add in that they are gem purchases and the advantage is still with those who earned the decor at the time. Nevertheless it's an opportunity for newer players to get their hands on some of the most craved Christmas content and Storm8 have obviously viewed this as a good opportunity to make some money (which is perfectly reasonable - they have to earn their dosh from somewhere).
    Proud owner of The Garlic Tree restaurant

Rhino Keeper
    Maybe I am wrong, but did anyone notice that the reset time might have changed from 3 am est to 3 pm est?

Fashion Designer
    Really s8 please give us COIN items. It's not fair other games get them and we don't. Where's the logic?

Host(ess)
    I too am disappointed there is nothing for coin, I was really excited to get my bakery all fabulous like I did with Restaurant Story! Oh well.. hopefully they will give us some more good stuff next week. Fingers crossed!
    ** Jessica **

Quote Originally Posted by mikepastry View Post
    Maybe I am wrong, but did anyone notice that the reset time might have changed from 3 am est to 3 pm est?
    It was still 3am for me today... I'll have to keep an eye out for that tomorrow though
    Happy Easter
    Accepting 3-4 star players - Tips & gift daily - ID: hannahmariec97

Fashion Designer
    Seeing as that bakery hasn't been very lucky with the sale, I hope they give us coin items on sale for next week! It would be perfect to add this and more chairs because then they'd make us happy and get a ton of money from us!

Fashion Designer
    Someone added it up and the reindeer would cost 120 gems or something around there. I won't buy gems without a 30% off gem sale anyway, which I haven't gotten during this sale yet mind you, but I only have enough $$ for the 105 gem package so I won't be able to even get all of the reindeer and 105 gems is a lot of gems anyway. Very, very disappointed in the high prices and no coin items for sale.