Page 86 of 122 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story : 10/20 Update - Spooky Hollow Event | 10/20 - 11/02

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    sorry guys, I thought I found them all! All fixed, there should be no more references to Sleepy Hollow! It's the forest and trees syndrome! oh well, I'm only human!
    YOU'RE HUMAN????? Another myth busted. So disappointed.
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 10-27-16 at 08:16 PM. Reason: I had to throw you off track somehow! Seems like it worked!

Fashion Designer comeseecomesah's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by meme1098 View Post
    Did you force close? The game runs in the background, even restarting the device. A force close will get you a new connection to S8's server when you next open the game.
    I've seen several info on connecting to server.... visit nbr or community or go into market or go to nbr or community list after an important action.
    Also I read what you say about game runs in background even when restarting device *sigh*, I thought that was how to force close,but obviously not. I'm Android and doing the thing of double tapping and swiping up n off screen takes me to other places lol. Sooo any idea how I can darn well sinc so I don't delay nbrs requests, and also make sure I don't get rollback after an important action?
    Today I sent steel withing 2 minutes of it being requested then carried on playing, visiting etc, then closed and went to other kingdom. When I came back the same request was there saying requested an hr before. This same thing happened in the last event too.
    I'd very much appreciate some concrete info on this from someone when free time available.

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    How do I force close on Android:

Open the Settings app.
    Choose Apps.
    On some Samsung phones, touch the General tab atop the Settings app screen, and then choose the Application Manager item.
    Touch the Running tab to view only active or running apps, or you can swipe the screen to the left until the Running tab appears.
    Choose the app that's causing you distress. For example, a program might not stop or might say that it's busy or has another issue.
    Touch the Stop or Force Stop button.
    The program stops.

(I've added this to the Hub post - above, not the picture! ha!)

kattkrazie, this is for you... "M" is for Mod!
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 10-27-16 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by comeseecomesah View Post
    I've seen several info on connecting to server.... visit nbr or community or go into market or go to nbr or community list after an important action.
    Also I read what you say about game runs in background even when restarting device *sigh*, I thought that was how to force close,but obviously not. I'm Android and doing the thing of double tapping and swiping up n off screen takes me to other places lol. Sooo any idea how I can darn well sinc so I don't delay nbrs requests, and also make sure I don't get rollback after an important action?
    Today I sent steel withing 2 minutes of it being requested then carried on playing, visiting etc, then closed and went to other kingdom. When I came back the same request was there saying requested an hr before. This same thing happened in the last event too.
    I'd very much appreciate some concrete info on this from someone when free time available.
    For Android you can press the back button (lower right corner) to get the "Do you want to quit" screen or press the lower left corner to see all the running programs and press the X in upper right corner of the Castle Story window to force close. If you click the castle story app and get the loading screen you should be good.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    How do I force close on Android:

Open the Settings app.
    Choose Apps.
    On some Samsung phones, touch the General tab atop the Settings app screen, and then choose the Application Manager item.
    Touch the Running tab to view only active or running apps, or you can swipe the screen to the left until the Running tab appears.
    Choose the app that's causing you distress. For example, a program might not stop or might say that it's busy or has another issue.
    Touch the Stop or Force Stop button.
    The program stops.

(I've added this to the Hub post)
    Thank you speedy ☆ I'v been there before ages ago and when tapping 'force stop' it says force stop may cause errors, and it scared me lol so I didn't do it. Besides, I thought it was something different to what I needed to do. Now I have it from you I'm no longer scared and I will take the leeeeeap of faith. Thank you.
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 10-27-16 at 08:22 PM. Reason: :) anytime! (besides, I borrowed that text from the main thread, so it will work!)

Quote Originally Posted by rleethalme View Post
    For Android you can press the back button (lower right corner) to get the "Do you want to quit" screen or press the lower left corner to see all the running programs and press the X in upper right corner of the Castle Story window to force close. If you click the castle story app and get the loading screen you should be good.
    Thanks for your reply. That's what I have been doing up to now (as it DOES say close app or close all) but I read in earlier post that closing game still has game running in background. I have reply above from SW saying I need to go to app manager to FORCE CLOSE. I'd like it to be the easier way like you say and the way I'v been doing it lol

Quote Originally Posted by comeseecomesah View Post
    Thanks for your reply. That's what I have been doing up to now (as it DOES say close app or close all) but I read in earlier post that closing game still has game running in background. I have reply above from SW saying I need to go to app manager to FORCE CLOSE. I'd like it to be the easier way like you say and the way I'v been doing it lol
    It has always worked for me as it makes my phone reconnect to the server, but you can do it the "hard way" if you want

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    If that is easier than what is the main thread and it works, I'll use your text instead! thanks for posting! It seems like there are always a few ways to do the same task.

Rhino Keeper
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2016-10-28-10-15-59.png 
Views:	111 
Size:	916.3 KB 
ID:	34206

No pets drop for me. Even from the last storybook. And no lucky drop from any monsters... Think that My ID have such a bad luck... anyway.. spooky gate, tower, wall, path i got from spooky hollow adventure and my best drop (sigh) pumpkin hutch from normal adventure in the haunted keep.

Please S8... increase my luck drop pleasee...

Quote Originally Posted by rleethalme View Post
    It has always worked for me as it makes my phone reconnect to the server, but you can do it the "hard way" if you want
    Lol well I thought it was working for me til I read app still runs. I am no way tech savvy. More manual labour than brain labour haa