Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: I stopped caring

Executive Chef
    i'm playing the stress-free way myself (when i remember to play at all), but i will say this: i didn't bother at all with leaderboards for a couple of times, only spinning the wheel sometimes because i like spinning wheels, and breeding/evolving at my normal slow pace. so because i did so poorly in the rankings those times, i got put into a much less-motivated group. which was awesome, because this last one i actually liked the final prize, so it wasn't all that hard to win it against the group i was in. (i did boost a couple times when i had breed/hatches/evolves/spins all due at once, but i thought the final dragon was worth the 30 gold or whatever.)

not even attempting bingo.

Rhino Keeper
    I plays like this for a coupla years but the beautiful Between Worlds and Frostwolf dragons sucked me back in to trying to compete...these new designs are fabulous!
    I didn't get dark, light or frostwolf :-( the leaderboard I was in was too nippy on its toes for me and I just can't log in during work to breed, hatch, farm etc so I'm pretty slow but it feels good to care again and to take part in a community event.
    I'm trying for Huntress now, really trying...I guess if that fails too then I'll be back where I was this time last month...
    Hands off lackadaisical! There were months when I just logged in to return maps and gold!
    Last edited by zaaracake; 11-25-16 at 12:01 AM. Reason: I'd quoted the wrong event

Fashion Designer

Lack of communication...

Ignoring the problem of overlapping events, ignoring the problem of expansion, ignoring the problem of food production, ignoring the problem of glitches/lags, ignoring the problem of discrepancy between iOS and androids, ignoring the problem of winning probability in arena, and ignoring the problem of gold trap, so on and so forth...

Let's just ignore all that for now and focus on the root of these problems. Communication.

When going through all these feedbacks and issues coming from players every single day for years and there's little to no improvement, one must think what is going on or if anything is going on. If the team is working on something to improve the game or working on another game or not working on anything just doing regular maintainence, that's fine. But at least give the players an update in a good timely manner. For instance, if the team is working on creating more land, just let the players know your progress every now and then to assure them, the issue is still being work on, we are currently half way there etc. You know common courtesy, to let players know their feedbacks are heard and in progress at the moment and they have not neglected them. Better yet, let us know approximately when the issue would be resolved. Doesn't have to be 100% right, even just a estimate would be reassuring.

Now giving a announcement or update to players should not be last minute. For instance, like the no Cyber Monday sale. I don't blame the Mods because they probably received the news late too. But the storm8 staff should know about this in advance. This lacks professionalism. Not answering to players questions after being asked several times, lacks decency and professionalism. Another example, "would there be more than 35 corrupted crystals given in future tournaments?", was never answered. If the staff simply don't know, then reply back by saying you don't know and would try to find out for you. Even that would assure the players that they're being help. Simple customer service etiquette.

This lack of communication highly reflects on tech support too. Giving an automated message and not replying back for weeks or months is not communicating.

At this point, I'm thinking this lack of communication is done on purpose to trick people to buying/spending more gold. Playing on players thought, not saying if something will or will not happen just so players would spend/buy gold on/for something they think they might or might not need.

It's like I'm playing a psychological gambling game with storm8. But so far I'm not losing too much. ;]
    Last edited by DR0G0N; 11-28-16 at 10:42 PM.

Banned
    My internet connection is good, always have been. No other apps "crash" like S8 games...
    Quote Originally Posted by DR0G0N View Post
    Ignoring the problem of overlapping events, ignoring the problem of expansion, ignoring the problem of food production, ignoring the problem of glitches/lags, ignoring the problem of discrepancy between iOS and androids, ignoring the problem of winning probability in arena, and ignoring the problem of gold trap, so on and so forth...

Let's just ignore all that for now and focus on the root of these problems. Communication.

When going through all these feedbacks and issues coming from players every single day for years and there's little to no improvement, one must think what is going on or if anything is going on. If the team is working on something to improve the game or working on another game or not working on anything just doing regular maintainence, that's fine. But at least give the players an update in a good timely manner. For instance, if the team is working on creating more land, just let the players know your progress every now and then to assure them, the issue is still being work on, we are currently half way there etc. You know common courtesy, to let players know their feedbacks are heard and in progress at the moment and they have not neglected them. Better yet, let us know approximately when the issue would be resolved. Doesn't have to be 100% right, even just a estimate would be reassuring.

Now giving a announcement or update to players should not be last minute. For instance, like the no Cyber Monday sale. I don't blame the Mods because they probably received the news late too. But the storm8 staff should know about this in advance. This lacks professionalism. Not answering to players questions after being asked several times, lacks decency and professionalism. Another example, "would there be more than 35 corrupted crystals given in future tournaments?", was never answered. If the staff simply don't know, then reply back by saying you don't know and would try to find out for you. Even that would assure the players that they're being help. Simple customer service etiquette.

This lack of communication highly reflects on tech support too. Giving an automated message and not replying back for weeks or months is not communicating.

At this point, I'm thinking this lack of communication is done on purpose to trick people to buying/spending more gold. Playing on players thought, not saying if something will or will not happen just so players would spend/buy gold on/for something they think they might or might not need.

It's like I'm playing a psychological gambling game with storm8. But so far I'm not losing too much. ;]
    I agree with everything you said in this statement. It's bad because there are a couple of Storm8 staff members who are pretty good and I'll put their names out there for doing a fantastic job - Kooky Panda and FlatFoot. Kooky makes an effort to get the information we need but as you say, DR0G0N, corporate tells the moderators only so much. I'm always giving FlatFoot praise for all of the wonderful new dragon designs.
    Back to the issue at hand though. Communication, taking away features from the game, replacing them with dumb features such as Fundraiser, BINGO and other various garbage are big problems that make people leave this game.
    Now I hope neither one of our posts get deleted because it's all truth and facts and not theories and lies.

Totally agree games is boring and expensive and no fun. '

Totally agree with all said
    Quote Originally Posted by AnglChk507 View Post
    I stopped caring about this game. I still play when I remember I have it but otherwise with how they are developing this game I find myself disliking it more and more. Leaderboards like mentioned a thousand and one times over I lost interest in. Spin the wheel aspect where I never get a dragon unless I already have it I stopped caring. The community games even then are almost impossible to to get so I stopped caring. The whole chapters part in this game is ridiculous because they make it impossible with the food requirements and all crafting a and the particular dragons you have to breed to move on and the tournaments it's nearly impossible to move forward without gold so I can't stand this event. And lastly the tournaments involving dragon and dragon I stopped caring about because I never have food to lvl any up because all the other pointless event takes all the food so I'm stuck not progressing even in those. And lastly the new and so called improved bingo portion which is yes a tiny bit simpler but also pretty annoyingly done so with every aspect this game has to offer I just stopped finding the fun that I used to feel for this game... so to the dragon community I'm not going to be on much anymore I'll play here and there but the joy I used to get when playing the fun I had meeting new people and helping people just isn't keeping the joy in. This game brings me more annoyance and so much stress and that's not ok. Trying to make each deadline giving up my time into things I can't even win. Even with gold I can't. So I'm sorry dragon world. I'll come on and send things to the ones on my friend list but other than this game is becoming a distant memory

Quote Originally Posted by belarica View Post
    I think the saddest part of these new "events" is that it's basically ****ed this games community. The forums used to be so active and helpful and friendly. No ones made discussion posts (aside from this one) regarding returning dragons, the tourney threads are empty. The people who are left are so burnt out and jaded, everything is a complaint (and I'm not complaining about that.)

Unfortunately, leaderboards have probably done irreparable damage that even if we never saw another one that these forums will never have the activity they once did. With new bingo being a disguised leaderboard it's basically a nail in the coffin.

I miss our old dragon story. I miss our world events. I miss having an empty right side of my game screen. I miss our community.
    I only just today and equally just accidentally found this thread and have been browsing it, with the same sense of dissatisfaction of a long long time player. All who have posted here before I agree with, too, but for me you've said it best: I, too, miss all those things from your last line.
    My first love is Castle Story, my second Dragon Story. Third would be Restaurant Story. I always like making new friends or getting new neighbours. My ID is ToshiNoMiya.

First I want to say I agree with most of what's said here to a degree. I think we need to not give up hope in the game designers and ourselves. Maybe a break is a good thing for some of us or just a step back. Maybe the designers can figure out how to have some of those missing features come back between events. Who knows, maybe we will have them all eventually and we will be able to choose the events we want to be a part of....as we really do have that choice now. I hope the forums come back around soon with the posts and sharings of support. It's obvious there are some players not posting as much. Maybe after the holidays more of us can catch up and be jolly dragon caretakers again. Merry Christmas!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by We_Need_Land View Post
    What happened did people stop caring to the point of not caring that they don't care?
    Seems that way doesn't it! Maybe if our concerns and needs were deemed important to the games designers and forum moderators to ensure that we are kept enthralled by this game (haha, as if) then maybe others would care more.

In my opinion it is GREED that has ****ed off this game for so many of us, it used to be fun, it has not changed for the better over the last 12 months but deteriorated greatly.

Fashion Designer
    I agree with all ive been playing for a few years now and unless you buy gold it not worth playing anymore anything new they come out with cost gold i habe over 50 million in coin and nowhere the use it. The new stuff they come out with is gold gold gold. Cant even upgrade the habitates gold they have only given us 7 farms for all these dragon to feed. I play when i think of it. You spun the wheel and you get more coin. Like i need more coin. Like i said the game is no fun anymore youhave not a chance in you know where of winning any of the tournament's. Battles, mining, its all just nothing. The people that run this have become money hungry and dont care anymore about the fun of the game. As long as they get money there happy. So i now long play it all that often. Its a money grab thats all. I havent had a new dragon added to my collection is probably half a year. But as long as the people play and pay they wint do anything about it.

Rhino Keeper
    I had to search a few pages back to find this thread, but I just knew one day I would be adding a post to it.

Too stressful. Couldn't take the stress of this game anymore.
    -too many/overlapping events
    -HIGH stress tournaments (with meh/so-so dragon prizes)
    -space limitations
    -Bingo
    -game tactics that seem shiesty/designed to snag a player's money
    -requirements too high for event-related & mining dragons

I've been logging in each day to collect from my one GPD, but I could see the day when I don't anymore. Sometimes I do some minor game play, a few low-stress things, but some days even returning gifts is too much & I just can't get off the game more quickly. I really did enjoy DS at one point in the far & distant past... I'd like to hope that I could come back someday, perhaps when repeated (over & over & over) user complaints/suggestions are actually addressed. Eh.
    Playing Dragon Story. ID came from the game Fruit Splash. Isle name: Autumn Sun.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast