Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Leaderboard 10/18: Mysteries of the Jungle

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennedward View Post
    lol no

I consider points, coins, and decors are all useless

That's why in my previous post I said I would prefer food, I would consider food to be the best non-dragon prize
    Food is great, but during the leaderboard, I want points. My goal is to get to the final milestone. Extra points mean that I don't have to boost as many times... so big value points are kind of like getting a free boost - like 7 gold! :-)

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymieb2 View Post
    Food is great, but during the leaderboard, I want points. My goal is to get to the final milestone. Extra points mean that I don't have to boost as many times... so big value points are kind of like getting a free boost - like 7 gold! :-)
    Yea, but most of the time the points I get are only 100 to 200, which really isn't enough even if you aim for milestones

Speaking of which, I don't really care about milestone prizes, hence why my previous post said they're useless for me
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons
    - 12/13 Gold producing dragons
    - 19/20 Diamond dragons (All LV15)

Rhino Keeper
    Garage Sale Notice..Tiles for sale. When I do get lucky and get a chest the points are low but heaps better than the tiles.

Rhino Keeper
    I'll get to 3600 later today. Not so much hope for 4600 but depends on what the spin will get me and on the breeding result. But will not use gold unless i'm really close to the dragon.
    I have no clue as to where i'll finish since I'm second one moment and on 10 th the other. I just hope for some food.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennedward View Post
    Yea, but most of the time the points I get are only 100 to 200, which really isn't enough even if you aim for milestones
    I would love 100 or more points. I get around 25.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by ozigal View Post
    Garage Sale Notice..Tiles for sale. When I do get lucky and get a chest the points are low but heaps better than the tiles.
    I'll build a wall around your garage sale with my city wall segments to keep out all those scary, rampant tile thieves. I'll also donate my 40 tiles to the cause. It will be tremendous, believe me. And we'll make Dragon Mother pay for it.

Fashion Designer
    Which reminds me: I actually like the city wall segments. They look nice- if you have the room for some. But, I would like them a whole lot more if the corners lined up properly:

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by nyrrem View Post
    I would love 100 or more points. I get around 25.
    Sadly that's still not enough to compete against others

From what I've seen, many are daily boosters and the amount they gain is around 1500 to 2000 per day, which makes the 100 to 200 points very minimal if you're aiming to win

If you're aiming for milestones, that 100 to 200 is still very minimal as you'll need 8200 points to get the last one

Anyways, I never participated in leaderboards since the first one, and have always played leisurely to not get stressed out
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons
    - 12/13 Gold producing dragons
    - 19/20 Diamond dragons (All LV15)

Fashion Designer
    So...with 2 nests, 2 temples, and 1 den (on Android), I'm just about to reach the 1st dragon, Cursed Idol. Welp, time to throw in my towel here. Looks like this would be as far as I can go.

Not really interested in the dragons to begin with, I somehow been leading all throughout since majority of the players only have 1 nest, 1 temple, and 1 den (the bare minimum). Looks like I'll be getting the prize dragon...though I rather have apples. B/c I was leading all this time, I thought I'll try to reach the milestones so that I could get some dragons to be with the Jungle Queen. I have a thing for wanting to get the same themed dragons together. But looks like my Queen would have to be all alone.

This was the only leaderboard which I experimented with boosting, but it didn't get me far. Keep in mind I wasn't interested in the dragons, so didn't go all crazy with it. Only use one 1.5 boost per day. But for some reason, I had the same progress as when I wasn't boosting on my other events. LOL...thought it was interesting to share. Maybe I'm not doing this right? Me waiting for the temple, nest, breeding to finish before I boost each time made me lose valuable hours.

And obviously staying on 1st all this time didn't give me any special point boost from spin to win, mainly decors.

So, not sure what I'm doing wrong here, since I have basically the same progress with or without spending gold. Some pointers would be nice.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by DR0G0N View Post
    So...with 2 nests, 2 temples, and 1 den (on Android), I'm just about to reach the 1st dragon, Cursed Idol. Welp, time to throw in my towel here. Looks like this would be as far as I can go.

This was the only leaderboard which I experimented with boosting, but it didn't get me far. Keep in mind I wasn't interested in the dragons, so didn't go all crazy with it. Only use one 1.5 boost per day. But for some reason, I had the same progress as when I wasn't boosting on my other events. LOL...thought it was interesting to share. Maybe I'm not doing this right? Me waiting for the temple, nest, breeding to finish before I boost each time made me lose valuable hours.

And obviously staying on 1st all this time didn't give me any special point boost from spin to win, mainly decors.

So, not sure what I'm doing wrong here, since I have basically the same progress with or without spending gold. Some pointers would be nice.
    Wow. This is a perfect illustration of why Android players are at such a disadvantage to iOS players in this event.

For comparison: I'm on iOS and also have 2 nests and 1 breeding den, but only 1 evolution chamber.

I always reach the third 'real' milestone (3 dragons, or a habitat and 2 dragons), and usually finish somewhere between 6800-7400 points. I run the Arctic like an assembly line, den and evo chamber always going. I have never used a boost and only use minimal gold (never more than 10 pieces per event, and usually less than 10- only used occasionally to shave an hour or two off of breeding or hatching). For this leaderboard I will reach the last milestone- but that is only because I've been running in 6th-9th place, so most of the chests I've gotten are 150+ points, with lots of 200+ pointers.

Something really, really needs to be done about the disparity between the two platforms. It's simply not fair. Ridiculously not fair. I like Kat8rose's proposal about adjusting the milestone points for Android players. But, players with both types of devices would take advantage of that, I'm afraid. There's got to be a solution.
    Last edited by FireballFarm; 10-27-16 at 07:40 AM. Reason: checked my old LB scores- I originally overestimated.