Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I stopped caring

Rhino Keeper

I stopped caring

I stopped caring about this game. I still play when I remember I have it but otherwise with how they are developing this game I find myself disliking it more and more. Leaderboards like mentioned a thousand and one times over I lost interest in. Spin the wheel aspect where I never get a dragon unless I already have it I stopped caring. The community games even then are almost impossible to to get so I stopped caring. The whole chapters part in this game is ridiculous because they make it impossible with the food requirements and all crafting a and the particular dragons you have to breed to move on and the tournaments it's nearly impossible to move forward without gold so I can't stand this event. And lastly the tournaments involving dragon and dragon I stopped caring about because I never have food to lvl any up because all the other pointless event takes all the food so I'm stuck not progressing even in those. And lastly the new and so called improved bingo portion which is yes a tiny bit simpler but also pretty annoyingly done so with every aspect this game has to offer I just stopped finding the fun that I used to feel for this game... so to the dragon community I'm not going to be on much anymore I'll play here and there but the joy I used to get when playing the fun I had meeting new people and helping people just isn't keeping the joy in. This game brings me more annoyance and so much stress and that's not ok. Trying to make each deadline giving up my time into things I can't even win. Even with gold I can't. So I'm sorry dragon world. I'll come on and send things to the ones on my friend list but other than this game is becoming a distant memory

I tend to agree. I began playing these S8 games about 4 years ago to relax and have fun. In the last year or so they have become so involved that they now are more like work. I too am getting to the point where I may just delete the games. This is not a rant rather just an observation that the focus of these games has changed and no longer really meets my personal needs. A pity though.

Nightclub Owner
    I agree for the most part

And actually I stopped caring about new dragons for over a year or so, and only played to collect gold from my gold producing dragons

Now I only play because I have saved up more than enough gold and figured I'll see what I can spend it on, but I never buy any regular coins producing dragons, I only buy those gold-only purchases like 4 dragon habitats, gold producing dragons, etc.

Anyways, I always tell those to relax and just don't participate, like how I do for all leaderboard events, no point in caring when I cannot win
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons
    - 12/13 Gold producing dragons
    - 19/20 Diamond dragons (All LV15)

Rhino Keeper
    I also agree with how the game has changed, and it feels like work. I took a long break for personal reasons but I too loved this game for the calming aspect and no pressure like other games I'd been playing. This is like a whole new game now. Leaderboard, I learned a terrible lesson there and don't think it feels very good to be in something that has a tendency to pit players against each other. People leaving not so nice messages on others walls etc. I miss the DS I started playing over three years ago. I realize change can be great and keep things fresh but some of this change is not one I can keep up with. I don't want to set timers to wake up at 4am for a game again, that's crazy and not at all relaxing. I imagine I will continue playing but for my own sanity I suppose I need to pick and choose what events I will participate in from now on. Not to be negative Storm8 so please don't misconstrue, I'm trying to word this very carefully.

Fashion Designer comeseecomesah's Avatar
    Tell it like it is. Everything now is geared for those who buy lots of gold. Leaderboard is unfair to many,especially Android who don't have Artic isle to breed for points, also not everyone can afford and/or has room for a 2nd evo chamber. Oh I can't even bother to go on. I agree with a lot of the above posts and game just is not as good as used to be. Shame I spent so much on it. It doesn't matter how many people leave the game because there's always new players starting. Sighhhh

Farm Supplier
    i couldn't agree more with AnglChk507 more..believe it or ot this game has an age rating of 4+..I'd like to see a 4 yr old try and play this game on their own..I have played since the beginning almost.it used to be fun and you looked forward to the tournament , new seasonal dragons and the ODD event
    Now its a time labouring effort for any of these things.The Spin to Win wheel is a joke..tournaments are too many and now getting too long..breeding is next to impossible
    This game has gone from a fun free game toa time consuming, dollar consuming effort
    I have multiple accounts and have lost mst of my interest in all of them
    I was so fed up, that I finally deleted all my FFS games ( Fantasy Forest)
    Storm 8 doesn't really care about how we feel aboutthe game , all they really care about is how much money are we willing to spend and judging from the Leadetboard, some are willing to spend alot on something virtual.
    Well thats thoughts ������

Fashion Designer
    Quite true..

I think the algo penalizes the long term player, probably because they know the higher level players arent going to buy anything so why worry about them? I am in that category, I have enough gold to do what I want as I want and when you have played so long the dragons you either have or dont care about too much.

I also agree about the contests..playing against other members is not fun for me so in this current deal I will try to get the habitat and see what else happens..while trying to breed the royal/diamond I dont have. I wont buy the points producing gadget this time, I think they bumped up the vig and it isnt worth it.

I think the core of the game lost its focus when they started majorly pumping out new content and dragons and started upping everything from breeding times to reducing gold (or eliminating) from tournaments etc..

Not much positive for players has come outside the interesting designs and creativity, but it is outweighed by the reducing everything else, raising costs and breed times and competing against others etc...

Banned
    My internet connection is good, always have been. No other apps "crash" like S8 games...
    I'm surprised this thread hasn't been closed yet. You all are speaking truth oh so well. The game is starting to be a chore and cutthroat business instead of what it's supposed to be - a leisurely fun game.

Leaderboards - I don't put any effort into them at all (I'm always put into "rich" groups)
    Dragon Tales - Once in a great while I'll go for the final dragon (Queen, Little Mother, Prime Arcane and Autumn are the only Tales I completed)
    World Event - Used to be fun until they stopped putting the final individual dragon within reach
    Breeding - I swear if Athletic, Coral, Island don't stop coming to my island.... Once upon a time black hybrids were easy to breed, now they seem to be ultra rare like diamond dragons.
    Taking gold out of tournaments: What the heck is that? I understand lowering the gold amount from 10 to 5 but taking them totally out while making the champion dragons tougher is greedy and sad.
    The Android/iOs Division: I get that there's different algorithms for the platforms but the disparity is alarming. How about putting something in Android that iOs won't have to level the playing field.
    Dragon Tales Requirement to Breed A Specific Dragon: In the latest Tales, we were required to breed a Charm Dragon. Hello, when trying for Charm people could get that 32 hour waste of time Titan. Here's a suggestion, if you require a dragon to be bred for Tales then the longest fail should be 16 hours not 32.
    Discrimination of High Level Players: Just because a person is level 150 and over doesn't mean they should be treated worse than someone at level 32 in the breeding process. New dragons should come from breeding just like the level 32 guy.
    Flatfoot and the Dragon Artists: You guys rock! Y'all are the best thing about this app going on now. The latest dragons you've designed are awesome. Keep up the fantastic work and keep em coming.

I think I brought up enough issues. I hope some of these are listened to but I'm not holding my breath and waiting.

Fashion Designer
    I stopped caring this time around in tales myself. I had enough to finish only if I bought it (and I had the gold) because it was impossible to finish the tales growing food.

Thing is that once I got to high level I was not wealthier real life I had no extra farms to grow the humongous amount of food. So the seniors that play DS where I volunteer and about ten of my friends just said no way are we doing this.

It's not fun it's too hard even if you stockpile food and I tried that this go around. Now there's another leader board.

I play now for the mining dragons world events and the tournaments.

Now they want me to buy this year's Halloween dragons. That's not fun.

They took away my enjoyable hobby and replaced it with a true source of stress and I'm really angry.

Rhino Keeper
    Aha omg you are right!!! They didn't close my thread lol shocker!! But yeah it sucks because I've played when this game had been out for maybe a year so I think 3 yrs I've played mostly android and recently just got Apple so now it an iOS device but I just cant.. and to be frank I am there rich player as well I used to by over 1000 in gold like an idiot may I add in a year if not more because I would also charge it to my phone bill so.. even as a rich player I was having the hardest times with events and tournaments the whole food process sucked they ask way to much of us and I never noticed the age of 4+ they should change it to 16+ because I completely agree no 4+ yr old would understand or make it through in this game even if for fun they would face there first challenge and probably run away.. heck I'm 27 almost 28 and I'm running lol

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast