Page 103 of 122 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1217

Thread: Castle Story : 10/20 Update - Spooky Hollow Event | 10/20 - 11/02

Rhino Keeper
    I have been busy at school and did not check on the forum for a while and TL never prompted me to download the new Halloween version of Castle Story and now I see there is this awesome event going on that I totally missed. I am so sad and disappointed. No way I can now do it all in 3 days. I wish TL would at least prompt you to download a new version even if not giving gems if it is required for a new story line. 😢
    Last edited by akocek; 10-29-16 at 01:53 PM. Reason: Forgot

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by bravewarrior View Post
    I got a bunch of material requests for metal and decided to see what was going on. I'm on a Android and I don't have this event showing up! I was wondering why this game was so lame for the past two weeks with nothing happening
    You need to install the new version of the game. Its in the play store. Its just called Castle Story, but when you open it, its called CS Halloween. The icon is the boy holding a pumpkin (dark blue background)

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by FridayFarms View Post
    So there's an automatic fail built into this event?

Eta: I thought you could send as many as you wanted, but could only receive 20 responses per day back.
    No, not an automatic fail. At the risk of getting into the weeds on this issue, here goes. You can send out multiple requests. When one of your neighbors logs into their game, there's an exchange of info between your game, their game and the server. If you have not received your 20 responses yet, that neighbor will receive your request. If you have received your limit, they will not see the request. The problem for some players is when they send requests to inactive neighbors. But that's not even a problem if at least 20 of your neighbors are active and will receive your requests. The game more than likely has a dedicated database for processing the back and forth of requests.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by VersaceMorrow View Post
    I have about 250 neighbors, that's not the problem. Only 20 requests per day get sent. If any one of those 20 doesn't respond, you have to wait until the next day to get more responses.
    Quote Originally Posted by FridayFarms View Post
    So there's an automatic fail built into this event?
    Eta: I thought you could send as many as you wanted, but could only receive 20 responses per day back.
    Whatever is the correct version.. the fact states, as numerous complaints we can read, many players who have sent out adequate requests.. don't receive all their 20 answers the same day.
    To be sure, I send out requests one by one.. to who has just sent to me. This way I know for sure they're playing at that precise moment.
    BUT.. this works for those who started the first day, not for those who started later. It would not be a sure method as requests may be left overs from the day before.
    💞  ⚔TSS⚔#74

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonVillage3 View Post
    Whatever is the correct version.. the fact states, as numerous complaints we can read, many players who have sent out adequate requests.. don't receive all their 20 answers the same day.
    To be sure, I send out requests one by one.. to who has just sent to me. This way I know for sure they're playing at that precise moment.
    BUT.. this works for those who started the first day, not for those who started later. It would not be a sure method as requests may be left overs from the day before.
    Sorry, not trying to be contentious. Just letting players know not to give up hope. The game developers do not hate us and try to trip us up. Peace out, neighbor.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by kattkrazie View Post
    No, not an automatic fail. At the risk of getting into the weeds on this issue, here goes. You can send out multiple requests. When one of your neighbors logs into their game, there's an exchange of info between your game, their game and the server. If you have not received your 20 responses yet, that neighbor will receive your request. If you have received your limit, they will not see the request. The problem for some players is when they send requests to inactive neighbors. But that's not even a problem if at least 20 of your neighbors are active and will receive your requests. The game more than likely has a dedicated database for processing the back and forth of requests.
    That's pretty much how I understood it, but not what was said earlier in the thread. Thanks.

There's still a question of whether the requests were received or the responses lost due to the server issues earlier, which really impacts these time sensitive quests.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by kattkrazie View Post
    Sorry, not trying to be contentious. Just letting players know not to give up hope. The game developers do not hate us and try to trip us up. Peace out, neighbor.
    I agree with you Katt.. developers not against us.. but requesting is a system that needs its time.. better not to be used in timed events. Normal events are fine and also a way of knowing if players are active
    💞  ⚔TSS⚔#74

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by happyhoppa View Post
    Is anyone else having trouble connecting? My game crashed about 1/2 hour ago and keeps failing to load; right in the middle of slaying those 50 werebeasts! Other games / apps are fine, so it's NOT a problem with my connection, despite the message saying it's an on-line game..
    The same thing is happening to me, and I'm on chapter 8. It took me 3 hours to visit 20 kingdoms. Really frustrating...

Is anyone else having trouble connecting? My game crashed about 1/2 hour ago and keeps failing to load; right in the middle of slaying those 50 werebeasts! Other games / apps are fine, so it's NOT a problem with my connection, despite the message saying it's an on-line game..

Yes, I have trouble with connecting.

1/2 hour ago? My game crashed yesterday at 6 PM (GMT) - now is 23:45 (GMT) am and still does not work. That means 30 hours out of order!
    This is not funny goal :-/

Rhino Keeper
    I just finished and have Morgaine flying around in my kingdom. I even have 8h35m left and can go to sleep knowing she is alright.

This would not have been possible without the help of this thread. Chapeau for all contributors.

Lucky for me there were no server problems here. Looks like it was affecting Dragon story players too. What's wrong with the S8 servers?
    Last edited by Andro45; 10-29-16 at 03:48 PM. Reason: Added link