Thread: How do the boosts work?

Rhino Keeper

How do the boosts work?

I got a speed boost on my breeding den active. The breeding was at 11 hours when I started the 10X boost. It still shows the 11 hours but now has a 2 gold cost to finish. The boost icon is also counting down from 1 hour. Does that mean after the boost is done it'll go back up in cost and time to finish? Or does it mean the new time to finish is 1 hour?

Anyone used one yet??

Rhino Keeper
    Update: it is literally moving down 10 seconds per every 1 second of real time. So with 28:50 left on the boost, the egg has 5:47:56 left. Still wants 2 gold to finish it.

Farm Supplier
    So the boosts only work for 1 hour? I was thinking they might really be worthwhile to get, but I wasn't sure if they were one-offs, timed or what.. Like, if I boost my farm... does the boost then only work for 1 hour and I have to try to maximize the output for it?

If they're only active for an hour, then they seem to be a lot less awesome than I thought they'd be.

Rhino Keeper
    It only lasted 1 hour. So on the 11 hour timer turned into 10 hours compressed to become 1 hour. But then the last hour ran regularly. I'm less impressed with the boost as well.

My next question is when we use a 10X boost on a farm... will I be able to plant a 5 hour crop twice and have 10 hours of crops be done in 1 hour? Or will it run out in just a single round of 5 hour crops?

Quote Originally Posted by harobeda View Post
    It only lasted 1 hour. So on the 11 hour timer turned into 10 hours compressed to become 1 hour. But then the last hour ran regularly. I'm less impressed with the boost as well.

My next question is when we use a 10X boost on a farm... will I be able to plant a 5 hour crop twice and have 10 hours of crops be done in 1 hour? Or will it run out in just a single round of 5 hour crops?
    If 10 hours compressed into 1 hour with the 10x boost it would make sense that you'd be able to do 2 rounds of the 5hr crop in the boosted hour. The boost is applied to the farms (nests and dens) themselves. Yesterday I applied the 2x boost to my farms so the darn pumpwings would hurry up so I could complete the tales in time, and in my open farm I was planting the upgrapes over and over again. For the full hour the upgrapes finished in 5 minutes verses the usual 10.

I am still completely lost on how the boosts work. I put a 1x boost on my farm to test it out and planted fireapples; nothing has changed. And I'm lost on the concept. 1xs of what? 5x of what? If I use it for breeding what exactly does it do?? Someone please explain this to me because I can't find this info anywhere

Fashion Designer
    A boost makes the countdown timer run 2, 5 or 10 times faster during one hour.
    So basically the finish time will be 1, 4 or 9 hours earlier. The amount of gold to speed up will be based on the real time to finish the boosted item.

A few examples:
    Plant 5 hour crops at noon and apply a 2x boost. The crops will finish at 4 pm instead of 5 pm.
    Apply a 5x boost and the crops will finish at 1 pm.
    With a 10x boost it will finish in 30 minutes and you'll have 30 minutes boost time left to finish another set of 5 hour crops.

There is 3 hours (180 minutes) left on your crops and you apply a 5x boost. Now the crops finish in 180/5=36 minutes.
    With 24 minutes left on the boost plant some rushrooms (normally 1 hour), which will finish in 60/5=12 minutes.
    Now with 12 minutes boosting left plant diamondates (5 hours). These will finish 4x12=48 minutes earlier, or in 4 hours and 12 minutes. Which would cost 9 gold to speed up at that time.

In these examples I didn't take in account the time needed to replant.
    Ofcourse this works the same way with evolving, breeding and hatching.

Hope this clarifies things a bit for you all

Twee(200): 788 unique dragons, 529 epic, 7 lvl 15, 20 eggs, 18 in stable. 22 Diamonds, 14 GPD.
    Drie(168) (id:Bastiaan00): 209 unique dragons, 187 epic, no noble crystal. 8 Diamonds, 3 GPD.
    I'm not addicted, I just like to play

Thank you, it clarifies things completely 😊 I just assumed I'd see a chunk of time coming off, but then after reading your posts I noticed the actual timer skipping down. The timer was mentioned in another reply but for some reason I couldn't wrap my head around it lol. Thanks again!