Page 100 of 122 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1217

Thread: Castle Story : 10/20 Update - Spooky Hollow Event | 10/20 - 11/02

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by VersaceMorrow View Post
    Especially having the neighbor request towards the end of the event..... it should really be much earlier so you have time to catch up when not all 20 respond on the same day. Or, don't have 20. Have 15 neighbors required so that you can send out a few more than you need on the same day. I am a day behind now because of that, still adventuring to Spooky Hollow for the end of chapter 9 on day 10. I will probably have to speed up some of the last 6 adventures if I really want the floating witch. I don't know if I will, the 5 werebeasts I got from all the slaying are a lot more helpful... prime cuts without maxing on milk.
    Hi, do you know about the add me thread? I don't know how I paste the link here, but if you go to page 1, the link will be right under SpiritWind00's description of Chapter 8 I have 182 neighbors and sent out request to all of them, I got 40 haunted steel back So there was actually 142 neighbors who didn't respond. My point is, if you really like to participate on events like I do, you should add more neighbors

Fashion Designer
    i have had huge issues logging into castle story today, everything else is fine, just castle story doesnt seem to connect to the server. anyone else having that issue?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by pieandcream View Post
    i have had huge issues logging into castle story today, everything else is fine, just castle story doesnt seem to connect to the server. anyone else having that issue?
    Just posted my difficulties.. post #990. Really don't think it's an appropriate day to have S8 connection problems!
    Last edited by MoonVillage3; 10-29-16 at 06:18 AM.
    💞  ⚔TSS⚔#74

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
    I put out a handful of extra farmhouses to a total of seven, and got all the straw I needed in less than 4 visits, so under half an hour. Broom is now brewing.

This particular storybook has been odd, having patches that needed you to sit on the device and burn through energy ( usually at the most inconvenient moment) and then long patches of inactivity while things crafted.

I assume part of the point of the spooky keep in the early October game was to enable players to still have ordinary, albeit slower, quests going during the storybook. And the rock chopping set us up for coal for the wisps, and the spooky castle and the witchy quests both drop stuff like teeth, while the were beasts (after all those trees I have a Wolf pack of them) drop prime cut. I'd say this has been very carefully thought out. My only complaint is the continued use of neighbour requests in timed goals when both we and S8 know the infrastructure can't handle it. I was fairly lucky, others not so. I've used a few gems along the way but only to support my complicated lifestyle when I needed something speeded up - and lo and behold not one but two installation offers today, offering 14 gems each, pretty well restocking what I've used. Well organised, S8.

If I had a personal complaint it would be that I personally have a superfluity of spooky towers and insufficient walls ( though I've found if you set them side by side they hold hands) and not a hint of a spooky pet. Maybe the Power of the Post will change that. I can survive if not.
    I agree with you that the quests seemed very well-thought-out to work together. Like the friendly ghost dropped earth with and I got Living wood from the spooky tree which was a prize from an adventure. I have about 11 hours left for morgaine and I am pretty pleased and had fun. Managed to get everything. Even the mummy kitten I was missing from last year. Well. Not everything. I am still waiting on the skelecorn to pop up on my Barron's tent. Maybe power of the post will work for me too!!!

New Resident

Unhappy Frustrated

Quote Originally Posted by WindermereBakery View Post
    I was just thinking earlier today that this whole year has been one event after another, and I'm sure we will have one or two just for Thanksgiving and the same for Christmas. I am still two years behind just on the regular goals, and I am super burned out having to watch the clock all the time and stress out trying to finish all these events. We need some time to spend with our families over the holidays and time to relax and enjoy the game again without it being a job. It's become tempting to quit playing totally.
    YES!! I'm a working mom of 2 and I can't sit on my phone all day every day. All these timed events are taking the fun out of playing for me.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonVillage3 View Post
    Something happened to my game too.
    Last night before sleep I sent off last Adventure to be collected my early morning before 9am as I usually do.. I did notice timer saying 1day left.. but didn't worry much as I know I'm on-time.
    Early morning having coffee I opened game. Alas! Last Adventure was NOT sent out and see 2days left. I know positively I did send Adventure out, seems it did not register.
    My Forum too was not loading properly either.. as had pictures to load and forum answers ready to post but just could not get through. I even saw Fornum page in Plain Text.. with no colors.

Knowing today, Day10 was a time-squeezed in day for the Event.. I did gem the last Adventure so as not to start late. Collecting HauntedHay after I had a hard time to keep game on to register what was collected. And requests that arrived and I answered I did see repeat in names.. loading again.

Finally I'm able to catch up, but it's afternoon 2pm! We have our hours counted to the last minutes available.. which experience has taught me to finish a little before time actually expires.. to be safe.
    I sadly predict other gem use, and hope I'm wrong. And it's not my wifi that's acting up.. but S8 server. I have also use of a portable wifi just in case home-wifi doesn't work and both wifis gave the exact same results in loading difficulties.

It has been on time each timed-goals, this happened to me the first time ...
    S8 overloaded server? I still do not can play CS - now for 22 hours. During the timed-goal CS does not work for so long - a problem so long?! My internet is OK.
    Should I be afraid the next timed-goal that will become the same? Especially Christmas or New Year's Eve, which is likely to be many candidates for such a goal? I do not want such a surprise during a timed-goal - I give my time for goal, and not my fault I can not finish it?

Farm Supplier
    This looked like a fun event and one which was just possible with good planning in advance, but the server is either down again or blocked up with too many users. We need a lighter last day to catch up or an improved server. Please S8 don't set up a 10 day event that is too demanding for your server. It really just takes the fun out of what is (yes really) a game.

Not looking forward to tomorrow when I will need 20 responses from neighbours, many of whom are in US so play much later in the day than those of us in UK, where reset is 8 am.
    Arrg we put the clocks back tonight!

Rhino Keeper
    I got a bunch of material requests for metal and decided to see what was going on. I'm on a Android and I don't have this event showing up! I was wondering why this game was so lame for the past two weeks with nothing happening

Rhino Keeper
    Wasted 2 days waiting for the spooky steel andnow i have 16 hrs left and i am at level 8 with 3 trip of 2hrs each. This sucks because i would need to use a bunch of gems that i dont have to finish on time. A few times the server was not working and couldn't load the game. Grrrr we need more time this is just crazy. Once again.... NONE OF THOSE TIMED EVENT SHOULD ASK FOR NEIGHBORS HELP ON DAY 8. People are not reliable and i wated 2 days for response. Not fair

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by ginourmous View Post
    Wasted 2 days waiting for the spooky steel andnow i have 16 hrs left and i am at level 8 with 3 trip of 2hrs each. This sucks because i would need to use a bunch of gems that i dont have to finish on time. A few times the server was not working and couldn't load the game. Grrrr we need more time this is just crazy. Once again.... NONE OF THOSE TIMED EVENT SHOULD ASK FOR NEIGHBORS HELP ON DAY 8. People are not reliable and i wated 2 days for response. Not fair
    It's not that your neighbours aren't reliable,they probably did not receive the request as the S8 servers were struggling under all the requests (not a player fault at all).
    As an example I received 5 requests for steel up to 20 hours after they were sent.

Not a good idea to have the neighbour requests in a timed event at all.