Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW TOURNAMENT Basilisk October, 28 2016

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by LauraGSJK View Post
    CDfroglover -Thank you so very much for starting the thread & for posting your results. How have you been?

Thank you to everyone that posts their results. Your time & efforts are greatly appreciate! Good luck with the events everyone!
    Your welcome Laura! I just hope people don't start thinking I'm some sort of expert, knowledgeable player! I just like the idea of people helping each other by giving options on what to use. I find it helpful to peek and see what other people are using when I get stuck too! I'm very well, aside from a horrible cold. Just need to drag myself through my daughters brownie meeting tonight and my night shift then I plan to gork myself on cold meds and sleep through an entire day to get rid of it! How have you been? Better I hope!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverrain1 View Post
    My game has started crashing on me as well ��
    But anyway, I haven't read everyone's individual posts regarding battles and I know I should before I ask this question lol, but I'm just looking for a general lol.
    Is anyone else finding this tournament really hard? I'm not even on round 20 yet!
    It started out easy breezy for me, but now it's getting harder. The higher levels usually tend to be more stubborn though, but I'm thankful we have a longer time limit this time.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by LauraGSJK View Post
    I am having a tough time with this tournament also. The last few tourneys have been fairly easy for me, so I just thought I was due for a lot of losses this time around. I hope your luck changes for the better!
    Glad it's not just me but also sad that your having problems with it to! I'm in the same boat, the last few have been ok so guess I'm due for a tough one.
    Hope your luck improves to. Think I'm on round 21?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdnfroglover View Post
    It started out easy breezy for me, but now it's getting harder. The higher levels usually tend to be more stubborn though, but I'm thankful we have a longer time limit this time.
    Thanks, although iv struggled pretty much since the beginning of this one. Not struggled like this in a long time and my usual prize fighters and not holding their own lol. Not looking forward to getting to that token in the higher level!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverrain1 View Post
    Thanks, although iv struggled pretty much since the beginning of this one. Not struggled like this in a long time and my usual prize fighters and not holding their own lol. Not looking forward to getting to that token in the higher level!
    I know! I'm at round 34 so once I beat it the Dumbledog will be up next for me... I've been having a bit of trouble with magic. Originally Fire was working awesome for me. But my luck ran out with it so I'm trying nature/water now, that seems to be doing ok-ish.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdnfroglover View Post
    I know! I'm at round 34 so once I beat it the Dumbledog will be up next for me... I've been having a bit of trouble with magic. Originally Fire was working awesome for me. But my luck ran out with it so I'm trying nature/water now, that seems to be doing ok-ish.
    I'm stuck on vinotor for some reason! This is very slow moving!

Rhino Keeper
    I just completed the tournament (see Post #8). I changed my strategy this time so I feel this tournament is a bit easier. What I changed was that I do not switch the fighters in the same round and I used my fighter only one time for each element. For example, I used the Dark element of Cursed Rose 5 times to eventually beat Obsidian Cyclop in Round 17 and the Fire element of Red Weasely 7 times to beat Twilight Troll in Round 24. I have the most failures in these two rounds. With this strategy, although I cannot prove that the probability is in my favor, I don't have to worry about changing my fighters within the round. I know I will beat my opponents mostly in less than three tries. I need more data in future tournaments to understand if Ultra Rare fighters are more possible to deliver critical hits then Super Rare and Rare animals. In this tournament, some Rare animals delivered a critical hit in one try and my Crystal Unicorn gave two critical hits in a row in the third try. Good luck to all of you.

Executive Chef
    My results are on page 2

I have certain animals that are tried and true to hit critical more often .. Some ultras of mine hardly ever do so I've veered away.. If my water element for instance just hit critical and won, and another one that needs water follows next I'll change then go back to it because the probabability of critical every time is low.. Doing this my big bad wolf for instance will give me critical most times I use it.. When he's tired I go to wise eagle for water. If something comes up like say ice cream/dark, Fire is strong against both elements so I look for commonality that way. And usually, I target the second element first, unless the first element counters it's hit, for instance enemy is water/dark, I wouldn't use fire because water would cancel it, I'd choose treasure or electric (that make sense?) it's been working for me without that many fails as you can see in my result post, I've posted fails too. The exception is only if animals are recuperating and I need to find another of a certain element.. So to me, the rarity just doesn't play in as often as certain animals are better fighters, as if there is a hidden critical % in them, some hit it often some just don't. My Libra is one that don't, she's just not a fighter lol

Executive Chef
    Hi everyone I've finished the tournament. Those still fihting good luck in their last rounds. Congratulations to all the Basilisk won, my score is on page 2 and post # 14

Host(ess)
    FYI xmas is also weak against shamrock - Harpy level 31

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast