Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: I stopped caring

Banned
    It's sad. The game was presumably healthy about 18 months-2 years ago. I know, for myself, I contribute a few bucks regularly if a game is fun and fair. Slowly every aspect of Dragon Story was changed over this time in order to try and squeeze gold at the expense of what made the game fun. I think we all get it...they have to make money somehow but there has to be a balance. People aren't going to put thousands of dollars into a game like this like they would in something like Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes or similar. The mistake was made in trying to follow that same business model with this game. Result... you turn too many people off...and the player who puts in a few bucks from time to time in is far more more important in this game. Many just won't come back when things turn as unfair as they have.

I don't think you can treat a game like this the same way as a more competitive game in terms of what the impetus is for someone to make a transaction. Over**** on events and new dragons puts people off. Changing percentages during events/bingo for breeding/battling puts people off. A lot of companies like to throw around the phrase "confirmation bias" when players see a clear change in percentages that would benefit the developer, but it's not. It's insulting when this has been tracked over long periods of time and the evidence is there.

I don't know. Maybe all this will change for the better at some point. Just hope it's not too late.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckyt888 View Post
    It's sad. The game was presumably healthy about 18 months-2 years ago. I know, for myself, I contribute a few bucks regularly if a game is fun and fair. Slowly every aspect of Dragon Story was changed over this time in order to try and squeeze gold at the expense of what made the game fun. I think we all get it...they have to make money somehow but there has to be a balance. People aren't going to put thousands of dollars into a game like this like they would in something like Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes or similar. The mistake was made in trying to follow that same business model with this game. Result... you turn too many people off...and the player who puts in a few bucks from time to time in is far more more important in this game. Many just won't come back when things turn as unfair as they have.

I don't think you can treat a game like this the same way as a more competitive game in terms of what the impetus is for someone to make a transaction. Over**** on events and new dragons puts people off. Changing percentages during events/bingo for breeding/battling puts people off. A lot of companies like to throw around the phrase "confirmation bias" when players see a clear change in percentages that would benefit the developer, but it's not. It's insulting when this has been tracked over long periods of time and the evidence is there.

I don't know. Maybe all this will change for the better at some point. Just hope it's not too late.

Well said friend. I've never complained about spending money to play the game when it was fun and fair. I don't enjoy the money grabs, the overlapping & exhausting events and constant gold traps. The pitting players against each other Is not enjoyable, but you can always just spend gold to go buy most any of these event dragons if you don't want to bother. Even leaderboard dragons. I wouldn't be able- no place to put them.
    I would spend again if things settled down and I had the ability to buy a habitat. I have been at my cap for a long time and I just watch AMAZING habitats and dragons pass me by. I think that's really awful that I can't play or purchase anything after all the years of dedicated playing. No one seems to care that there's a good bunch of us who are literally stuck.

Fashion Designer
    I'm not sure why so many people complain about Leaderboard events. The "participation" awards are plentiful and generous. They can sell them off if they are offend by them. Even if everybody ahead of you decides to let you win, the guy right behind you will see the chance to take it from you if you aren't willing to fight for it yourself.

I'd suggest not going to war unless you intend to win. Fighting an unfunded war is foolhardy, (and immoral, in the real world). I don't think the Leaderboards actually make them that much money. Not that many people have the desire to actually do whatever it takes to compete.

I do agree with a lot of the other criticisms. Messing with the breeding odds in order to make the Adventure Leagues possible, is a bad thing.

Some of the tournament dragons are just too difficult, but, then again, if the Boss dragon is nice enough, a few bars to get him is not such a big thing to ask. Trying to reconcile the Tournaments with the Adventure Leagues is more of an issue, to me. They can really throw a wrench into the works. On the other hand, being able to look out ahead and see what you will be fighting can be an advantage when planning your approach to a Bingo card.

I'm happy that they opened up more land to develop from mining. There's still plenty of room on the board for more island segments. Perhaps a new "Travel" destination is due to be added, with the ability to migrate selected dragons between them. That would make old timers happy, I bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Hartoled View Post
    I'm happy that they opened up more land to develop from mining. There's still plenty of room on the board for more island segments. Perhaps a new "Travel" destination is due to be added, with the ability to migrate selected dragons between them. That would make old timers happy, I bet.
    I would love this idea. A way to basically spread your dragons over several screens. That would help a lot of the performance problems in the game with a simple graphical change. It's like being able to have multiple workspaces and quickly flick between them. For those on slower machines, the transition would be slower as more dragons are loaded into memory, but for people with newer devices it would be almost seamless. No big change in game or island mechanics like in Arctic isles. With this feature they could completely remove the habitat limits and everyone could show off as many dragons as they want & have more than one of every dragon!

Being able to store habitats would also be pretty important for this to work. You'd have to store a habitat so that you can take it to the second or third screen. Storing habitats is something we've always needed for a long time too. With all the pretty premium habitats we should be allowed to save them or swap them out. It's more money that S8 are leaving on the table. Imagine some players covering their entire island in premium halloween habitats in halloween, and then putting out only pink coloured habitats in valentines day. It's a lot of work, but I've seen people spend lots of money and time into Fashion Story to change their whole boutique with the seasons! DS could be like that if they just implemented a few simple features. More storage space for dragons. Ability to store habitats. Expand to allow a separate screen area (a new canvas where you can put miscellanious bits while you design your dream island)
    Bye Attachment 67493
    Dble12win & 24win streak! -No$Spent!
    DragonS LB trophies (1crystl,51gld,27s,4b) Attachment 67493
    FantasyS LB trophies! (45gld,7s,4b) Attachment 54914

Crystl Trophy Shoplist:
    350m coins,23m food,18 10x boost,13k gld

2314Gld+BoostBreedWkend+DmdTmpl=
    Valint,Achlls,Helios,CrwnJwl,Quasr,Dmd-PrsmX3,Angl,Gld,Mercry&Crusadr
    My Rainbow Attachment 36684

My FashionS boutiques!
    -Beach Esplanade Attachment 35793 @JustKay
    -Fashion First gym Attachment 35795
    -Made in Meiji-era okiya Attachment 35794 @KayJust

BlossomPicnicAttachment 35799
    Monster!Attachment 36956

Executive Chef
    good idea ! splitting our lands would probably help people stop crashing.
    besides the "travel" feature already exist with arctic isles
    all the floating islands could become a new "sky isles" (like arctic isles)
    Last edited by kooky panda; 03-12-17 at 05:52 PM. Reason: removed third party game comments
    DS : Dragons de Pern (level 200) 826/882 dragons (168 still in storage)
    (sorry but i no longer accept or add neighbors for DS)
    FFS : Pern forest (level 200) 496/524 animals (120 still in storage)
    (stopping FFS on 2017/12/31, so don?t try to add me)
    FS2 : Campagne (level 73)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by I_H8_Elsa View Post
    If everyone hasn't noticed by now storm 8 does what they want and never what the people beg for or need.
    Very true.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by I_H8_Elsa View Post
    If everyone hasn't noticed by now storm 8 does what they want and never what the people beg for or need.
    That isn't true. In the last little while they have added the rebreed button, removed old dragon parts from storage and given Android the free videos to watch for speeding up the battle arena. Those things have been being asked for for years. It takes them years, but eventually they do some of the things they are asked for.
    No longer active on this forum. Wishing the players good luck on the events and tournaments.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by katali119 View Post
    That isn't true. In the last little while they have added the rebreed button, removed old dragon parts from storage and given Android the free videos to watch for speeding up the battle arena. Those things have been being asked for for years. It takes them years, but eventually they do some of the things they are asked for.
    Whilst the rebreed button has been introduced and getting rid of our excess junk in storage which is just hidden not removed and yes Android has been given the option to watch video clips, this is just a bandaid remedy in my opinion.

For years players who have been playing from the inception of this gave do nothing but beg for more habitats and more land to be released and these issues have not been adequately addressed by Storm 8.

The constant crashing of the game and this is always blamed on the device we use and what we have in our cache. LOL, I was so excited when I got my new IPhone 7 plus but within a month the game was also crashing this device.

Ideally what I would like to see is the removal of habitat limits, heck I have neighbours who have left the game who have become dear friends others want to play but can't as they have no room to place dragons and new habitats. A massive land release within the drawn out time frame of nearly 5 days from starting to clear land and actually being able to place a new habitat.

For over 2 years we asked for the mines for some who had to lock them due to completely last land expansion and then we received 16 new land slots, there is such a plethora of blue space in this game that could be occupied by floating islands.

Whilst some players may think the game is going extremely well and enjoy the current format, I really wish the rate of new dragons would diminish so we can actually house and feed as well as breed new dragons. Personally I have not bred a new dragon in what seems like a lifetime, yes I have been playing this game for years and have most of the ones that can be bred but I am still missing a few as well.
    Last edited by random59; 03-13-17 at 03:29 PM. Reason: Need a couple of words to make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by random59 View Post
    Whilst some players may think the game is going extremely well and enjoy the current format, I really wish the rate of new dragons would diminish so we can actually house and feed as well as breed new dragons. Personally I have not bred a new dragon in what seems like a lifetime, yes I have been playing this game for years and have most of the ones that can be bred but I am still missing a few as well.
    This is a key point for me. We spend so much time breeding useless dragons for events, to get rewarded with dragons most people end up getting. There's no real surprise anymore and islands aren't really unique since most of the dragons people have are those from events, not from our own breeding.

Rather than have an open world format where we can do what ever we want, instead we're now playing a game on rails if we want to participate in all the events and not miss out on event specific dragons.
    Last edited by JustKay; 03-13-17 at 06:08 PM.
    Bye Attachment 67493
    Dble12win & 24win streak! -No$Spent!
    DragonS LB trophies (1crystl,51gld,27s,4b) Attachment 67493
    FantasyS LB trophies! (45gld,7s,4b) Attachment 54914

Crystl Trophy Shoplist:
    350m coins,23m food,18 10x boost,13k gld

2314Gld+BoostBreedWkend+DmdTmpl=
    Valint,Achlls,Helios,CrwnJwl,Quasr,Dmd-PrsmX3,Angl,Gld,Mercry&Crusadr
    My Rainbow Attachment 36684

My FashionS boutiques!
    -Beach Esplanade Attachment 35793 @JustKay
    -Fashion First gym Attachment 35795
    -Made in Meiji-era okiya Attachment 35794 @KayJust

BlossomPicnicAttachment 35799
    Monster!Attachment 36956

Fashion Designer
    I hate that I bred over a dozen Past and Present dragons and couldn't get a Future. I'd like more free breeding time when something like that is up. By "free" I mean available.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678