Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: I stopped caring

Banned
    I've been reading through some of the threads around here and it's really amazing how all you guys get no comments out of them. Lots of wow while reading lol. Doesn't the devs or staff of an application usually get involved and take input from their users to add or better the game for the people using it? I'm curious, I thought it's usually like that

I strongly agree with you. I started playing this game a year after it came out. I use to get so much stuff and it was fun. Now they're making it really hard for people that can't afford gems. I did quit for a while then came back on, now I'm just getting really annoyed with the game.

Banned
    My internet connection is good, always have been. No other apps "crash" like S8 games...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shar33 View Post
    I've been reading through some of the threads around here and it's really amazing how all you guys get no comments out of them. Lots of wow while reading lol. Doesn't the devs or staff of an application usually get involved and take input from their users to add or better the game for the people using it? I'm curious, I thought it's usually like that
    Once in a great while they do. Most of the time things are just ignored. I'm not going to speculate what some of them do when they read the comments but some may not be good.

Rhino Keeper
    Hi all, I agree with the comments, I even stopped for a while, but started playing again this year. I can see that most of my neighbours also stopped playing since 2014/2015 so I needed to delete a lot to not ask for maps and such every day to inactive pkayers, so I can see that we are definitly not alone with this. I must add though that I never paid real money for anything in any of my storm8 games and I will not in any case, which I think makes it a bit less annoying, but still. You really need to be busy the whole day if not paying anything for gold and even than I will not reach the goal of earning the frostbite dragon.��

well, i hope "your voices count" (c) ... somewhere, lol )))
    in this case i'll put my 5 cents into this.
    totally agree.
    the babysitting way this game turned during last half a year, made it stressful instead of joyful.
    the way it was at least year ago was really optimal: one event per month, one tale per month, and couple of tournaments - that was really good. that was "golden middle" which they definitely overstepped now.
    no leaderbords, no bingo.
    240k food for tales (not 380 like now), collectibles dropping decor + quest for events.
    that was "eatable" and even "tasty".
    now it just makes no sence to continue to put myself into stress.
    if nothing's gonna change, gonna drop it in couple of months.

Hello All. You will see a few pages back that I quit the game as it was just getting too stressful. Well I had a think and have now returned to the game however this time with a totally new game plan - I only play the quests etc I want to. I have totally ditched Bingo. Simply doing this has made the game fun again. I think it is fair to say that it is impossible to play Bingo and still win the other quests etc. The only way is to spend an enormous amount of gold and time. So I have become selective and this has made all the difference. It is telling I think when I look at my bingo leaderboard - there are more and more players at 0 points and many of them are at level 200 like me. So I am back and playing sanely again!

Nightclub Owner
    I also quit Bingo. It's not worth the stress and aggravation. If they eliminated the leaderboard aspect and just let us collect points (cumulatively) at our own pace, it would be a completely different story. The grand prize (of sorts) the gold producing dragon doesn't even give the full 5 bars per day which I find to be rather insulting. Totally not worth the time/energy IMHO.
    Island Name: Amer Island

1883+ Unique Dragons Hatched
    409+ Unique Dragon Eggs in Storage

I am finding that I care less and less with the games I play. They are just not fun anymore. Some of the tasks are impossible if one has a life outside the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Shar33 View Post
    Well, apparently it is
    Seems like they decided to ease a bit:
    tales now take 6 days, 210k food. But give 2 dragons only...
    30rds arena takes 8 days and not 6...

After all, they reduced normal things in favor of not really normal.

I mean, wht we had before, was fair. Arena, tales, collecting events - you cd do yourself, no gold, just planning.

But obviously they suffered from too low income from gold purchasing, so they implemented already 2 features that are totally unfair in terms of users equality:
    - leaderboard
    - bingo

They both are about competition between users, but no equality any more: when you come to leaderboard or bingo in one day since it started and you see that first couple of guys have several thousands of points already... it is perfectly clear that you can only use gold to get there. To get dragon, or tickets, whatever.

I understand, the game is free, and devs sd be rewarded somehow...
    But wd be great if they sort users a bit in case they decided to go this way "of gold" - i'm sure the servers register all gold purchases from each account. So put the spenders in separate groups, and not-spenders in other groups. Let the guys measure their gold between each other, not touching usual players...

Rhino Keeper
    Bingo- I threw that time vampire away. That was the cause of huge stress with me in this game. So I see others are realizing that as chewingthecud mentioned, it interferes with too many other things we need and want to do on our islands. It is a game in itself. I'm playing my way again, tournaments and Tales when I want, and have the food saved. No more resorting to actually purchasing food for a Tales, or paying to skip that part. Leaderboard, I play like normal and will not spend money. It's all so much better this way, at least for me. Do I wish it could not always have 3,4, or 5 icons on the right side of my game- absolutely. I also wish the time between the events was increased as they used to be a treat and something to look forward to. It's definitely a wake up call when you get an alert from your Credit Card company about your recent months iTunes in app purchases. Lesson learned. I'm very happy one of my neighbors returned to the game. This thread does have positivity come out of it Storm8, and I'm glad we are able to keep it open as long as we remain civil. It's nice to have a conversation thread like we used to "back in the day" so thank you for that.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast