Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Games down in Europe?

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by VanaCatu View Post
    sorry, couldn't enter any more yesterday...
    food is spoiled, and i cannot do anything to sync my games with server.
    hardly entered here tdy, and the forums look creepy )))
    Spoiler: show

your link says the following for apps and forums:

It's just you. https://apps.prod.storm8.com is up.
    It's not just you! https://forums.storm8.com looks down from here.

ping storm8.com shows 4 packets sent 0 received, 100% losses.
    traceroute shows sweden trunk 'telia.net' is down... again!

and overnight, it's still doesn't work.
    guys from telia must've been sleeping... good for them!..
    Vana, thanks for your reply. For the second link above, is https://forums.storm8.com all you put in to reach the message it's not you?

I've messaged my neighbor again but she must be out because she hasn't replied. I'll have her try. But I know she uses just phone data for her games. Are things any better there today? Were we able to confirm it's not a S8 problem? Sparkly mentioned servers being down...

Thank you all very much! I'm sorry, too, about the frustrations for all of you.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by M3EKAXE View Post
    The problem occured on Friday afternoon. And still persists here in South Europe. Teamlava guys have to wake up and to nudge their admins or will lose costumer's confidence.
    Hi, can you say what country you are having an issue in? My neighbor is in Denmark. Neighbor in The Netherlands has been fine. You must be south of both? Thank you.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by caron7 View Post
    Vana, thanks for your reply. For the second link above, is https://forums.storm8.com all you put in to reach the message it's not you?

I've messaged my neighbor again but she must be out because she hasn't replied. I'll have her try. But I know she uses just phone data for her games. Are things any better there today? Were we able to confirm it's not a S8 problem? Sparkly mentioned servers being down...

Thank you all very much! I'm sorry, too, about the frustrations for all of you.
    It's not Storm8 issue. Telia is an independent telco company. You may want to drop a post on your neighbour's wall and ask her to try a different network or check with her ISP.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by rynetory2 View Post
    It's not Storm8 issue. Telia is an independent telco company. You may want to drop a post on your neighbour's wall and ask her to try a different network or check with her ISP.
    Hi Rynetory, were you able to confirm this? Thanks.

Grand Emperor
    Another forum member who was affected tried using another network and was able to get into game. Regardless whether you use cellular or wifi, some players in certain parts of Europe are affected.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by rynetory2 View Post
    Another forum member who was affected tried using another network and was able to get into game. Regardless whether you use cellular or wifi, some players in certain parts of Europe are affected.
    Ok thank you!

Grand Emperor
    Ask your neighbour to try a different network if she's able to. Drop a note on her wall, hopefully she'll be able to see if she manages to get in for a few minutes.

For the second link above, is https://forums.storm8.com all you put in to reach the message it's not you?
    yep, i checked apps first, and then checked forums, that's all.

Are things any better there today? Were we able to confirm it's not a S8 problem?
    nope, s8 servers are ok. i can enter any game. i just cannot sync them. anything i do for sync just sticks for very long time. the last thing i did, i triyed to accept material's request from neighbor. 40 minutes since then, still "processing".
    and nothing gets better right now. sd be huge lines down...

it can be easily checked on pc. open command line, and print there
    tracert storm8.com
    then press enter.
    it will show you up to 30 web nodes your data passes to get to s8, and how long it takes for it to pass each node.
    if smth wrong, it won't show time, but "request time out" line.
    today timed out nodes starts from telia.net.
    telia-sonera is a huge trunk provider in europe, and many local providers use their lines fro services (people you pay for internet to, in most of the cases do not have their own trunk lines, they "rent" it from big corps like telia). so this issue is not about s8 and even not about the country you are in - it's about which broadband your local provider uses.

ms. tory is right: last time i got this problem, i dropped wifi connection and used my cell internet: trace route shown then that my mobile provider don't use telia lines, they go to u.s. directly via world wide "cogent" trunk provider, with only 14 nodes on the way of data from my device to s8 server.
    i just don't have mobile internet presently, only stationary wifi, and i'm just waiting for everyth to be fixed.
    so if your friend does have a possibility to switch to another connection type / provider - let her check, it can work.
    Last edited by VanaCatu; 10-29-16 at 07:05 AM.

Executive Chef
    Thanks for adding all this information, VanaCatu! This is really helpful!

Executive Chef
    Can't sync my games for 24 hours now! I live in south east Europe. My clothes in FS are spoiled :"(
    What should we do?
    Also it's very hard to load the forum!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast