Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Spooky Stories Dragon Tale : Oct 28 2016

I don't think you can trade tales dragons. I just looked at some of mine and they can't be traded.

I'm gonna skip this tales because I don't like the first 2 dragons and don't want to waste the food on dragons I don't like, let alone raise them to high levels. Such a shame because I like the grand prize dragon. I'm just gonna play normally.
    Storm ID: Pinkbubbles75
    Island Name: DragonLand
    Level 152
    300 dragons total
    3 Diamonds (as of 7-23-17) - Diamond 13, Crusader 10, Ridgeback 4
    10 Champion dragons: Dueler 12, Rainbow Sentinel 15, Stalwart 11, Glasswing 12, Light Mother 10, Huntress 10, The Dark One 10, Amazon 10, Harmony Knight 10, Mithril 9
    6/13 Zodiac Dragons (Leo, Gemini, Aries, Aquarius, Cancer, Taurus)
    Newest Dragons: Ridgeback, Basilisk, Healer, Owl, Sulfur, Greek, Tricrown, Glider, Crusader, Beastmaster

Nightclub Owner
    Finished Chapter 1, waiting for Chapter 2 to start
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons
    - 12/13 Gold producing dragons
    - 19/20 Diamond dragons (All LV15)

Rhino Keeper
    FYI: Zodiac dragons make black gem stones. I traded a bunch during all my Libra fails. TO me they are easier to breed than night.

Host(ess)
    Wait until auto start, too many events going on , need a break, may sit out of this event.

Farm Supplier
    Is there any updates as to what the mid- level chapters are? Thank you.

How in the world do y'all build up your food in between Tales?? Also is it me, or are they coming about every 10 days to 2 weeks now with tournaments and leaderboards running simultaneously? I could have sworn they were once a month when I first started playing about 6-7 months ago. I don't have room on my island for more habitats, and I don't have the coins to clear the 800,000 coin trees that I have expanded to due to trying to build up some food to complete the Tales. Now that I have to do the high level Tales (level 96) it is extremely difficult, if not impossible, for me to complete without spending a lot of gold on trying to get more food. I think I'm out on this one (and the next one if I can't build up my food stores). I can't even raise up my other dragons at all due to the extreme food shortages.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by LadySilverWolf View Post
    How in the world do y'all build up your food in between Tales?? Also is it me, or are they coming about every 10 days to 2 weeks now with tournaments and leaderboards running simultaneously? I could have sworn they were once a month when I first started playing about 6-7 months ago. I don't have room on my island for more habitats, and I don't have the coins to clear the 800,000 coin trees that I have expanded to due to trying to build up some food to complete the Tales. Now that I have to do the high level Tales (level 96) it is extremely difficult, if not impossible, for me to complete without spending a lot of gold on trying to get more food. I think I'm out on this one (and the next one if I can't build up my food stores). I can't even raise up my other dragons at all due to the extreme food shortages.
    How to build up food: Only feed dragons on Tuesdays and Fridays after the event start time, and do not let your food total dip below 50,000 (unless feeding during a tales). I always have more than 100,000 food at the start day of an event by using this strategy. If the event is not food intensive, I feed whatever dragons I like. If it's a tales, I save my food for the dragons in the tales. During the tales, I boost my food supply by planting 10 minute crops while watching primetime tv.

This allows me to have enough food for tales, and even allows me to feed some of the other dragons on my island. (For those events for which evolving is needed, I only feed on Tuesday/Friday the lower dragons up to evolving age to have as many ready to evolve as possible. I usually have a few from an event that I've forgotten and left at level 4!)

Quote Originally Posted by FieldsLikeB View Post
    Since Storm 8 has chosen in its infinite wisdom not to listen to high level players about needing a way to get food for tales and because the dragons are of zero interest I and my fellow seniors with four accounts won't be participating.

I would like to see an opt out button for events. I don't think I should have to be reminded of events I'm not interested in six times a day.
    Same. Would like an opt-out button for the Bingo game which holds no interest for me since so many of the tasks are literally impossible at high level (clear a this-or-that? Haven't encountered one that needed clearing in years!) I've tried the renew feature, but always get the same task again. Wish it would just go away.

Sitting out this tales as well after day 2. Just such overload lately, plus the game took 500 gold from me right before the bingo game first came out, and no response at all to my email inquiry. So frustrated lately, may just delete altogether.

Lightbulb

I missed out on quite a few of the final prize dragons until I could build up my food supplies.

For me, I don't find 100,000 food to be enough - I need around 200,000 before starting a Tales.
    And yes, that is ridiculous

I only plant Diamondates, but if you can play more often and plant Rushrooms that helps.
    But of course that's expensive too!
    Last edited by zaccy678; 10-29-16 at 01:00 AM.

Not just you, events have gotten bad in the past year. I appreciated the once a month events because we could actually build food up for the tales and still evolve a few select dragons - this was just after 11-15 levels were introduced, which raised food prices for even past dragons prior to level 10. Once a month was just enough to keep things interesting, and we had more than enough time to build food up. Then we had every other week events, alternating between tales and world events. Still doable, but this was when they started reducing our free gold and making tales harder (more food requirements, mostly). But we could still make enough food for tales, and maybe feed one of our battle arena dragons a few times. Then they started the very frequent tales, increasing the levels we needed to get the dragons to (meaning more food) and the past two tales they even increased the skip feeding to level 14 for the first dragon from about 78 gold to 150.
    I actually have time during the day to sit there and repeatedly plant, harvest, and replant upgrapes all day and I still barely make enough food to complete the tales (prior to the past two times I skipped feeding to lvl 14 so I could partially level one of my battle arena dragons) and have a bit left over. But the rewards aren't even worth what you spend on feeding the tales dragons even more. 26,000 food (what you get this event) is nothing compared to what you spend to level up the two dragons. The price of gold to skip feeding to level 14 is wayyyy too high now, and we don't even get gold as rewards anymore.
    But the easiest way to make the most amount of food is to set timers, and plant depending on your free time. You can make a lot more food in an hour by planting upgrapes repeatedly compared to one round of rushrooms. You can also make a heck of a lot more food by repeatedly planting upgrapes for 5 hours compared to planting one round of diamondates. If you only have time to check once an hour then plant rushrooms, you'll make a bit less than double compared to planting one round of diamondates. Mix and match depending on the free time you have and what time you're actually willing to spend on the game.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast