Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: I stopped caring

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Wayne View Post
    totally agreed !
    i really like ds (i think i never played a game so long!) but i'm really getting tired of all the event
    This actually feels a lot like work

Cause many of us know that working sometimes requires us to multi-task

Having so many events at the same time is basically telling players to multi-task

Multi-tasking feels more like work than fun
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons
    - 12/13 Gold producing dragons
    - 19/20 Diamond dragons (All LV15)

Fashion Designer
    Well...I'm not sure if anyone else have notice since everyone seem to be focusing on the overwhelming of oncoming events...but on top of what everyone has said...the current habitats, Trail of Terror and Hex Hill are on sale again for 200 gold (50 gold less than the previous sale). -_-...The previous sale wasn't even that long ago (within a month). So basically just lost 50 gold for nothing.

I agree, there is no fun anymore,
    Bingo, played one time, no fun
    already stopped mining, impossible goal without gold
    i stop doing events and i begin to trade my dragons

Executive Chef
    Jen and Ken you've been playing about a year longer than me...... You have said it all in your posts on here ..... It used to be fun ..... Getting stuck trying to breed a special dragon or struggling to get through a tournament and everyone helpful and supportive to each other and working together on world events etc ...... There was anticipation waiting for the next event and being able to feed up dragons while waiting for it to start ..... Now it's overwhelming, too much going on and little sense of community on forum ...... I play but my choice what I do very much .... Do not know for how long ...... Miss the old group feeling across it all .....
    Pern magic L200 dragons623+
    Champs, Valiant L15 Rainbow Sentinel L 15, Guilded knight, Spirit Warrior, Highlander L15, Inquisitor, Sharman, Guardian Angel L12 , Warrior King ,Warrior princess, Chariot, warrior Prince + others
    Diamond hybrids, Diamond, Valiant, Angel, Crusader, Helios , Quentzal , Gold, astromancer, Mercury , Infinity, Unicorn ,Prism, Dark Angel, Black diamond and others
    Gold producing 10 L10

Farm Supplier
    I agree, I wish they would put in a conformation for gold and gems in their games. We all know to well how easy it is to touch something by accident and use all our gold or gems by accident. Other than that I like the games they have and with a little tweaking they would be more satisfying to play.

Rhino Keeper
    I miss my neighbors and the community that was built up,in the forum. People were literally hysterical, the battle threads were long and full of discussion posts thrown in on players lives and their children. They're all gone now. I had 240 neighbors who helped me from the beginning when I had that tiny square to start the game, only 4 are still playing. High level Islands with beautiful dragons and habitats are just sitting there. I hated to delete them and start looking for new neighbors but yeah, that was depressing. Forum was great, sense of community was very strong you are all correct I felt welcomed from the start by very helpful people here and on my wall. Just the things I miss the most. What a melancholy post lol sorry.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by pernmagic View Post
    Jen and Ken you've been playing about a year longer than me...... You have said it all in your posts on here ..... It used to be fun ..... Getting stuck trying to breed a special dragon or struggling to get through a tournament and everyone helpful and supportive to each other and working together on world events etc ...... There was anticipation waiting for the next event and being able to feed up dragons while waiting for it to start ..... Now it's overwhelming, too much going on and little sense of community on forum ...... I play but my choice what I do very much .... Do not know for how long ...... Miss the old group feeling across it all .....
    I sort of missed the older days when players like us would get excited for a tournament and get the final dragon prize

But now when I see a new dragon made, I'm no longer excited, nor most of the older players, as most of the time they re-used the same old color combos that already have many dragons. i.e. the red and yellow combo for Cobra dragon, the current tournament prize

And the sad part is, a lot of the players who have been playing even before i did, and have gotten the Diamonds even before me, have left the game already, I have them as neighbors, but it's very clear they're inactive when I visit their islands
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons
    - 12/13 Gold producing dragons
    - 19/20 Diamond dragons (All LV15)

Fashion Designer
    I really hope the developers read this entire thread and very seriously consider all that has been said. The sentiments here echo the many, many comments that have been appearing in the various event threads for months now. So far, none of the concrit seems to have sunk in.

Despite all the negative comments about the Leaderboard events, we just got a new event, Bingo, that also pits players against one another. Smh. What attracted many of us to DS in the first place is that it was not a high-stress, competitive game. The game is supposed to be about breeding, collecting, and caring for your dragons and helping your neighbors out. It's listed as 'casual social,' and it used to be just that. But now, it's not.

If I wanted to compete against other players, I'd have chosen one of the hundreds of other available games where competition is the focus. But, I chose DS for a reason- I wanted to enjoy a low stress, relaxing, fun game with beautiful graphics. I liked taking care of my dragons, and I thoroughly enjoyed my many little triumphs: when I bred a new dragon, evolved a favorite dragon to epic, or won the monthly tournament. I liked that there was no direct competition with other players. I liked the World Events, where we all worked together.

Now, all these events and high-pressure time constraints are making me feel like I am always failing at something, always behind, always missing out on the new dragons. That's not very fun or rewarding. If I want to finish most of the next Dragon Tales (and now there is always one just around the corner), I can't even feed or evolve any of my dragons. The entire point of the game has been lost, and it makes me want to quit playing. The constant, relentless pushing makes me not want to spend money on gold. I want my fun, relaxing, cooperative-play Dragon Story back.

Additionally, I don't see how this new format could possibly appeal to new players. If I were a brand new player who just downloaded DS, I would delete the app within a couple days, after seeing how crazy and overwhelming the event scheduling is and how hard players are pushed to spend gold to complete everything. That's not appealing, at all, to new or to veteran players.

I hope S8 listens to the players and gets DS back on the right track.
    Last edited by FireballFarm; 10-27-16 at 06:30 AM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennedward View Post
    I sort of missed the older days when players like us would get excited for a tournament and get the final dragon prize

But now when I see a new dragon made, I'm no longer excited, nor most of the older players, as most of the time they re-used the same old color combos that already have many dragons. i.e. the red and yellow combo for Cobra dragon, the current tournament prize

And the sad part is, a lot of the players who have been playing even before i did, and have gotten the Diamonds even before me, have left the game already, I have them as neighbors, but it's very clear they're inactive when I visit their islands
    yes i have lots of neighbors who are inactive anymore too
    DS : Dragons de Pern (level 200) 826/882 dragons (168 still in storage)
    (sorry but i no longer accept or add neighbors for DS)
    FFS : Pern forest (level 200) 496/524 animals (120 still in storage)
    (stopping FFS on 2017/12/31, so don?t try to add me)
    FS2 : Campagne (level 73)

Banned
    I just came back after 2 years and I'm about to turn right around lol

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast