Thread: Search fail - gold costs to complete farming?

New Resident

Arrow Search fail - gold costs to complete farming?

(On my phone, please pardon autocorrects.)

I'm looking for a thread or chart showing how much gold it costs to finish a crop you've just started. I know it varies by crop; I just need to see what the differences are. I don't really want to spend gold directly on food - horrible exchange rate - but if it would be reasonable enough (subjectively of course) to finish a particular crop early vs the quantity produced, I could satisfy my impatience without breaking the proverbial bank. Any help is appreciated!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Micarst View Post
    (On my phone, please pardon autocorrects.)

I'm looking for a thread or chart showing how much gold it costs to finish a crop you've just started. I know it varies by crop; I just need to see what the differences are. I don't really want to spend gold directly on food - horrible exchange rate - but if it would be reasonable enough (subjectively of course) to finish a particular crop early vs the quantity produced, I could satisfy my impatience without breaking the proverbial bank. Any help is appreciated!
    A general rule to apply is double your hours, if you plant a 5 hour crop and want to finish it straight away it will cost 10 gold, if you want to finish it an hour out from completion it will cost you 2 gold. All crops that take under 1 hour cost 1 gold and a 1 hour crop costs 2 gold but after 30 minutes it would only cost 1 gold for early completion. I hope this helps.

Executive Chef
    I think it's usually twice the amount of hours it takes to grow, with a minimum of 1 gold for crops under one hour. So 5 hour crops are 10 gold, one hour crops are 2 gold, and so on...
    All you have to do is click on the farm after you plant, and it will show you the cost to harvest immediately. I don't think it's ever as cheap as just buying food for 20 gold. It depends on your level, I think, but it's around 5200 apples for 20 gold in my game (High Level).
    Hope that helps! Annie
    I am not adding any neighbors at this time.
    Thanks & Have a great day! Annie

Nightclub Owner
    Another option that you might want to consider (if you have the time) is to plant 30 second Impruberries over and over and over. In this game, unlike all the other S8 games, the longer the crop takes, the poorer the yield. So if you can take a half hour or so and just keep planting/harvesting you could build up a nice supply without spending gold
    Island Name: Amer Island

1883+ Unique Dragons Hatched
    409+ Unique Dragon Eggs in Storage

New Resident
    Thanks for replying! Sometimes, but not too often, I have time for the fast, cheap, low yield option, like while I'm waiting for my kids to get off the bus. Most often it's Firapples while I'm on campus or Pumpwings if I'm going to bed or working on an essay or whatnot.

I did discover to my surprise that the Enchanted Farm offers a one hour crop that yields 300 F. It's 26k silver coins to plant, but once the timer ticks down to 59:59 and just 2 gold cost to finish early. 300 F for 2g and 26k; I think that's fair. I won't be using it constantly due to needing more cleared expansion spaces, but it's going to be great if I'm only missing a few hundred food to tick a dragon to an evolving level like I was this morning! 8)