Page 62 of 94 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672 ... LastLast

Thread: Adventure League - BINGO! *New Feature*

Quote Originally Posted by cdreams1980 View Post
    I don't understand the boost rewards. I just bred a 40 hour diamond type and used a 5x breeding boost. Nothing happened except a 1 hour count down. What gives?
    The boosts are only good for 1 hour, whether it is for breeding, evolving, farming, etc... Whatever one you choose will count down that many times for that 1 hour only. In your case, it will take off 5 hours in that 1 hour time period, since you used a 5x boost. So, you gain 6 total hours (5x boost, plus the 1 hour), so your Diamond will be ready 34 hours after he hit your nest...
    As of September 30th, 2017:

Level 198
    $1,067,000,000+ coins
    870,000+ food
    291 neighbors
    17,893 Gold (all earned, none bought!)
    561 unique dragons, to include:
    52 Champion dragons
    11 out of 13 Gold dragons
    8 Diamond dragons
    206/235 habitats filled

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by hoffm1179 View Post
    The boosts are only good for 1 hour, whether it is for breeding, evolving, farming, etc... Whatever one you choose will count down that many times for that 1 hour only. In your case, it will take off 5 hours in that 1 hour time period, since you used a 5x boost. So, you gain 6 total hours (5x boost, plus the 1 hour), so your Diamond will be ready 34 hours after he hit your nest...
    You're right about the one hour speed-up, but you're wrong on the advantage: it takes 1 hour to complete 5 hours, so the breed will be completed 4 hours earlier

I used a 10x boost for the first time today......watched the counter for a bit and it counted down 10 seconds, ten seconds, nine seconds. Every third time was only 9 seconds! Feel a tad ripped off! ��

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by hoffm1179 View Post
    So that's how the boosts works, then it's really stupid and useless Imo. I had imagined it to be a division of the time taken, for example: a 40 hr breeding time divided by 10 when u use the 10x boosts which means 4 hours for the diamond dragon to be ready. Wouldn't that be a better reward?

Well if that's the case, I won't be wasting my time and efforts on this stupid bingo! It cost me the last dragon in the world event because I wasn't able to plant the 20 hrs crops as I had kept my farms and den free to play the bingo.
    Thanks S8 for pissing another long time player off!

Rhino Keeper
    Ok I activated the 10x boosts while my sunrise dragon still had approximately 10.5hrs before hatching. And I came back to check after about 2 hours and it's ready to hatch!
    Perhaps any of the mods can explain to us exactly how the boosts works.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by delimiah View Post
    Ok I activated the 10x boosts while my sunrise dragon still had approximately 10.5hrs before hatching. And I came back to check after about 2 hours and it's ready to hatch!
    Perhaps any of the mods can explain to us exactly how the boosts works.
    Boosts are for speeding the process for which you activate and 10x booster speed up timer 10 times for a duration of one hr . So at the end of one hr of booster duration , it reduces time by 10 hrs when you use 10x booster ! When you started 10 x booster , your sunrise had 10.5 hr balance for hatching . After one hr of booster duration , it reduced time by 10 hrs . So at that time balance time remained 0.5 hr . ( 10.5 - 10)
    And it was over in next half an hour ! So it became ready for hatching in 1.5 hrs! But you came back after 2 hrs , hence you found that it was ready ! I hope now , it will be clear to you how this happened when you activated 10x booster ! Since boosters are effective for 1 hr only , please remember -- 2x booster reduces time by 1. Hr (2-1) , 5x booster reduces by 4 hrs (5-1). And 10x reduces by 9 hrs ( (10 -1). . I hope this make it more clear and all your doubts get cleared
    Last edited by sam204; 11-26-16 at 12:00 PM. Reason: addition

New Resident
    Quote Originally Posted by delimiah View Post
    So that's how the boosts works, then it's really stupid and useless Imo. I had imagined it to be a division of the time taken, for example: a 40 hr breeding time divided by 10 when u use the 10x boosts which means 4 hours for the diamond dragon to be ready. Wouldn't that be a better reward?

Well if that's the case, I won't be wasting my time and efforts on this stupid bingo! It cost me the last dragon in the world event because I wasn't able to plant the 20 hrs crops as I had kept my farms and den free to play the bingo.
    Thanks S8 for pissing another long time player off!
    Yes, this is exactly the same conclusion I came to. The boosts are nearly useless and if you want to win a decent number of tickets for the ticket temple, then you have to be willing to spend insane amounts of gold to finish near the top of the gold league. So no thanks. If I was crazy enough to spend that much gold then I'd just go buy the ticket temple dragons in the market.

I'm completely done with bingo since it's a waste of my time. It's too much work for too little reward.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzygizzy2016 View Post
    HI there i'm playing the bingo and it says raise a champion dragon to level 12 is this a specific dragon not sure what this means sorry it's probably a simple thing but we'll I am blonde lol
    Champion is a type of dragon, not a specific dragon.

New Resident
    Hi. I got boosts from the bingo but they don't seem to work. When I action one it seems valid for one hour but does not speed up anything on my farms or my breeding den. Can someone explain how to use them properly?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Weluwe View Post
    Hi. I got boosts from the bingo but they don't seem to work. When I action one it seems valid for one hour but does not speed up anything on my farms or my breeding den. Can someone explain how to use them properly?
    You are probably using it correctly. The boosts only work for 1 hour. Assuming you use a 2x boost, then for that hour, things run at twice the speed of time. So most likely, you have several hours worth of time to go on either your crops or your den, you won't "see" anything unless you had noted how much time was remaining before and after the boost expired.