Page 41 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 10/7 Update - Monster Mash Ball (TIMED/OPTIONAL) | EXPIRED

Were we supposed to get 4 haunted spires? I feel like I just won the lottery!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessCelestian View Post
    Got a little statistic for you concerning the drop rate of cursed stone. One of my alicorn's was super generous this morning so after I had checked all of my buildings and horses, I still had 112 energy left over to dedicate to rock chopping. I was chopping small rock piles so there were no monsters spawned to throw this stat off. I received a whopping 26 cursed stones for a drop rate of just over 23%. Yup. It's pretty low. I was hoping to get way more than that.
    Princess - I have been getting 10-25% drop percentages. It's been very disappointing to sometimes get 1 or 2 cursed stones with 20 chops. Also agree that it's annoying how many dire boars are popping up. I've also tried to park a monster while chopping and then clearing it before tapping on buildings. Sorry your drop rate isn't great either.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessCelestian View Post
    Got a little statistic for you concerning the drop rate of cursed stone. One of my alicorn's was super generous this morning so after I had checked all of my buildings and horses, I still had 112 energy left over to dedicate to rock chopping. I was chopping small rock piles so there were no monsters spawned to throw this stat off. I received a whopping 26 cursed stones for a drop rate of just over 23%. Yup. It's pretty low. I was hoping to get way more than that.
    I was whining about this yesterday. I've tried all sorts of things - different types of rocks; chopping rapidly through a pile ; chopping slowly through a pile; chopping alternate rock piles; going away once I've got a stone and collecting somewhere else and then coming back to chop again. But nothing works. You can chop through a small rock pile and get no stones at tall. I worked out this morning that I needed 230 more stones to complete the castle. I suspect that my percentage is more like 20% or less so this means I'd need to chop 1,150 rocks in the next 7 and a bit days. And that's just the rock part.

Will keep on for a bit, but very close to saying that I'm out.

And I've already given up on the ghost/werewolf/mummy quest - will stick with my pet fangbeast.

Nightclub Owner
    Forgive me if this has been mentioned already, but I can't get a Ghost or Mummy to appear to save my life! Do the Jewelers/Watchtowers/Lanterns have to be level 6? Mine are all level 5 but they just won't produce a monster
    Island Name: Amer Island

1883+ Unique Dragons Hatched
    409+ Unique Dragon Eggs in Storage

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by belbar22 View Post
    I have played several times a day and used up 200 energy from crates and greenhouse. I have 2 wizard schools and 7 assorted alicorns (none that give 40 energy) and I have out 9 libraries (although some were only built yesterday), 6 taverns and the pirate tavern and I have only just hit level 7 and have 218 horseshoes. I am not tapping on anything else. It seems impossible to get enough horseshoes to get the alicolt. I was focusing on the haunted castle rather than tapping horses am I missing something?
    Just keep upgrading your castle!! The horseshoes will follow!! They go up quite a bit the higher your castle! Hahah... This is why I set my alarm every two hours at night...
    Looking like a zombie and that I should be a character in the game! BUT... I have a level 9 castle!! Just those curSED stones holding me up!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ladlasse View Post
    Princess - I have been getting 10-25% drop percentages. It's been very disappointing to sometimes get 1 or 2 cursed stones with 20 chops. Also agree that it's annoying how many dire boars are popping up. I've also tried to park a monster while chopping and then clearing it before tapping on buildings. Sorry your drop rate isn't great either.
    Have you tried only chopping the small rock piles? It definitely takes a lot of the frustration out when there aren't any dire boars being spawned. But the drop rate still stinks. I will level up to 7 later today when I can collect from my buildings again and I am still hoping to manage to get all the way to level 10 on the keep. I also really want the individual prizes but unless something is adjusted, I am starting to lose hope that will happen. Only 322 horseshoes now. I know that these go up exponentially as your keep gets larger but it doesn't seem like it will go up enough. If I don't manage to get the alicolt, it will be the very first time in a very long time that I havent managed to finish and win all of the prizes from a timed event.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by auroragal View Post
    I don't think this one is going to be as hard as the griffin which I couldn't complete and blew a ton on! Good luck!!
    I managed to finish the griffin quest without spending any real money on it. I don't think I will be able to say the same for this one if I want to complete it. . .

Rhino Keeper
    So I took the advise on here about the small rock piles! How lovely!! NO direboars!! BUT I also didn't get any stones! So laughable... 7 small piles = 1 curSED stone... Yes 1!

Sooo... The question is .. Which rock piles give out the best amount of stones?? I always found the Dark cave formation gave the most, but unfortunately I don't have of those left in my hoard.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by nateryd View Post
    So I took the advise on here about the small rock piles! How lovely!! NO direboars!! BUT I also didn't get any stones! So laughable... 7 small piles = 1 curSED stone... Yes 1!

Sooo... The question is .. Which rock piles give out the best amount of stones?? I always found the Dark cave formation gave the most, but unfortunately I don't have of those left in my hoard.
    Dark cave or glimmer rock formations definitively are going to give you the best drop rate. But I have also used up all of my stored inventory of those from adventures. If I am going to spend gems, I would just rather buy the stones outright. At least that I way I know that I am guaranteed a certain number. I have been chopping only the small rock piles since yesterday and have gotten about the most decent drop rate I have heard. This morning for 112 energy I got a drop rate of just over 23% or 26 cursed stones. Since then I have just had the regular energy replenishing and have gotten another 8. I would say I have used about 40 energy or so. Statistically that would be just around a 20% drop rate so pretty in line with what I found this morning.

Executive Chef
    I chopped big rocks and small piles alternatively. My best luck was 20 smashes ,got 8 and 35 chops, got 14 rolleyes: I just spend 38 energy and got 10. So it might be 20% cause sometimes 10 chops only one cursed stone dropped. This type of event needs baby sitting the device
    ⚔ (lighting)⚔
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society⚔ Sword #71