Thread: Need help on game tips for non-English speakers

Rhino Keeper

Need help on game tips for non-English speakers

Because you are all wonderful, amazing and friendly players I'm hoping you can give me a hand with this one!

I had a new player (lvl 10) post on my wall today, from Spain who doesn't speak or understand English asking for help and tips on how to get on with Castle Story. Which I'm more than happy to do, but it got me thinking about a guide for those players who can't speak English and I'm assuming that the forum would be of no help to them. Even if they google translate, they're not going to be able to interact with us

So, what I'm wondering is if it's possible to somehow put together a condensed guide so that we can help these players in the future? (And if there is one lurking around, or I've posted this in the wrong place, feel free to point me to it, because I've a habit of missing things like this lmao!).

But what would be the most important things to do/get to get on with the storyline?

I've asked for the point in the storyline that they're at so I can try help there, but figured it might help to have something lurking around the place with some game tips (for the game generally or for goals!) that could be translated as and when the need arises for anyone else who might have a similar situation in the future!

Thank you in advance!

If I knew/wrote French or Spanish fluently I'd be all over this!
    Hopefully someone can help
    How many frogs does it take to screw in a light bulb?
    One frog and 37 light bulbs, slippery hands, ya know.

Can't remember? Guidelines from The Hub on: Tree Types, Growing Animals, and Beast Spawns & Drops!
    Stuck on a particular goal? Fantastic resource -> A-Z Goal List <-Try here (ty Dabag!)

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    just had a look in fan links forum again, but there is nothing for CS. One of our players has their own fan page in Korean and do a brilliant job. Can you run the story guide through a translation program I wonder? would it be accurate or in context? interesting conundrum!

Rhino Keeper
    See, I did originally go to google translate with the help of the storyline guides, but I didn't find the actual translation accurate at all! I'm pretty fluent in Spanish I don't mind doing the translation work 'cause it's good for me to keep my hand in haha and I'll happily post it up once I'm done with it. It's just going to take me a little while!

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Yes, I've tried translating filters and they are not that great. They are good enough to give you the gist of the words only. What is the language of the game that your level 10 player is using?

I'll do some ground work on the best approach on this and seek advice from S8 and let you know.
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 10-28-16 at 04:10 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    I've just asked, stupidly that wasn't one of the questions I thought to ask them lol!
    Edit: Their game is in English

Thanks SW! I figure this is a rare thing, but if we can help others with the game it'll be worth it at least.
    Last edited by aurora171; 10-28-16 at 05:06 AM.

Fashion Designer comeseecomesah's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aurora171 View Post
    I've just asked, stupidly that wasn't one of the questions I thought to ask them lol!
    Edit: Their game is in English

Thanks SW! I figure this is a rare thing, but if we can help others with the game it'll be worth it at least.
    How about your nbr posting in Spanish on the 'add me thread' and say doesn't speak English, then at least some Spanish speaking people may want to add your nbr and help out until another solution may be found.

Rhino Keeper
    That's a brilliant idea!! Thank you so much, I shall suggest it to them now and hope that it helps them out!