Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Restaurant Story: Winter Holiday Suggestion Thread 2016

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by twospoons View Post
    not as desperate as i am for it in BS, but i do love the game characters in seasonal clothing (i'm shocked you didn't give us phoebe dressed for halloween, given that she keeps talking about her costume). so: gran gran in red dress & lee in a silly sweater! we could have a potluck christmas dinner, with a new stove and each recipe is contributed by a character:

a christmas sushi from lee

and a dish from gran-gran and one from phoebe that i'm too lazy to think of right now
    Ha ha love the Christmas sushi tree! Except the raw okra ... Blargh

Re-release of xmas recipes that are now locked. Wasn't there a Santa Pancakes and Buche de Noel?

Please please please unlock old christmas recipes and thanksgivving parade goals for limited time. That would be awesome. Thanks

Yes, I agree with the above post. I would luv 2 be able 2 unlock the "WINTER OVEN" which is a goal before my time. I know u folks have the capability, someone just needs to "Green Light " it. Also, I'm still having issues with hundreds of thousands of food disappearing. I've been playing this game 4 5yrs now& luv it but get frustrated with the food disappearing. Yes I keep my doors open & yes I know how it all works...but...this is different. Also, I'm having issues where gifts that my neighbors r receiving from me r NOT always what I've sent them. They get some obscure old part that I did not hit the "send" button, but they got it anyway. Thk u Brenda
    Last edited by Brenda123T; 10-25-16 at 05:36 AM.

Moderator (volunteer) pixiegamer's Avatar
    Thank you as always for starting this thread Kooky Everyone has such great ideas; I hope they make it into the game

As usual, my post is a bit long... But here we go!

General
    • Less sparkles on the decor!
    • Please serve the food in actual serving dishes, rather than cookie sheets or cooking pots. Even the classic blue plates are a huge step up from the recent trend of serving-in-cookware/bakeware that we've been seeing in the game.
    • More of Gran-Gran, Phoebe, and Chef Lee as solitary 1x1 floor decorations please I gave suggestions in most categories below
    • More seasonal solitary characters in general
    • More people with varied skin tones please!

November/Thanksgiving
    • A re-release of the November 2013 goals, including for players who may have started but were not able to finish them OR the re-release of that goal content for gems. I loved that the Halloween 2013 goals were brought back for October (as did many other players! ♡), but older players weren't able to finish the goals or buy additional goal prizes.

The November 2013 goals are special for me because they're the first monthly goal set I was able to participate in in Restaurant Story. However, being new and very inexperienced at the time, I wasn't able to get more than two steps into the goals If the Restaurant Story team is making plans to re-release the goals, PLEASE allow players to complete the goals if they weren't able to. Or, please allow everyone to be able to buy the goal content for gems, as was done with the April 2014 Blossom Goals content a long time ago.

• A sale on the Horn of Plenty box, or maybe a special sale wherein the box prizes are all available individually.

• New Thanksgiving recipes like Stuffed Turkey Roulade, Mashed Potatoes with Gravy, Nut Loaf (the vegetarian version of meatloaf), Roasted Root Vegetables, Brussel Sprouts, Roasted Butternut Squash Chunks, Squash Soup, Macaroni Casserole, etc.

• Falltime kitchen scenes or equipment. Examples: a kitchen island with pumpkins and candles arranged on top; a wall-mounted spice rack featuring cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves; Gran-Gran pulling a freshly-baked pumpkin pie (or even her famous boysenberry pie!) out of the oven; a cream-colored/thin burnt orange tile ****** backsplash wallpaper; an open window with patterned orange curtains showing fall leaves outside

• Still really hoping for a dirt tile It could work as a fall item

• The return of the Cider Bar as an LTO:

• Gran-Gran on a chair drinking some spiced tea

Black Friday
    • I'm really REALLY hoping to see the Jazz Band back! Players have also given a lot of great suggestions on the Favorite Items thread. With how strong the other sales have been this year, I'm looking forward to a great sale

Winter
    • Phoebe, Chef Lee, and Gran-Gran bundled up in outerwear
    • Clusters of snow-covered pine trees
    • A couple snuggled on a couch sharing a scarf and drinking hot cocoa
    • Fogged-up windows with little drifts of snow on the edges
    • Theme idea: the restaurant is closed and the staff is snowed in. Lee, Gran-Gran, and Phoebe make the most of it by enjoying their time in the restaurant making warm recipes
    • Solitary characters wearing outerwear (coats, scarves, sweaters, sweater-dresses with leggings, boots, etc.) that we can place around our restaurant
    • Outdoor heater floor decorations
    • Snowflake wall decals
    • Bare-branched trees with snow on the branches
    • Soups! By far some of the easiest recipes to associate with winter, and the great part about it is RS could use a whole lot more. Examples: Corn Chowder, Kale Bean Soup, Cream of Mushroom Soup, Carrot Ginger Soup, Lobster Bisque, French Onion Soup, Butternut Squash Soup, Potato Leek Soup, etc.
      ○ If we get some of these, it would be great to see them in some creative crockery rather than the standard blue bowls. I'd personally love to see double-handled or one-handled soup crocks

• Maybe another seasonal sale featuring the return of winter boxes and other discontinued wintry items
    • People going ice fishing
    • A not-so-warmly dressed customer shivering in the cold (maybe he can warm up next to the outdoor heater )
    • Coat racks packed with scarves, coats, mittens, and boots

Christmas

• Gran-Gran wearing a festive gown, or maybe on a rocking chair knitting a Christmas sweater
    • Lee wearing an ugly Christmas sweater
    • Phoebe in a festive dress (like in this promotional picture for RS from a while ago):

• And the snowy trees from the above picture too!
    • Kids decorating a Christmas tree
    • Kids sitting down on the floor opening their presents
    • A gift exchange
    • A grand fireplace (3x3 maybe?) with a decorated mantle in front of a rug and small table of cookies, with Santa peeking his head in from the chimney, or a "Stuck Santa" where only his legs and lower half are showing
    • Returning Christmas recipes:

• Christmassy LTOs like the North Pole station and Grandma's Kitchen:

New Year's Eve
    • Gran-Gran, Phoebe, and Chef Lee dressed to the nines and ready to party and welcome the New Year!
    • Lots of different silver/gold/sparkly tables, chairs, counters, wall streamers, and decorations
    • A sparkly new host table with balloons tacked onto it (this could very easily be a recolor of the Valentine's host table that used to be on the market)
    • A ball drop floor decoration (preferably without a year so it can be used for multiple years)
    • A sparkling cider fountain floor decoration, and an appliance with different sparkling cider recipes (examples: grape, apple, peach, pomegranate)
    • Tables and chairs that look like clocks
    • A wall clock showing midnight
    • A 2x1 wall decoration TV screen (or maybe a 2x1 floor decoration TV screen) screening a New Year's Eve celebration
    • A New Year's Bash concert venue with a performer surrounded by glitter and confetti, like performers at Times Square
    • Solitary well-dressed party guests to place around the restaurant
    • A couple sharing a New Year's kiss
    • The New Year Party LTO:
    • A fun wall decoration like this:

Last edited by pixiegamer; 10-29-16 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Fixed apostrophes
    ~ Forum Moderator for Bakery Story and Restaurant Story ~

Bakery Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Help Me I Have a Question
    Restaurant Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Goal Prize Re-Locking Bug | Help Me I Have a Question
    Need Me? Send me a PM
    Having an issue with your game? Contact Storm8 Support
    Forum Rules: Check Here!
    ~ Gentle Reminder: Mods are players, just like you! I am not a Storm8 Employee ~

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE MAY I have an option to purchase The Christmas snow globe the Clydesdales and the dog sled ???
    (koi pond someday in the future I've tried SO many times to win it from the crate)

Executive Chef
    i would like it if for black friday the option to open more appliance slots would go on sale. it's so hard in RS to keep food on the counters, but 49 gems is just way too much for that.

Rhino Keeper

Name:	north pole.png 
Views:	33 
Size:	229.8 KB 
ID:	34322

2.tree of lights
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tree of lights.JPG 
Views:	34 
Size:	31.8 KB 
ID:	34323

3.holiday lights tables and chairs

Name:	holiday lights.JPG 
Views:	44 
Size:	37.1 KB 
ID:	34324

4.reindeer display (winter crate, 3rd prize)

Name:	reindeer display.png 
Views:	29 
Size:	33.4 KB 
ID:	34325

5.letters to santa (holiday gift box, 4th prize)

Name:	letters to santa.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	16.3 KB 
ID:	34326
    Last edited by AliSweet876; 11-04-16 at 10:20 AM. Reason: top 5
    PLEASE MAKE THE GARDEN ARCHWAY AVAILABLE!!!

Rhino Keeper
    6.carolers (2012 goal item)

Name:	carolers.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	54.0 KB 
ID:	34329

7.holiday lights wall decoration (2013 goal item)
    8.log cabin wallpaper (2013 goal item)

Name:	log cabin.JPG 
Views:	48 
Size:	83.3 KB 
ID:	34328

9.crystal penguins (crystal box, 3rd prize)

Name:	crystal penguins.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	21.2 KB 
ID:	34327

10.light dancer (holiday crate, 3rd prize)

Name:	light dancer.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	28.5 KB 
ID:	34331

11.wood burning stove (winter wonderland box, 4th prize)

Name:	woodburning stove.JPG 
Views:	62 
Size:	15.1 KB 
ID:	34332
    PLEASE MAKE THE GARDEN ARCHWAY AVAILABLE!!!

Executive Chef
    because alisweet numbered her wish list, i now totally want a 12 days of christmas sale with a new item every day! (plus a bunch of other items as well, cause only 12 things on sale would be sad). but it's better in the days leading up to christmas, not the actual 12 days.

i under-bought the christmas carpet tiles when that goal came out, so i hope to have another shot at those. i'd like to build up my 'elegant' christmas area this year, so anything that fits with that.
    Last edited by twospoons; 11-04-16 at 02:58 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    Can we please have the return of the old xmas recipies as shown above.
    Gingerbread items and return of the old xmas goals 2012 ?

Holiday box thank you

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast