Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So sick of 1/2/3 hr cook times with abysmal yields ..come on, S8, have mercy!!!!

Rhino Keeper
    Count me as someone who prefers longer recipes. I can't check my game while I'm at work. It'd be nice if each oven had one 1-2 hour recipe, one 6-7 hour recipe, and one 12-15 hour recipe. I feel like that would be a nice compromise between people who prefer longer times and people who prefer shorter times.

Rhino Keeper
    You must be talking about a specific oven here, because there are plenty of ovens that have long cooking times.
    & those that I can think of, at the top of my head, happen to be the ones that give you the most XP & money.

"All that was great in the past was ridiculed, condemned, combated, suppressed
    - only to emerge all the more powerfully, all the more triumphantly from the struggle." - Nikola Tesla

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Scawr View Post
    You must be talking about a specific oven here, because there are plenty of ovens that have long cooking times.
    & those that I can think of, at the top of my head, happen to be the ones that give you the most XP & money.
    I have finished most of the older ovens with long cook times and all the newer ones have short cook times.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by deekathleen View Post
    I would actually love some more 12+ hour recipes
    Me too! Also 16 & 22 hr.

With nothing to master, I'm all about RVC anyway.

Rhino Keeper
    When I started this thread, I meant specifically goal ones.

The worst part is the lousy yields for almost every goal oven. You're hassling constantly to keep things from spoiling and in the end the quantities are a joke.

This is not my idea of fun.

I myself am very busy at working hours so before I leave for work I cook long hour recipes and during my free time I cook short hour recipes... just cook according to your daily plans

Rhino Keeper
    Yes, please, add more short-timed recipes. I love sitting around on a summer's day doing one hour food for no real profit; only to have the food rot. And after I'm done, the 10% sell rate on the oven is wonderful too. Nothing like buying a $30k oven and only getting $3k back.

Seriously , these one hour foods need to stop. I have a job, kids, grandkid, puppyperson, and a life. Your cook times are adding to the obesity in America.

Rhino Keeper
    I'm on level 99 with all the items cooked and my counters would be empty if I didn't do old recipes. (I even took my time with the ovens that cost 5 gems by only getting one oven. I'm done with those too). I did take a year off so there are some ovens locked, which I guess is a good thing as they are probably high priced ovens for low yield too.

I like the variety of cooking times. The shorter times are great for when you?re just piddling around. Because after all it?s a game not a job.

Farm Supplier
    I would like some cute 6+ hour cupcake recipes myself. Seems like a lot of the nice looking ones I wanted to display in my shop 24-7 are all 1-3 hours with low profit and count so its not worth it.

In general i enjoy both the short and long cook times. Just have to save some for the weekends. Of course for limited time goals this does cause a problem. Maybe some longer goal times would be useful to consider?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast