Page 1 of 49 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 12/2 Update - Beary Scary Blizzard Event!

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar

Castle Story: 12/2 Update - Beary Scary Blizzard Event!

BLIZZARD EVENT!
    Time zone converter: compare where you are with California

Requires level 17+ | Minimum game version is iOS/Android 1.6 | Event is live from 12/2/2016 12:00 PM to 12/15/2016 4:00 PM PST

What happens when an event finishes?? Click here to take you to a post called How Community Events Work in the Hub.

Pictures from ShibuyaCloth: click here

Tips from players (and me!)
    1. It's not that you have one day to complete a chapter - it's that another chapter won't UNLOCK until the next day.
    2. If you finish the chapter early, you have to wait for the remainder of the time to expire before the next chapter starts. You have to complete a chapter to begin the next chapter.
    3. If you take longer than a day to complete a chapter then the next one will start sooner.
    4. If you gem skip a chapter, the next one doesn't start sooner (you will wait even longer!).

5. The ability to find warm rocks and frost shards and to make the warming potion and the frost swords comes and goes. Be careful not to chop between chapters as NO ITEMS WILL DROP OR CAN BE CRAFTED.

So how much do I need?
    Trees: 6 Yellow Acers | 7 Red Acers
    Warming potions (3 warm stones, 10 hot peppers, 10 water): ch1x1; ch3x2; ch4x2; ch5x1; ch6x1; ch7x1; ch9x2; ch10x8 = 18

Frost swords (4 frost shards, 20 iron ore): ch1x1, ch3x2; ch4x2; ch7x1; ch10x8 = 14

Journey to the Snowy Mountains - 2 warming potions, 2 frost swords, 5 fur
    Journey to the Frozen Forest - 1 warming potion, 1 frost sword, 1 simple feast

A blizzard has swooped into our kingdom without warning! It is completely unprecedented! I cannot find any similar incidents in my scrolls. We must look into this!
    Chapter 1:
    Goal 1 Collect warm stones 0/3 GO (skip 75 gems) | collect from rock outcropping
    Goal 2 Brew a warming potion 0/1 GO (skip 75 gems) Potion Shop, 1 hour - 3 warm stones, 10 hot peppers, 10 water (speed up is 4 gems)
    Goal 3 Collect frost shards for a magical sword 0/2 GO (skip 30 gems) | collect from ponds only
    Goal 4 Forge a frost sword 0/1 GO (skip 45 gems) | Workshop, 2 hours - 4 frost shards, 20 iron ore
    Goal 5 Journey to the frozen forest 0/1 GO (skip 20 gems) | Castle, 2 hours - 1 warming potion, 1 frost sword, 1 simple feast
    Notes: The reward from completing each goal is 1 Ice Path

I think the best thing we can do is gather as many supplies as possible before the storm gets too out of hand!
    Chapter 2:
    Goal 1 Visit the well 0/1 VISIT (skip 10 gems) | reward: mermaid scales
    Goal 2 Donate grits 0/3 GIVE (skip 15 gems) | reward: bacon
    Goal 3 Harvest wheat 0/20 GO (skip 20 gems) | reward: fertilizer

I have been researching more into the storm, and it appears to be of unnatural origins, possibly from the snowy mountains! I suggest traveling there and looking into this mystery!
    Chapter 3: ***GET RID OF ANY MONSTERS ON YOUR BOARD FOR GOAL 3 TO WORK***
    Goal 1 Clear iron rich rocks 0/3 GO (skip 30 gems) | reward - Jewel
    Goal 2 Journey to the Snowy Mountains 0/1 GO (skip 40 gems) | Castle, 3 hours - 2 warming potions, 2 frost swords, 5 fur | reward: silver ore + BOX DROP of 1 bear bait to place on your board. GET RID OF ANY MONSTERS FIRST.
    Goal 3 Say hi to the lonely polar bear 0/1 | Find Polar Bear Bait in Snowy Mountains or your storage.
    Goal 4 Defeat Yerik Bearson 0/1 GO | reward: Snowy Wall
    Quote Originally Posted by Inachis2V View Post
    After the adventure, I found a plate with something to eat. It looks like a roast !! Goal 3 (from chapter 3) says "Go". When you go, it brings you to the plate. You tap on it. The plate disappears, and the YB appears !
    You need to fight 50 times, and then, chapter 3 is finished.
    Important : I didn't have any monster when I tapped on the finished adventure !
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessCupOButter View Post
    My advice is to keep collecting and making potions and swords as long as possible before collecting the adventure and defeating yb. Also, make sure you have no monsters on the board before tapping the bear bait!!

