Page 80 of 94 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490 ... LastLast

Thread: Adventure League - BINGO! *New Feature*

Fashion Designer
    Now, I've read people having trouble with this task before, but on my bingo board I have two tasks. 1 says "Breed with the Birthstone dragon" and is worth 150 points; 2 says "Breed with a Birthstone dragon" and is worth 40 points. Are they the same task? Why is one worth more than the other? I'm going to refresh both, as I don't have that dragon, but was just wondering. I'm now much less surprised at all the confusion I've seen lol.
    No longer active on this forum. Wishing the players good luck on the events and tournaments.

Quote Originally Posted by katali119 View Post
    At that rate it would cost you 400 gold for a 4000 gold dragon, which seems a pretty good deal
    That would be a steal. I spent about 850 gold in total towards efforts for my Gold Horizon, but I had got it about a month ago so back then the competition would have been a little tighter. Over time I'm sure the difficulty will slowly go down as more and more people complete the task and opt out of Bingo. I wonder how or if S8 will do anything to keep interest in Bingo up. If not, eventually it will be possible to earn one completely free.. but that's a trade off between gold spend and gold you could have earned from the dragon if you'd have gotten it earlier.
    Bye Attachment 67493
    Dble12win & 24win streak! -No$Spent!
    DragonS LB trophies (1crystl,51gld,27s,4b) Attachment 67493
    FantasyS LB trophies! (45gld,7s,4b) Attachment 54914

Crystl Trophy Shoplist:
    350m coins,23m food,18 10x boost,13k gld

2314Gld+BoostBreedWkend+DmdTmpl=
    Valint,Achlls,Helios,CrwnJwl,Quasr,Dmd-PrsmX3,Angl,Gld,Mercry&Crusadr
    My Rainbow Attachment 36684

My FashionS boutiques!
    -Beach Esplanade Attachment 35793 @JustKay
    -Fashion First gym Attachment 35795
    -Made in Meiji-era okiya Attachment 35794 @KayJust

BlossomPicnicAttachment 35799
    Monster!Attachment 36956

Fashion Designer
    There are other dragons available, and you never know, they might release other gpd's through it, if it meant keeping people involved and keeping that gold coming in... give a little to get a little you know? Reading back through old stuff, seems like s8 were doing really well a few years ago, co-incidentally at times when they were also giving away more gold for free; then I read about how they keep dropping the amounts of gold given away, and now the company seems to be struggling more...
    No longer active on this forum. Wishing the players good luck on the events and tournaments.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by katali119 View Post
    Now, I've read people having trouble with this task before, but on my bingo board I have two tasks. 1 says "Breed with the Birthstone dragon" and is worth 150 points; 2 says "Breed with a Birthstone dragon" and is worth 40 points. Are they the same task? Why is one worth more than the other? I'm going to refresh both, as I don't have that dragon, but was just wondering. I'm now much less surprised at all the confusion I've seen lol.
    Sigh, sadly not for some of us. The slide for this game continues onto new lows with game design tactics to extract as much gold as possible from players. This is my main account and I've only got one more lot of 50 tickets to collect for the Gold Horizon. It was a little easier for maybe 2 weeks, but not anymore for those of us that show an interest in competing. Here are my observations and others may comment if they experience the same thing. 2 weeks ago, I decided to drop to the Silver League to compete for 15 tickets as a month ago, I managed to wine in that league quite easily without spending any gold. However, this time, it wasn't a cake walk. I had to spend about 110 gold to get into the top 3. On top of that, one of my tasks was to "Breed a Firestorm Dragon". Well, guess what, it took 5 breeding attempts to get one; you guessed it, I had 4 rares / super rares in a row. Normally, when I try to breed any rare or super rare dragon, I consistently get common fails (i.e. 1 rare / super rare in 5 to 10 breeding attempts, and never get 3 rares or super rares in a row. If I'm lucky, I have only managed to get 2 rares / super rares in a row only about 3 times in my 4 year history of playing the game! I have 2 other accounts on other devices along with another account that my wife plays on a very casual basis. On these accounts, only about 1 or 2 Bingo tasks get completed a day. Well, guess what, in these accounts, I have found that I get put into groups that don't play Bingo much either, so it is easy to get to the top. However, after 1 or 2 weeks of easy play and reaching the top, I find that your island gets put into a competitive group again.

For my main island where I am trying to get a lot of 50 tickets this week, once again, I find I'm up against competitive players. 2 of them within the first day reached almost 3,000 points and they don't even have GPDs! The other thing I've noticed is that quite often now when you get a task to breed a certain type of dragon with another type, more often than not produces an egg that has the maximum hatching time possible for that combination. For instance, breeding a red type with a white type which I did earlier today produced a Virtue with a breeding and hatching time of 33 hours; hence compelling one to use gold or a boost to speed breed and hatch! Well, let's see what else happens!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinW07 View Post
    Sigh, sadly not for some of us. The slide for this game continues onto new lows with game design tactics to extract as much gold as possible from players. This is my main account and I've only got one more lot of 50 tickets to collect for the Gold Horizon. It was a little easier for maybe 2 weeks, but not anymore for those of us that show an interest in competing. Here are my observations and others may comment if they experience the same thing.
    I've had the exact same experience on my game! I posted this a few days ago in the breeding combos and questions thread as a tip on how people can increase their chances of breeding rare dragons:

"Check your bingo card to see what common dragons it's asking you to breed. I seem to have a ton of trouble breeding common dragons when they show up on bingo. So if you see "breed an Island dragon" as one of the tasks on your bingo card, use that as your opportunity to breed blue and green rare dragons. Also, it seems like the higher your ranking, the lower your chances are of breeding that common dragon. It's as if the game is trying to frustrate you and force you to spend gold to complete the task when it knows you're trying to maintain your position at the top of the board. And when you're at the bottom, it makes it easier to earn those points to move on up, which encourages those ahead of you to spend gold to maintain their position. If it's not too time consuming for you and the other people in your group aren't too competitive, try playing Bingo for a bit to move to the top of your group."

I've given up on trying to do the breed this common dragon tasks, unless I'm super lucky and already happen to have one being bred when it comes up on bingo. I've wasted a lot of gold trying to complete these deceptively simple tasks. On the other hand, I like these tasks if the colors of the dragon it's asking me to breed happens to match those of a limited time dragon in the market. Before bingo came along, I've never been able to breed a limited time dragon. However, I've managed to breed several of them since Bingo started. I still remember my first, which was the Raindance dragon I got when attempting to breed an Island. There was also this one time when I was attempting to breed a Fruitful and had to speed through five or six eggs before I finally got it. Two of them were Citrus dragons.

Who want's to play a game that's easy? I mean, if it was easy to get dragons I'm pretty sure you would have moved on to a more challenging game... the value you perceive is due to the work involved to get it. Yes, the difficulty level might change, but what game doesn't try to adjust to the player to bring new challenges? I'm somewhat confused as to why people are complaining.

Limequat mentioned some tactics to benefit from the changes inherent with Bingo, so that's how you beat the game. You come up with strategies to defy the odds. It's like when I sped breed more than 10 diamond hybrids during one diamond temple & boosted breeding weekend. I had a plan in place on exactly when I could do it, a few theories to test out, a bit of gold set aside, and guessed the timing right. That was a huge rush when I got the dragons. While I did spend quite a bit of gold, it was a steal with at least 7 new hybrids diamonds for just 2300 gold. I have my own strategies for beating Bingo, and only spent about 850 gold to get my Gold Horizon. That's how I beat this game. You're not playing against other keepers, you're playing against the algorithm.
    Bye Attachment 67493
    Dble12win & 24win streak! -No$Spent!
    DragonS LB trophies (1crystl,51gld,27s,4b) Attachment 67493
    FantasyS LB trophies! (45gld,7s,4b) Attachment 54914

Crystl Trophy Shoplist:
    350m coins,23m food,18 10x boost,13k gld

2314Gld+BoostBreedWkend+DmdTmpl=
    Valint,Achlls,Helios,CrwnJwl,Quasr,Dmd-PrsmX3,Angl,Gld,Mercry&Crusadr
    My Rainbow Attachment 36684

My FashionS boutiques!
    -Beach Esplanade Attachment 35793 @JustKay
    -Fashion First gym Attachment 35795
    -Made in Meiji-era okiya Attachment 35794 @KayJust

BlossomPicnicAttachment 35799
    Monster!Attachment 36956

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by JustKay View Post
    Who want's to play a game that's easy? I mean, if it was easy to get dragons I'm pretty sure you would have moved on to a more challenging game... the value you perceive is due to the work involved to get it. Yes, the difficulty level might change, but what game doesn't try to adjust to the player to bring new challenges? I'm somewhat confused as to why people are complaining.

