Page 1 of 116 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story : 10/20 Update - Spooky Hollow Event | 10/20 - 11/02

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar

Castle Story : 10/20 Update - Spooky Hollow Event | 10/20 - 11/02

Spooky Hollow Storybook event - timed and optional
    Grand Prize: Morgaine. Morgaine is like Zabrina (She will fly in your kingdom)

[==Update requires Level 15+ minimum game version 1.6, and is live from 10/20 until 11/02 @ 12:00 AM. Once started, you will have 10 days to complete the event. The event will automatically start on 10/23 @ 12:00 PM==] - SparklyOctopus

Time zone converter: compare where you are with California
    What happens when an event finishes?? Click here to take you to a post called How Community Events Work in the Hub.

Pictures from ShibuyaCloth: click here!

Note: All off topic posts will be moved to the right thread or removed from this thread. Any bugs/issues must be reported in the Bugs Forum and NOT in thread. thanks, SW

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	5035 
Size:	124.4 KB 
ID:	34076

Tips from players (and me!)
    1. It's not that you have one day to complete a chapter - it's that another chapter won't UNLOCK until the next day.
    2. If you finish the chapter early, you have to wait for the remainder of the time to expire before the next chapter starts. You have to complete a chapter to begin the next chapter.
    3. If you take longer than a day to complete a chapter then the next one will start sooner.
    4. If you gem skip a chapter, the next one doesn't start sooner (you will wait even longer!).

Journey to Spooky Hollow Adventure
    Adventure Requirement: 10 witch's dust, 3 earth wisps | Castle only: 2 hours
    Adventure Requirement for Lower Leveled players (level 34 and under): 7 witch's dust, 2 earth wisps
    Drops: coin, sap, bones, spooky wall, mummy kitten, vampire puppy, pumpkin pup, haunted path, creep tooth, living wood, spooky tower, spooky gate, halloween banner, haystack, Witch Kitten, Spooky Scarecrow, and Spooky Tree

New in the Market:
    Haunted Cottage limited to Town Building cap
    TOWN BUILDING
    Cost: 1,000 coins
    Size: 2x2
    Collection time: 4 hours
    You can have 40 Town buildings. The number of each of these buildings you can have is limited to your total town building count. (Updated June 2015)

Ivy's Cauldron limit of 1 Cannot be sold
    CRAFTING BUILDING
    Info: A crafting building for summoning spooky pets
    Cost: 500 coins
    Size: 2x2
    Build: comes fully built
    What can you craft?
    For the Spooky Hollow Event:
    Remove the Curse - 3 hours - 1 cursed compass, 5 witch's dust, 5 earth wisp
    Witch's Potion - 2 hours - 75 water, 75 orange petal, 50 mermaid scales

For the Spooky Event:
    Wistful Ghost - 10 minutes - 100 Spirit Essence (5 gems each)
    Friendly Werewolf - 10 minutes - 100 Werewolf Pelts (5 gems each)
    Lonely Mummy - 10 minutes - 100 Mummy Wrappings (5 gems each)
    Wily Werebeast - 10 minutes - Cursed Fur (5 gems each)

Inventory Items:
    Spooky trap
    Info: This is sure to draw a spooky monster out from hiding! Chop to lure a Ghost, Werewolf, or Mummy
    Found: market, 10 gems
    Uses: 1 chop to lure a Ghost, Werewolf, or Mummy monster

Werebeast trap
    Info: Chop to lure a Werebeast.
    Found: market, 10 gems
    Uses: 1 chop to lure a werebeast only

Map piece 0/99
    Info: A piece of map.
    Found: jewelers, cottages
    Uses: item to give to Ivy

Witch's Dust 0/99
    Info: A Wickedly pretty sparkling dust.
    Found: dead trees
    Uses: item in Spooky Hollow adventure

Cursed Compass 0/99
    Info: A compass with an eerie spell on it.
    Found: reward from Chapter 2, goal 2
    Uses: item in craft 'Remove the Curse'

Lantern Frame 0/99
    Info: A frame used to make a Cursed Lantern.
    Crafted: Ivy's Cauldron, 4 hours - 20 haunted steel, 50 iron ore, 60 silver
    Uses: item in Cursed Lantern

Ghost orb 0/99
    Info: Glowing ghost orbs that emit a spooky light!
    Found: watchtowers, lantern spires
    Uses: item in Haunted Lantern
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 10-28-16 at 02:24 AM.

Rhino Keeper

Castle Story: 10/20 Update - Spooky Hollow (storybook)

Storybook event

Chapter 1:
    Part 1. Visit a cottage
    Part 2. Visit a jewelers
    Part 3. Give 10 map pieces to Ivy.
    (Find these at jewelers & cottages)
    [from meme1098]

Chapter 2:
    Part 1. Visit 2 Libraries
    Part 2. Chop dead trees for 5 dust
    Part 3. Craft remove the curse in Ivy's Cauldron (3 hours)
    [from dragongold1]

looks like an elf witch as a grand prize
    Last edited by bwunderbach; 10-20-16 at 12:33 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    Not just a witch an Elf Witch(see the pointy ears)

WARNING: The ability to collect Witch Dust goes away each day AFTER you collect from the final Adventure(and adventure goes away as well).

So if you want to get ahead on Witch Dust, max it out or collect as much as you need at least for next couple of days BEFORE you collect from last Adventure.

Here is the strategy to give yourself the best possible chance of completing this event with minimal or no gem usage if your schedule allows the time needed to implement... Hope it helps!

1) Look ahead based on carefully reading info in post 2 and obtain all items needed and level up all buildings and have the ready to collect ahead of time. Use all energy/time between chapters to first get the required items and prepare the right level buildings.

2) The Key resources are
    Witch's Dust and Earth Wisps. You will need approximately 305 Dust in this event with a max of 99 in inventory at any one time. So as early in the game as possible, after preparing all other items needed a day or 2 in advance, try to stockpile 99 Witch's Dust and keep Earth Wisps as full as possible. Each time you send an adventure out, immediately collect the 10 Witch's Dust needed to replenish the ones you used for the adventure. BEFORE collecting the last adventure of the day replenish the Dust to 99.

3) Stockpile every "storeable" form of energy as is possible for day 7... You will need as much energy as possible available to defeat 50 werebeasts on that day. This energy that should be kept for day 7 includes energy boxes, fairy elixir(max out the needed ingredients to craft on day 7). Also have any 7 day Ali's and horses ready collect on day 7. Try to time any (4-100) 1 day Alis to be ready early on day 7 and use them first so they are recharging for the next day. Also make sure to collect from the Wizard schools as soon as they are available throughout the day.

4) Use day 5 as a preview of day 7 since you battle 25 werebeasts then... Try to
    ONLY
    use 1 day Alis and Wizard schools for energy on day 5 and do not break into your other energy reserves.

5) Don't despair if you don't think day 7 is doable in one day... If it rolls over into day 8 it appears you'll be able to recover the time and catch up on day 8.

6). If you survive day 7(and 8 and 9) map out your strategy for day 10 to allow you to collect the needed straw as fast as possible(have as many farm houses as is possible) and start the craft early... Then figure out how to get the final 6 adventures collected... If you can't collect every 2 hours you will have to speed up the adventures... No other way around it.
    Each adventure costs 50 gems per adventure to skip OR 16 Gems to speed up once sent.

I hope this info helps!

Ps: Here''s my plan for collecting Witch's Dust front loading as much as possible:

Chapter/ Use This Chapter/ Collect this Chapter/ On Hand at Beginning of This Chapter

2 15 15 0

3 20 119 0

4 20 20 99

5 40 40 99

6 50 50 99

7 40 40 99

8 30 21 99

9 30 0 90

10 60 0 60
    Last edited by netwiz3; 10-23-16 at 06:54 AM.
    🐲 ⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️ Proud member (#73) of the Thuakie Sword Society ⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️ 🐲

Wielder of the Mighty Sword of Fire & Ice 🗨⌨🐲⌨{🏟}======🔷=======>

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by netwiz3 View Post
    Not just a witch an Elf Witch(see the pointy ears)
    Corrected. Thanks, Netwiz!

Rhino Keeper

Ps: Here''s my plan for collecting Witch's Dust front loading as much as possible:

Chapter/ Use This Chapter/ Build this Chapter/ On Hand at Beginning of Chapter

2 15 15 0

3 20 119 0

4 20 20 99

5 40 40 99

6 50 50 99

7 40 40 99

8 30 21 99

9 30 0 90

10 60 0 60[/COLOR][/SIZE]

I'm sorry but I'm a little confuse. Whats the difference between use this chapter and built this chapter? And on hand at beginning at chapter meaning beginning X chapter or the X+1 chapter? For example.

8 30 21 99

Is that mean at chapter 8 you have 99 witch dust. You use 30 for adventure. And 21 to built what? And if you use 30 plus 21. It means you have 48 after. In case you dont chop dead trees again. Am I rigth?

And at chapter 10, You have 0 witch dust left.

Please correct me.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Irma_Isle View Post
    I'm sorry but I'm a little confuse. Whats the difference between use this chapter and built this chapter? And on hand at beginning at chapter meaning beginning X chapter or the X+1 chapter? For example.

8 30 21 99

Is that mean at chapter 8 you have 99 witch dust. You use 30 for adventure. And 21 to built what? And if you use 30 plus 21. It means you have 48 after. In case you dont chop dead trees again. Am I rigth?

Please correct me.
    This is a plan how netwiz suggests to keep up with the Witch Dust supply needed for the 10 Chapters of Spooky Hollow.

8 30 21 99
    8... is the chapter
    30... is what will be needed for this chapter
    21... is what will have to be collected
    99... is the max total netwiz suggests to keep in stock to easily finish Chapter10 without lacking any.
    0's would mean they are finished or you don't need anymore
    Hope that helps
    Last edited by MoonVillage3; 10-23-16 at 06:29 AM.
    💞  ⚔TSS⚔#74

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonVillage3 View Post
    This is a plan how netwiz suggests to keep up with the Witch Dust supply needed for the 10 Chapters of Spooky Hollow.

8 30 21 99
    8... is the chapter
    30... is what will be needed
    21... is what will have to be collected
    99... is the max total netwiz suggests to keep in stock to easily finish Chapter10 without lacking any.
    Hope that helps
    In Chapter 5 & 7 you will have to spawn so many werebeast that with all the wood chopping you will be maxed in no time. Unless you go down the gem path, there indeed you better keep up the stock.
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Irma_Isle View Post

8 30 21 99

Please correct me.
    A little confusing I know... formatting all got stripped out... I also changed the headings just now to hopefully make them clearer...

For day 8...

You have 99 starting the day, then you use 30 based on that days goals, and BEFORE you collect the last adventure you collect 21 more. That will give you 90 left to start day 9 with. So you are totally done collecting witch's dust on days 9 and 10 because you already have all you will need. You will end day 10 with 0 witches dust after completing everything if you follow this plan.
    Last edited by netwiz3; 10-23-16 at 11:26 AM.
    🐲 ⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️ Proud member (#73) of the Thuakie Sword Society ⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️ 🐲

Wielder of the Mighty Sword of Fire & Ice 🗨⌨🐲⌨{🏟}======🔷=======>

Rhino Keeper
    A little confusing I know... formatting all got stripped out... I also changed the headings just now to hopefully make them clearer...

For day 8...

You have 99 starting the day, then you use 30 based on that days goals, and BEFORE you collect the last adventure you collect 21 more. That will give you 80 left to start day 9 with. So you are totally done collecting witch's dust on days 9 and 10 because you already have all you will need. You will end day 10 with 0 witches dust after completing everything if you follow this plan.
    I thought we needed 90 on days 9 and 10? 30 (3 quests) on day 9 and 60 (6 quests) on day 10. Am I misreading?

Rhino Keeper

For day 8...

You have 99 starting the day, then you use 30 based on that days goals, and BEFORE you collect the last adventure you collect 21 more. That will give you 80 left to start day 9 with. So you are totally done collecting witch's dust on days 9 and 10 because you already have all you will need. You will end day 10 with 0 witches dust after completing everything if you follow this plan.
    Aahhhh I see now. Thank you. And also to MoonVillage3 for explanation. And ShibuyaCloth, yeah. I forget that we have ti slay many werebeast that chapter.

Now my strategy is only chop for witch dust that needed for my current chapter because I will max it when chapter 5. Thank you.

Page 1 of 116 123451151101 ... LastLast