That is so odd that all we found in the mountains was that angry polar bear. Maybe the storm is coming from the Frozen Forest?
    Chapter 4:
    Goal 1 Chop red acer trees 0/2 GO (skip | reward: living wood You need to clear the trees for the goal to complete.
    Goal 2 Journey to the frozen forest 0/2 GO (skip 40 gems) | Castle, 2 hours - 1 warming potion, 1 frost sword, 1 simple feast | reward: sap
    Goal 3 Defeat polar bearlings 0/5 | reward: creep tooth

Citizens have been complaining of bears drinking the taverns dry! Why have those feisty polar bears followed us back to the kingdom? Go check it out!
    Chapter 5: ***GET RID OF ANY MONSTERS ON YOUR BOARD FOR GOAL 2 TO WORK***
    Goal 1 Refill the Tavern Brew 0/1 GO (skip 100 gems) | Kitchen, 2 hours - 1 warming potion, 3 wheat, 3 water (speed up is 8 gems) | reward: water
    Goal 2 Visit a tavern 0/1 VISIT (skip 10 gems) | clicking at the tavern spawns Yerik. Then you have to fight it with 90 energy | reward: simple feast
    Goal 3 Defeat enraged Yerik Bearson 0/1 GO (skip 20 gems) | reward: fur

This storm is only getting worse, and there must be a reason that the bears are here! I want to meet with their leader, Yerik Bearson, and get to the bottom of this!
    Chapter 6:
    Goal 1 Chop Yellow Acer Trees 0/6 GO (skip 60 gems) | reward: living wood clear 6 trees, not 6 chops
    Goal 2 Craft an Ever-Hearth 0/1 GO | Workshop, 2 hours - 1 warming potion, 50 wood, 25 stone | reward: 2 chestnuts (you can make another while it's crafting if you want to...)
    Goal 3 Cook Hearty Feasts 0/1 | reward: flour | The ones in inventory DO count, so you can make this in advance.
    Goal 4 Visit Ivy's Hut 0/1 | reward:
    Note: the Ever-Hearth is decorative

Apparently Yerik and his bears are out of work and just sleep the days away! Let us help them get back on their feet! I hear Yerik is a master carpenter! A bear carpenter! Amazing!
    Chapter 7:
    Goal 1 Journey to the Frozen Forest 0/1 | reward: faerie jar
    Goal 2 Carve a Wooden Sled 0/1 GO | Workshop, 30 minutes - 50 wood, 5 simple glue | reward: chestnuts (you can make another while it's crafting if you want to...)
    Goal 3 Train Polar Bearlings 0/10 GO (skip 100 gems) | reward: snow gate

Citizens can barely get around in the snow now, and Yerik wants to help more! With enough sleighs and sleds, we should be able to traverse the snowy kingdom easily!
    Chapter 8:
    Goal 1 Chop Red Acer Trees 0/5 GO | reward: glimmerbulb
    Goal 2 Carve a red sleigh 0/1 | Workshop, 1 hour - 5 super glue, 50 wood, 4 red dye
    Goal 3 Train Polar Bearlings 0/10 | reward: fish

Yerik told me he was going to nap after finishing that sleigh, and ever since the storm has been completely out of control! I think we might have finally cracked the case of this mysterious storm!
    Chapter 9: ***GET RID OF ANY MONSTERS ON YOUR BOARD FOR GOAL 2 TO WORK***
    Goal 1 Clear Iron Rich Rocks 0/10 GO (skip 100 gems) | reward: mithril
    Goal 2 Wake up Yerik Bearson 0/1 GO (skip 20 gems) 99 hits | reward: 5 red peppers
    Goal 3 Craft Warming Potion 0/2 GO (skip 150 gems) | reward: chestnuts | you can prepare these in advance and wait till this goal comes up as it is the collecting that completes the goal
    Goal 4 Ask for Gifts 0/20 | reward: 1 warm stone
    Note: On goal 3, you will need to CRAFT the warming potion; the ones in inventory do NOT count toward this goal but can be used later for the adventures, so they don't go to waste.

I cannot believe that Yerik's cursed sleep was causing the storm all along! He is ever so grateful for our healing potions and wanted to make you something as a thank you!
    Chapter 10:
    Goal 1 Purchase Holiday Uniform 0/1 GO | Market, 0 coin - decoration (goal will auto complete if you hit GO) | reward: holiday uniform
    Goal 2 Carve a Nutcracker 0/1 GO | Workshop, 30 minutes - 1 Holiday Uniform, 30 living wood, 30 white petals | reward: chestnuts (if you want a second one, you can purchase an additional uniform for 10 gems in the workshop, but you must do it before you collect the first craft)
    Goal 3 Journey to Snowy Mountains 0/4 GO (skip 160 gems) - 3 HOUR ADVENTURES!| reward: After you collect the 4th adventure, Yerik Bearson is in your inventory.

The Grand Prize is yours!

Dialogue to complete the goal:
    Ivy: Yerik tells me that he'd love to stay in our kingdom! We should go visit him and tell him we'd love to have him here! I can't wait to see more of his carpentry work!
    Ruler: Me either! What a wonderful addition to our family!
    Ivy: Let's go celebrate with Yerik since he's decided to stay in the kingdom!
    Yerik! Yerik! He's Our Bear!
    * Say hi to Yerik 0/1 (skip 10 gems)
    Reward: 1000 coin, 10 xp
    Ivy: He's so fluffy!

Items to add to the Inventory Guide:

Yerik Bearson 1x1
    Info: A hardworking, serious polar bear who is also a master carpenter.
    Found: prize for completing the Beary Scary Blizzard event, Dec 2016
    Drops / Uses: creep tooth, fur, jewels, rat tail, silver
    Collection time: 5 hours (speed up is 20 gems)
    Thread

Wooden sled
    Info: A masterpiece by Yerik Bearson.
    Crafted: during Beary Scary Blizzard Event
    Found: market, 25 gems
    Uses: 1x1 decoration

Red Sleigh
    Found: market, 50 gems
    Uses: 2x1 decoration

Ever-Hearth
    Info: A hearth perfect for having heartfelt conversations while sipping hot Tavern Cocoa.
    Found: market, 50 gems
    Uses: 2x1 decoration

Nutcracker
    Found: market, 100 gems
    Uses: 1x1 decoration

Bear bait
    Chestnuts
    Frost shards
    Frost sword
    Holiday Uniform
    Ice path
    Snow gate
    Snow tower
    Snow Wall
    Warm stones
    Warming potion

Click SHOW for the Event pictures
    Spoiler: show

Chapter 1.
    goal 1:
    goal 2:
    goal 3:
    goal 4:
    goal 5:

Chapter 2.
    goal 1:
    goal 2:
    goal 3:

Chapter 3.
    goal 1:
    goal 2:
    goal 3:
    goal 4:

Chapter 4.
    goal 1:
    goal 2:
    goal 3:

Chapter 5.
    goal 1:
    goal 2:
    goal 3:

Chapter 6.
    goal 1:
    goal 2:
    goal 3:
    goal 4:

Chapter 7.
    goal 1:
    goal 2:

goal 3:

Chapter 8.
    goal 1:
    goal 2:

goal 3:

Chapter 9.
    goal 1:
    goal 2:
    goal 3:
    goal 4:

Chapter 10.
    goal 1:
    goal 2:
    goal 3:
    goal 4:

Last edited by SpiritWind00; 12-15-16 at 01:11 AM. Reason: Added Event Info

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    The Reindeer!

Goals:

Dialogue:
    Ivy: Those fiesty Polar Bearlings have been hoarding all of the kingdom's chestnuts! Without chestnuts, the reindeer won't come to visit us this year!
    Ruler: Polar Bears love good challenges! I will win back our chestnuts from the Polar bearlings in duels!

1: Oh Come All ye Reindeer
    * Duel polar bearlings 0/5 GO (skip 50 gems) | 20/20 hits to defeat
    * Collect chestnuts 0/100 GO (skip 500 gems)
    * Tame Merry Reindeer 0/1 GO
    Rewards: 1000 coin, 10 xp
    Congratulations:

Items to add to the Inventory Guide:

Chestnuts
    Info: You can find these on Polar Bearlings. Reindeer love these!
    Found: by defeating Polar Bearlings (spawn from farmhouses)
    Drops / Uses: used to craft the Merry Reindeer

Merry Reindeer the option to craft remains after making the first one.
    Info:
    Crafted: Workshop, 5 minutes
    Requirements: 125 chestnuts
    Drops / Uses: bones, fertilizer, milk, glimmerdust
    Collection time: 6 hours
    Thread

Event pictures

Last edited by SpiritWind00; 12-03-16 at 05:39 PM. Reason: opened thread

Executive Chef
    So excited for this one!

Yerik Bearson is so Iorek Byrnison!!
    The armoured polar bear from "Northern Lights" (aka "The Golden Compass" US) / "His Dark Materials" trilogy!
    Absolutely one of the best stories ever!! (disregard the film version ha)

Bravo Storm8!

Can't wait to welcome him to my kingdom!
    Hopefully the quests won't be too gruelling.

Only a few hours left to wait...

ps loving the cultural references being thrown in lately
    ... the Mourning (Weeping) Angel ... now this ...
    Last edited by hagypagy; 12-02-16 at 08:51 AM.

It says the event is live on 12/2 midnight PST. So far nothing; what's the actual starting time?

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by robotparade View Post
    It says the event is live on 12/2 midnight PST. So far nothing; what's the actual starting time?
    It says it is live today at noon pst. 3 more hours.
    TSS #77 🎉💥⬅️ 💫✨☯🔮😈🔮{🖐💖}======🎰=======>✨💫

Fashion Designer comeseecomesah's Avatar
    I saw people talking about update app for yesterday but have had no notification of one pending or one being automatically updated. I hope the event starts for me in 90 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by comeseecomesah View Post
    I saw people talking about update app for yesterday but have had no notification of one pending or one being automatically updated. I hope the event starts for me in 90 minutes.
    There was a app update in the App Store (IOS) yesterday, vs. 1.6.3
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

Executive Chef
    And we're off!

Storybook and Questbook!

~
    BEARY SCARY BLIZZARD

Chapter 1:

1: Collect Warm Stones 0/3 (chop rocks)
    2: Brew a Warming Potion 0/1 (Potion Shop - 3 warm stones, 10 hot peppers, 10 water - 1hr)
    3: Collect Frost Shards 0/2 (collect ponds)
    4: Forge a Frost Sword 0/1 (Workshop - 4 frost shards , 20 iron ore - 2hrs)
    5: Journey to the Frozen Forest 0/1 (Keep - 1 warming potion, 1 frost sword, 1 simple feast - 2hrs)

Chapter 2:
    1: Visit a Well 0/1
    2: Donate Grits 0/3
    3: Harvest Wheat 0/20

Chapter 3:
    1: Clear Iron Rich Rocks 0/3
    2: Journey to the Snowy Mountains 0/1 (Keep - 2 warming potions, 2 frost swords, 5 furs - 3hrs)
    3: Say hi to the lonely polar bear 0/1 (chop Polar Bear Bait - from adventure)
    4: Defeat Yerik Bearson 0/1 (Yerik Bearson has 50 health)

Chapter 4:
    1: Chop Red Acer Trees 0/2
    2: Journey to the Frozen Forest 0/2 (Keep - 1 warming potion, 1 frost sword, 1 simple feast - 2hrs)
    3: Defeat Polar Bearlings 0/5

Chapter 5:
    1: Refill the Tavern Brew 0/1 (Kitchen - 1 warming potion, 3 wheat, 3 water - 2hrs)
    2: Visit a Tavern 0/1
    3: Defeat enraged Yerik Bearson 0/1 (visit a Tavern - Yerik Bearson has 90 health)

Chapter 6:
    1: Chop Yellow Acer Trees 0/6
    2: Craft the Ever-Heath 0/1 (Workshop - 1 warming potion, 50 wood, 25 stone - 2 hrs)
    3: Give Hearty Feast 0/1
    4: Visit Ivy 0/1

Chapter 7:
    1: Journey to the Frozen Forest 0/1 (Keep - 1 warming potion, 1 frost sword, 1 simple feast - 2hrs)
    2: Carve a Wooden Sled 0/1 (Workshop - 50 wood, 5 simple glue - 30mins)
    3: Train Polar Bearlings 0/10

Chapter 8:
    1: Chop Red Acer Trees 0/5
    2: Carve a red sleigh 0/1 (Workshop - 5 super glue, 50 wood, 4 red dye - 1 hr)
    3: Train Polar Bearlings 0/10

Chapter 9:
    1: Clear Iron Rich Rocks 0/10
    2: Wake Up Yerik Bearson 0/1 (visit a Tavern - Yerik Bearson has 90 health)
    3: Brew Warming Potions 0/2 (Potion Shop - 3 warm stones, 10 hot peppers, 10 water - 1hr)
    4: Ask for Gifts 0/20 (neighbour requests)

Chapter 10:
    1: Purchase Holiday Uniform 0/3 (buy in market - 0 coins)
    2: Carve a Nutcracker 0/1 (Workshop - 1 holiday uniform, 30 living wood, 30 white petals - 30mins)
    3: Journey to the Snowy Mountains 0/4 (Keep - 2 warming potions, 2 frost swords, 5 furs - 3hrs)

Yerik Bearson - 1x1 footprint - 5hr timer - drops Rat Tails, Silver, Glimmerdust, Jewels, Creep Tooth, Fur and ??.

Yerik! Yerik! He's Our Bear!
    Say Hi to Yerik 0/1

MATERIALS REQUIRED:
    16 Warming Potions / 48 Warm Stones
    14 Frost Swords / 56 Frost Shards

Thanks Kat for speeding ahead and giving us the heads up!! As always
    Much appreciated!!

~
    Oh Come All Ye Reindeer: 13 DAYS
    Duel Polar Bearlings 0/5
    Collect Chestnuts 0/100
    Tame Merry Reindeer 0/1

Polar Bearlings spawn from Farmhouses (not everytime) ; have 20 health ; and drop 1, 2 or 5 Chestnuts.
    The Merry Reindeer needs 125 Chestnuts - 5min in Workshop. (Chestnuts are 5gems each)

Merry Reindeer - 1x1 footprint - 6hr timer - drops Bones, Fertiliser, Milk, Glimmerdust and ??.

~
    New Market Items:
    Ice Path - 500 coins
    Snow Wall - 4000 coins
    Snow Tower - 50 gems
    Snow Gate - 20 gems
    Last edited by hagypagy; 12-14-16 at 04:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hagypagy View Post
    And we're off!

Storybook and Questbook!

Chapter 1:
    Collect Warm Stones 0/3 (from rocks)
    Brew a Warming Potion 0/1 (3 warms stones, 10 hot peppers, 10 water - 1hr)

Oh Come All Ye Reindeer: 13 DAYS
    Duel Polar Bearlings 0/5
    Collect Chestnuts 0/100
    Tame Merry Reindeer 0/1
    Someone should start a thread for the goalbook quest for the Reindeer since it's separate. And the same dismal spawn rate again just like the raccoon & fawn. Be sure there are no other monsters on your game board! What's the deal with all the animals all of a sudden????
    Last edited by meme1098; 12-02-16 at 01:22 PM.
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

Rhino Keeper
    Polar Bearlings - 20 hit points
    drop ~2 chestnuts on success

Page 1 of 49 1234511 ... LastLast