Limequat mentioned some tactics to benefit from the changes inherent with Bingo, so that's how you beat the game. You come up with strategies to defy the odds. It's like when I sped breed more than 10 diamond hybrids during one diamond temple & boosted breeding weekend. I had a plan in place on exactly when I could do it, a few theories to test out, a bit of gold set aside, and guessed the timing right. That was a huge rush when I got the dragons. While I did spend quite a bit of gold, it was a steal with at least 7 new hybrids diamonds for just 2300 gold. I have my own strategies for beating Bingo, and only spent about 850 gold to get my Gold Horizon. That's how I beat this game. You're not playing against other keepers, you're playing against the algorithm.
    Actually, I'm sure many people like myself play this game for relaxation to take our minds of the challenges of life. TeamLava needs to take this into account.

I'm trying to finish collecting the 50 tickets required to craft the GHD, and don't appreciate the underhanded tactics employed by the game designers. I've just had my 5th lost in a row to "Win 2 battles with your Fairytale dragons". To me, this is an obvious ploy to force one to spend gold to Ultimate out. I'm already willingly spending gold for useful things like boosted points, so they don't need to be so greedy.

Perhaps you would be kind enough to share some of your bingo strategies around breeding and winning battles to h elp thos of us in this form that are having difficulties? :-)

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinW07 View Post
    I'm trying to finish collecting the 50 tickets required to craft the GHD, and don't appreciate the underhanded tactics employed by the game designers. I've just had my 5th lost in a row to "Win 2 battles with your Fairytale dragons". To me, this is an obvious ploy to force one to spend gold to Ultimate out. I'm already willingly spending gold for useful things like boosted points, so they don't need to be so greedy.
    I believe your success with completing battles for bingo is dependent upon your position in your group as well as how active it is. Two weeks ago, I was at the top of my group in Silver for several days in a row. There were several thousand points between me and second place, and there was not much activity going on in my group in general. The people immediately below me would go almost an entire day without putting on any points. I was unable to complete any battle tasks, as I was constantly losing despite using dragons that were supposed to have >75% chance of winning. This leaves you in a situation where you wonder if you should spend gold or not because the people below you will catch up if you go long enough without gaining any points.

I find I have a higher success rate with battling when I'm at the bottom of my group. Another situation where I have a high success rate is if I'm at the top, and the people immediately below are quickly closing in on me. Again, the reason is to get people to hand over their gold. While it won't be you spending the gold this time, your competitors will be tempted to spend gold for that final push to overtake you.

Fashion Designer
    The thing is, a 25% chance of losing is a pretty big chance. If it was a 25% chance of winning the lottery, I bet you'd be buying a ticket. I certainly would. I've been playing Ludo with my son and husband recently. Logically, every time rolling the dice has a 1 in 6 chance of rolling a 6. But that doesn't mean every 6 throws it comes up 6. In one game, my husband rolled 6 nearly every other go. In 2 games, my husband and I had rolled no less than 8 6s each before our son rolled his second. Chance is not even and regular, it just means that over time and thousands of battles, that's what it works out as. If you flip a coin 100 times, it's highly unlikely that you will get heads 50 times, and tails 50 times. If you do it 1 million times, it will be much closer to 500,000 each. If you do it 1 billion times, it will maybe be pretty much half and half. You need a lot of results to get a statistically accurate model.

Rhino Keeper
    Some of my strategies are I refresh when it says breed a certain type of dragon unless I have a dragon about to be hatched with the same time.

I also refresh most of the long food planting/harvesting esp if it is something like 15 pumpwings or scalypears, if it is 1-2 of them I might consider doing it but usually I only keep the shorter food ones. If it's at night I will do a plant 7 pumpwings, eliteleeks or dates and I will keep one that says harvest 7 of those overnight.

With battles I usually give it one go with the type of dragon required and if it loses I refresh, unless I have a free turn and another dragon available, if a tournament is on I will usually refresh the battle ones straight away unless they are for champion or diamond and then I will use my level 15 valiant.

I tend to think that it's better to come back in 3 hours when they refresh as opposed to trying to battle every hour and then feel forced to use ultimate. As well as the odd gold or 2 to speed a breeding up with bingo I will occasionally use gold for 3 hour 50% bonus and using food and breeding boosts at the same time.
    Feel free to add me as a neighbour