Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: I stopped caring

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeChefDad View Post
    Quite true..

I think the algo penalizes the long term player, probably because they know the higher level players arent going to buy anything so why worry about them? I am in that category, I have enough gold to do what I want as I want and when you have played so long the dragons you either have or dont care about too much.

I also agree about the contests..playing against other members is not fun for me so in this current deal I will try to get the habitat and see what else happens..while trying to breed the royal/diamond I dont have. I wont buy the points producing gadget this time, I think they bumped up the vig and it isnt worth it.

I think the core of the game lost its focus when they started majorly pumping out new content and dragons and started upping everything from breeding times to reducing gold (or eliminating) from tournaments etc..

Not much positive for players has come outside the interesting designs and creativity, but it is outweighed by the reducing everything else, raising costs and breed times and competing against others etc...
    Same here regarding gold, I have saved up thousands of gold, but won't be spending them easily when it took me so long to save

It was better in the earlier days when the game gives free gold, so I think you and I both managed to get gold producing dragons for free, but now when there's hardly any free gold, it's a clear sign that we should spend gold wisely
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons
    - 12/13 Gold producing dragons
    - 19/20 Diamond dragons (All LV15)

This was the first S8 game I played quite a few years ago and I loved it. I joined the forums over 4 years ago so was playing before that. I stopped for a while after the Battle option came out. Now, I often forget to play too. The battles make no sense and a Level 1 common dragon can beat a Level 15 Ultra Rare of a type that is supposed to work. The only way to get through the events and breed the correct dragon is by checking the forums but that feels like *****ing and really takes the fun away. The past month, I have been not really caring about a lot of the games.
    Last edited by KadeeDid; 10-18-16 at 08:03 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    Everything here pretty much sums up what I posted in the last event thread. The game has become overwhelming and stressful and doesn't bring me too much joy anymore. I stay because I have 3 loyal friends I trade gold with and because I made a lot of new friends when all this craziness started so we could help each other when required to collect a number of items from friends and they faithfully respond to my requests for maps so I want to be sure to respond to any requests I get as well. Plus the amazing dragons and habitats. But back to back to back events here and on FFS is just too much. I have so many dragons I still need to evolve but can't acquire enough food for everything these days. So I'll try to ignore the pop ups and just play leisurely, working on things I want to work on. I've spent way too much recently trying to keep up with everything. And when you start to dread certain days of the week because of updates in a game it's time to take a step back and either stop playing or change how you're playing so it becomes fun again.

Rhino Keeper
    I agree with most of the sentiments here.
    I do like the Leaderboard time. Why, because it gives me time to growth food and also a chance to spin food all for the Tales. But really this game is a task, not time to enjoy it as they keep a constant stream of events, which I just heard is another Tales in 10 days time! Not time to build up my food stock so unless this is related to the Light vs. Dark theme I will be out of that Tales and nearly totally out of this game as well.

Executive Chef
    I started losing my mind here awhile ago and I've posted often about how it's gone from a super fun game to a chore, a job, work that I pay to do.
    I am glad I'm not the only one who's noticed the older players are ignored. Even if I liked the leaderboard (I do not!) I usually have most of the dragons and the thing that really gets me is seeing dragons I really worked so hard to get be put up as prizes or for sale. Why bother working so hard, I probably will see it as a leaderboard prize or for sale.
    No dragon is special anymore really. If I were a newer player it would be cool but 4 years out its just not fun.
    Besides no room to put it and no food to grow them (if you plan on doing any tales you can't do anything but harvest)
    and no play without BIG pay...I'm seriously over it.
    There is a huge change in this game and in the forum community. We would post on the tourney thread to help each other. I don't bother anymore. Many many reasons but I'm burned out I think is the largest one.
    It is sad that after all these years I feel I'm not a valued customer and I won't be missed....
    Just mho and if you enjoy the way the game is I hope you enjoy it for years to come.

Executive Chef
    I think the saddest part of these new "events" is that it's basically ****ed this games community. The forums used to be so active and helpful and friendly. No ones made discussion posts (aside from this one) regarding returning dragons, the tourney threads are empty. The people who are left are so burnt out and jaded, everything is a complaint (and I'm not complaining about that.)

Unfortunately, leaderboards have probably done irreparable damage that even if we never saw another one that these forums will never have the activity they once did. With new bingo being a disguised leaderboard it's basically a nail in the coffin.

I miss our old dragon story. I miss our world events. I miss having an empty right side of my game screen. I miss our community.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by jjblueyes View Post
    I started losing my mind here awhile ago and I've posted often about how it's gone from a super fun game to a chore, a job, work that I pay to do.
    I am glad I'm not the only one who's noticed the older players are ignored. Even if I liked the leaderboard (I do not!) I usually have most of the dragons and the thing that really gets me is seeing dragons I really worked so hard to get be put up as prizes or for sale. Why bother working so hard, I probably will see it as a leaderboard prize or for sale.
    No dragon is special anymore really. If I were a newer player it would be cool but 4 years out its just not fun.
    Besides no room to put it and no food to grow them (if you plan on doing any tales you can't do anything but harvest)
    and no play without BIG pay...I'm seriously over it.
    There is a huge change in this game and in the forum community. We would post on the tourney thread to help each other. I don't bother anymore. Many many reasons but I'm burned out I think is the largest one.
    It is sad that after all these years I feel I'm not a valued customer and I won't be missed....
    Just mho and if you enjoy the way the game is I hope you enjoy it for years to come.
    Agreed!

I also no longer care for new dragons nor do I post much about my battles anymore, it's just not fun and feels too much like work

Leaderboard was the beginning for me, and now with Bingo, overall new events like those feels more like work than fun, so I stopped participating in those events

The only thing keeping me playing is collecting gold from my gold producing dragons, it took me 4 years saving free gold to get my gold collection, which right now it's impossible for any newer player to do because the game no longer offers free gold
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons
    - 12/13 Gold producing dragons
    - 19/20 Diamond dragons (All LV15)

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by belarica View Post
    I think the saddest part of these new "events" is that it's basically ****ed this games community. The forums used to be so active and helpful and friendly. No ones made discussion posts (aside from this one) regarding returning dragons, the tourney threads are empty. The people who are left are so burnt out and jaded, everything is a complaint (and I'm not complaining about that.)

Unfortunately, leaderboards have probably done irreparable damage that even if we never saw another one that these forums will never have the activity they once did. With new bingo being a disguised leaderboard it's basically a nail in the coffin.

I miss our old dragon story. I miss our world events. I miss having an empty right side of my game screen. I miss our community.
    You expressed this so much better then I did. Thank you. I started to try to explain but I couldn't get my feelings to come out in a organized way. My favorite thing was to post during the tournements and enjoy our United battles to earn our prize. It started going wrong when the game went wrong and it was more people frustrated, and then people jumping on the frustrated to tell them not to be frustrated and when people get rude, I'm out. It was exactly what you said. A positive, helpful place and I miss it too!
    Thank you for articulating what I was not able to. I'm usually pretty good at expressing myself but the topic, maybe cause it saddens me so, wasn't coming out!
    Thank you.
    Jen
    Last edited by jjblueyes; 10-21-16 at 07:10 AM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennedward View Post
    Agreed!

I also no longer care for new dragons nor do I post much about my battles anymore, it's just not fun and feels too much like work

Leaderboard was the beginning for me, and now with Bingo, overall new events like those feels more like work than fun, so I stopped participating in those events

The only thing keeping me playing is collecting gold from my gold producing dragons, it took me 4 years saving free gold to get my gold collection, which right now it's impossible for any newer player to do because the game no longer offers free gold
    Yes sir. Its a serious shame the turn it has taken. There's not many of us old players here posting. There's a few, and I enjoy seeing you all. It's just different now. Oh the good old days right? I think the leadership event really was the start of a new time and game direction and I wouldnt be hurt at all if it just went away. Thanks Ken.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by belarica View Post

This game is so time consuming now & I agree with every comment that has been posted! It's no longer a game, since games are supposed to be FUN! The comraderie that existed before has dwindled. Right now, there are 4 separate competitions going on! I don't participate in Leaderboards due to the overwhelming need to win & agree with many of you who feel that the introduction of LB was when DS took a major change in this game! I play when I can mainly to help my nbrs fulfill their requests. I know I'm not like most of you who've played for yrs, but I've worked to get a great collection of dragons that I enjoy. Can't believe that so many of the longtime players have walked away but the game has taken a totally different turn & I think frustration is building amongst many, including myself!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast