Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boost

Farm Supplier

Boost

What does the boost do in the nest ? What do any of the boost do ?

Quote Originally Posted by FireballFarm View Post
    The boosts' effect only lasts for one hour. Next time you use one, watch the timer over the nest, crops, den- whatever it is you are boosting.

With a 2X boost, the timer will count down like this: 8:59, 8:57, 8:55, 8:53, 8:51...
    With a 5X boost, the timer will count down like this: 8:59, 8:54, 8:49, 8:44, 8:39...

When the hour is up, the timers will return to normal.

Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    This is a known issue. Boosts were never intended to work on the Arctic Isles, so unpredictable results can occur if you have an active timer on the Arctic Isle and then use a boost.

However, if you have no active timer and use a boost and then start a timer the boost does apply (even though it's not intended to work that way).
    Last edited by kooky panda; 05-16-17 at 10:36 AM.

Executive Chef
    It speeds up the time remaining.

Farm Supplier
    Ok ty

Farm Supplier
    I just used the boost for an egg that takes 10hrs to hatch and it didn't speed up nothing still taking the same amount of time and I restarted the game to make sure and no change

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by omfgruk View Post
    I just used the boost for an egg that takes 10hrs to hatch and it didn't speed up nothing still taking the same amount of time and I restarted the game to make sure and no change
    The boosts' effect only lasts for one hour. Next time you use one, watch the timer over the nest, crops, den- whatever it is you are boosting.

With a 2X boost, the timer will count down like this: 8:59, 8:57, 8:55, 8:53, 8:51...
    With a 5X boost, the timer will count down like this: 8:59, 8:54, 8:49, 8:44, 8:39...

Quote Originally Posted by FireballFarm View Post

Awesome! Thanks for explaining this so well. I was trying to figure it out. I activated the 10x boost on the evolution den when it needed around 9 hours ( that was a couple of hours ago). Now there's only one hour left on the timer. I tried to figure it out but I never would have understood it if it wasn't for your explanation. Have a great day ��

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by amalsaba View Post
    Awesome! Thanks for explaining this so well. I was trying to figure it out. I activated the 10x boost on the evolution den when it needed around 9 hours ( that was a couple of hours ago). Now there's only one hour left on the timer. I tried to figure it out but I never would have understood it if it wasn't for your explanation. Have a great day ��
    I think of how it'll affect my total time. A 10X boost will compress 10 hours into 1 hour. So an egg that has 12 hours on the timer would become 1 (compressed hour) + 2 (regular counted hours) = 3 total hours.

A 2X boost will compress 2 hours into 1. So that same 12 hour egg would become 1+10 =11 hours total.

The boost icons are misleading. Maybe put something about the fact they run for an hour only.

Quote Originally Posted by RafMikeyLeoDonnie View Post
    The boost icons are misleading. Maybe put something about the fact they run for an hour only.
    Well, when you activate them they do tell you it will last an hour. The boost icon turns into a clock counting down the hour.

Quote Originally Posted by ZaneGodfrey View Post
    Well, when you activate them they do tell you it will last an hour. The boost icon turns into a clock counting down the hour.
    True, but for a first time user it's not clear.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast