Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov 17, 2016

Grand Emperor

Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov 17, 2016

Thanksgiving Cruise This is a 10 days cruise.

Timmy the turkey has a new RECIPE to teach you!

Catering Cruise Guides
    https://forums.storm8.com/showthread....se-Event-Guide
    https://forums.storm8.com/showthread....Event*-(-o-)-*

Cruise Day
    This cruise uses Set A in https://forums.storm8.com/showthread....=1#post1343792

Prizes
    Once you have completed all 10 days, Timmy the turkey will visit your restaurant and drop you ingredient to make the Mini Pumpkin Pies.

Previous release: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread....ise-Ship-Event

Grand Emperor
    Foodie Friendsgiving

Goals
    Many thanks, lnztrekfan!
    Quote Originally Posted by lnztrekfan View Post
    Foodie Friendsgiving Event:
    Awards Recipe Pumpkin Soup on Commercial Stove.
    Goal line has a timer of 12 days on it.

Part 1:
    Serve Tomato Soup
    Learn Butter Herb Potatoes
    Win Fall Planter in day 1 of Thanksgiving Cruise
    Note: I completed the Thanksgiving Cruise last year so my step 3 "Complete day 1 of cruise" auto completed.

Part 2:
    Serve 4 Sugar cookies
    Master level 1 Buttered Herb Potatoes (3 cooks)
    Win Harvest Cart from Day 5 Thanksgiving Cruise
    Note: Step 3 Auto completed from previous cruise as I have not started this Thanksgiving cruise!

Part 3:
    Master level 2 Butter Herb Potatoes (6 cooks)
    Serve Pumpkin pies 1x
    Prize
    Pumpkin Soup
    4 Potatoes
    4 creams
    2 Tomatoes
    1 hour cook time, 2,000 coins and 200 servings
    Limited Recipes
    Butter Herb Potatoes:
    3 cream, 2 Potatoes, 1 cheese
    1 1/2 hour cook time
    1200 coins and 600 servings
    Note: Diner Oven (19 day timer)
    Mastery

Question about the thanksgiving cruise

Hi,

As I just opened my game I noticed a new cruise docked and it's a thanksgiving cruise. The prize for completing the cruise is the visitor Timmy the Turkey and the recipe shown in the picture looks identical to the mini pumpkin pies.

So far so good right ? What has me puzzled is that last year on a thanksgiving cruise I already unlocked Timmy the turkey and the mini pumpkin pies recipe

So I'm wondering what will happen to the Timmy I have now ? Do I need to complete the cruise again to keep him around ? Will he just stay as normal ?

Another peculiar thing is that the foodie friends giving quest already gave me credit for completing day 1 of the cruise while I haven't started it yet and it also says I need to learn the butter herb potatoes while I have the recipe on a second mastery level already

The new recipe that you can learn looks the same but is a whole new recipe that you can master.

It seems all decorations are from last year, too. If you don't complete it nothing from last year "earned" will go away.

We've had a few other recipes that look like old dishes, but is a whole new recipe.

Executive Chef
    If we finish the cruise, do we get a second Timmy? If not, then I will sit this one out

Fashion Designer
    So Halloween was a repeat from last year and now thanksgiving is too is it safe to assume the Christmas event will be a repeat also? Not being negative, just asking. I think it's great that others who were not playing last year get a chance to have the items. I'm just busy this time of year so if it is going to be another duplicate I can ignore the game until holidays are over.
    Name: Tybug

Farm Supplier
    If it's a different recipe like someone said above then couldn't you guys at least change the food into something else...is RS2 really lacking in money to hire designers for a new recipe lol. This just screams lazy to me.

Oh wait I just noticed I had the butter herb potatoes confused with the Rosemary potato recipe since they use the same picture.
    I was already familiar with pictures of recipes being rehashed and getting a new name. Just like the fantasy float and dark choc were one root beer and root beer float and the sprinkle chiffon and confetti cake etc etc. I have to agree it is a tad uninspiring these get reused and add to the confusion a bit when playing the game.

That's why I'm also confused about Timmy and trying to decide whether I an sit out this cruise or not. Sure I do like others getting another shot at stuff they couldn't have played for before yet so that's not my issue. I just want to decide whether to go for the cruise or not as it sure would affect the way I play the next few weeks.

Farm Supplier
    I was wondering the same thing! I think it's great they're recycling cruises to give players the opportunity to get old decor. I know I've been wanting to do the Egyptian cruise! I'm playing the cruise just to get the gold stamps, since I already have the decor and Timmy.

Fashion Designer
    The recipe is the same. I was double checking since I completed this cruise last year. You can see in your recipe book if you have unlocked the recipe already it now has a timer on it. Here is both a recipe from my stove and book. You can also see that I only made it 5 times over this year! I doubt you will get two Timmys.
    The only thing I am a little concerned about is the new goal line that awards the pumpkin soup on the commercial stove. But since the first part included winning the prize from day 1 of cruise and it auto completed I am guessing if you finished cruise last year you should be fine.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0162.PNG 
Views:	70 
Size:	670.2 KB 
ID:	34542

Name:	IMG_0164.PNG 
Views:	64 
Size:	521.2 KB 
ID:	34543

Name:	IMG_0165.PNG 
Views:	76 
Size:	630.6 KB 
ID:	34544
    See how the pumpkin pie has a timer on it but isn't locked. It's the same recipe.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast