Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov 17, 2016

Fashion Designer

Foodie Friendsgiving Event 11-17-2016 12 days

Foodie Friendsgiving Event:
    Awards Recipe Pumpkin Soup on Commercial Stove.
    Goal line has a timer of 12 days on it.

Butter Herb Potatoes:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0168.PNG 
Views:	376 
Size:	489.7 KB 
ID:	34547
    Note: Diner Oven (19 day timer)
    3 cream, 2 Potatoes, 1 cheese
    1 1/2 hour cook time
    1200 coins and 600 servings

Part 1:

Name:	IMG_0157.PNG 
Views:	351 
Size:	739.7 KB 
ID:	34545
    Serve Tomato Soup
    Learn Butter Herb Potatoes
    Win Fall Planter in day 1 of Thanksgiving Cruise
    Note: I completed the Thanksgiving Cruise last year so my step 3 "Complete day 1 of cruise" auto completed.

Part 2:

Name:	IMG_0171.PNG 
Views:	371 
Size:	738.1 KB 
ID:	34546
    Serve 4 Sugar cookies
    Master level 1 Buttered Herb Potatoes (3 cooks)
    Win Harvest Cart from Day 5 Thanksgiving Cruise
    Note: Step 3 Auto completed from previous cruise as I have not started this Thanksgiving cruise!

Part 3:

Name:	IMG_0176.PNG 
Views:	351 
Size:	768.5 KB 
ID:	34550
    Master level 2 Butter Herb Potatoes (6 cooks)
    Serve Pumpkin pies 1x
    Last edited by lnztrekfan; 11-17-16 at 10:52 PM.

Is it too late to change the recipe ingredients for the Pumpkin Soup? Since Timmy has to drop the pumpkins upon his visit...let's use the pumpkins for both the Mini Pumkin Pies and the Pumpkin Soup. However, perhaps you want the players whom are unable to finish the Thanksgiving Cruise event, to still have the opportunity to make Pumpkin Soup. I didn't think about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerial123456 View Post
    I was wondering the same thing! I think it's great they're recycling cruises to give players the opportunity to get old decor. I know I've been wanting to do the Egyptian cruise! I'm playing the cruise just to get the gold stamps, since I already have the decor and Timmy.

I too am doing the cruise just to get the silver/gold stamps. Will I get another Timmy on completion of this cruise ?

Quote Originally Posted by Aerial123456 View Post
    I was wondering the same thing! I think it's great they're recycling cruises to give players the opportunity to get old decor. I know I've been wanting to do the Egyptian cruise! I'm playing the cruise just to get the gold stamps, since I already have the decor and Timmy.
    I,d love another shot at the Valentine oven event thingy. I missed that one. I think I started playing around that time and was probably too low leveled or started shortly after.

I too will probably be playing for the gold stamps too as those butters are hard to come by. However its quite a more relaxing cruise if you don't have to finish the last 2 days or so.

Quote Originally Posted by bakerzdozn View Post
    Is it too late to change the recipe ingredients for the Pumpkin Soup? Since Timmy has to drop the pumpkins upon his visit...let's use the pumpkins for both the Mini Pumkin Pies and the Pumpkin Soup. However, perhaps you want the players whom are unable to finish the Thanksgiving Cruise event, to still have the opportunity to make Pumpkin Soup. I didn't think about that.
    If they make mini pumpkins an ingredient for the pumpkin soup then chances are I'll never cook the pumpkin soup as the mini pumpkin pies is a gem recipe and every cook drops a gem or a few of them.

I'm not to sure if I will get around to cooking this new pumpkin soup anytime soon anyway. I am working on mastering recipes and I have a ton of commercial range recipes left to master which almost all require cream and that soup needs 4 cream and 4 potatoes.

Cream is a highly overused ingredient as is. Quite a few of the gem recipes I have require cream as well and I'd like to keep up with making them. Second the commercial range is starting to get rather crowded with recipes and is highly overused. It has 3-4 times the amount of recipes compared to other appliances.

Rhino Keeper
    Are they serious a 6 hour pumpkin pie recipe for the cruise?

No wonder she only made 5 of them a year later! And thats for gems too! I guess I'm doing the cruise for the stamps then. Not too late to change the time on it!

I'll skip this cruise, but hopefully Christmas will be a repeat of last year. Only cruise I didn't complete because on Day 10, S8 suddenly stopped accepting my user to sign in on any of their games. I agree it would be nice to repeat the Valentine challenge, I loved reading people's posts about waiting for Frank, some were hilarious.

Hi. I notice a lot of you mention not doing the cruise because you already have Timmy the Turkey. I did too, but the recipe has been removed from my stove! Timmy still visits and gives me pumpkins, but the pumpkin recipe is gone. Anyone else have this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by MauiLady7 View Post
    Are they serious a 6 hour pumpkin pie recipe for the cruise?

No wonder she only made 5 of them a year later! And thats for gems too! I guess I'm doing the cruise for the stamps then. Not too late to change the time on it!
    Yes it takes 6 hours to cook and for me it's not really a problem. I have 2 other gem recipes which take a long time to cook. Beef Wellington and baked Alaska both take 5 hours. I did however invest in a second celebration stove quite some time ago because I have 8 different gem recipes to cook on the celebration stove. And a second is pretty necessary for me to keep up with cooking the various gem recipes. I do wish we'd get a second jubilee oven already because I can't keep up cooking the various gem recipes I have on that one. I recently burned quite a few quick services to punch out a few dishes on that one.

I fully mastered mini pumpkin pies quite a while ago. I just cook the long cooking gem recipes at night and the shorter ones during the day or if I have no short ones to cook or have a busy day ahead I cook them during the day as well.

Quote Originally Posted by spinningwheel View Post
    Hi. I notice a lot of you mention not doing the cruise because you already have Timmy the Turkey. I did too, but the recipe has been removed from my stove! Timmy still visits and gives me pumpkins, but the pumpkin recipe is gone. Anyone else have this problem?
    Can you double check if it was indeed removed ? In my case it wasn't removed (I thought that too at first) and then noticed it moved on the list of recipes. It used to be listed right below beef Wellington and above coconut curry fish. Now it's listed in between Mina's cupcakes and scotch eggs for me which is lower on the list. Or sort the recipes by their cooking time and check which has the longest time.

Thanksgiving cruise recipe issue gems

Hi.. does this thanksgiving cruise (just finished last one 4 days ago) pumpkin recipe give out a gem if you Finish? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BonnieBobbles View Post
    Hi.. does this thanksgiving cruise (just finished last one 4 days ago) pumpkin recipe give out a gem if you Finish? Thanks
    Yes. Once you've finished the cruise Timmy will be a permanent visitor to your restaurant and will drop pumpkins which you need to cook the mini pumpkin pie recipe and each time you serve it you will be rewarded 1 or several gems.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast